Tomb Raider coming to PS4

Vicodin_HP

First off, let me apologize if this is the wrong place to put this.

It appears the VGX website has launched an add for Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition to launch on January 28th.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the new Tomb Raider, so if this is true, I'll definitely be picking up a copy.

What're your thoughts?
Edited by Vicodin_HP

I can understand remastering older games and making and releasing it re-branded as HD. I really don't think we need a game that is already HD to be touched up a bit and released, the difference won't be nearly as noticeable as the PS2 to PS3 HD game upgrade and Tomb Raider hasn't even been out that long. 

Personally I'd love to see a brand new Tomb Raider game for the PS4/Xbone instead of the same game I played this year. 

Parker

• Like 4

I am also a big fan of this game, and thought the story was amazing. However, as Parker has said, I don't think it was really necessary for them to do a remake for PS4/Xb1. Maybe it is to ensure they can do the next game using this engine? Who knows. Either way, this will make it so that the remake is out less than 12 months after the original lol.

There've been rumours about this for a while, I think it's a good move. By doing this, they make sure that this first 'Tomb Raider Reboot' entry is available on the same platform as the future entries, making it easier to PS4 owners without a PS3 to follow the series from the beginning (PS4 owners are gonna thank this in 4-5 years). I won't be buying it though, because I won't be getting a PS4 anytime soon, if I had one, I'd already be saving money to get it, I love this series so much I'd go through those painful MP trophies once again lol

• Like 1

There've been rumours about this for a while, I think it's a good move. By doing this, they make sure that this first 'Tomb Raider Reboot' entry is available on the same platform as the future entries, making it easier to PS4 owners without a PS3 to follow the series from the beginning (PS4 owners are gonna thank this in 4-5 years). I won't be buying it though, because I won't be getting a PS4 anytime soon, if I had one, I'd already be saving money to get it, I love this series so much I'd go through those painful MP trophies once again lol

This is a good way of putting it. The fact that the 2013 reboot was on the PS3 and it's sequel would be on the PS4 was why I was a little disappointed about the news of the sequel. I think series shouldn't be spread out over different systems like that. Still on the fence about buying it again though if it's true. If it added more gameplay to singleplayer, or if they had an option for a discounted upgrade like they did for Assassins Creed 4, I'd probably get it again.

• Like 1

This is a good way of putting it. The fact that the 2013 reboot was on the PS3 and it's sequel would be on the PS4 was why I was a little disappointed about the news of the sequel. I think series shouldn't be spread out over different systems like that. Still on the fence about buying it again though if it's true. If it added more gameplay to singleplayer, or if they had an option for a discounted upgrade like they did for Assassins Creed 4, I'd probably get it again.

That's the thing. They should allow players to upgrade their PS3 version and get the PS4 title with a reduced price, and I really hope they do it like that, but with the whole 'all DLC included' thing, it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen, guess we'll have to wait to find out. 

lol! what's so special about that version?

so let me guess.. it'll run at 1080p and 60 FPS???

sound cool but why?

isn't it already in HD on ps3 / 360 and PC?

i don't know about you but i think that's blows, it's better if they announce the sequel they mentioned for next gen, i guess peoples on ps4 / XBONE will gonna hate that broken MP too unless CD fix it and remove all the unnecessary multiplayer modes and stuff.

The only thing that I like about Tomb Raider coming to the PS4, is that it will give the multiplayer another shot. I was one of the people that enjoyed its multiplayer.

EDIT: I have nothing against Tomb Raider coming to the PS4, but it's not exactly a great thing either. It's just a PS3/360 game coming to PS4 for better graphics. I'm looking for new exclusives for the PS4, not games being re-made for it. I know I'm being quite harsh, on it but that's what I honestly think. I just hope the multiplayer will be more popular on PS4. If it is, then I'll get it for sure!  :)

Edited by Sly_Cooper_FTW

I can understand remastering older games and making and releasing it re-branded as HD. I really don't think we need a game that is already HD to be touched up a bit and released, the difference won't be nearly as noticeable as the PS2 to PS3 HD game upgrade and Tomb Raider hasn't even been out that long. 

Personally I'd love to see a brand new Tomb Raider game for the PS4/Xbone instead of the same game I played this year. 

Parker

This.

My sister might buy it since she didn't buy the PS3 version.

It's cool, I'm pretty certain it's not aimed for people that have already played it, but it's for the people who haven't played it yet or die-hard fans that want to play it again on their next-gen consoles - And according to Square Enix, the games sales for the game earlier this year were a serious disappointment (LOL, really Square?), so maybe this will satisfy Square Enix, haha

I loved Tomb Raider and can't wait for the sequel but this is cool to see on next-gen consoles, why not? I"m pretty certain it didn't halt Crystal Dynamic's development much on the next Tomb Raider seeing as they get two other studios to help them do this. I think it looks nice, the tweaks to Lara herself are cool, like the hair she has now that has been on PC that is more real and reacts like individual strands of hair should, looks nice!

-

Also, I'm loving all of your trophy cards! Along with updating the headers for the new site layout, I've been changing a lot of the popular games to nicer, newer trophy cards too (previously we had a lot of cards with oddly positioned imaging with characters faces cut off or simply bad images, and silly stuff like that). Every time I change one, I'm always like "I hope this doesn't piss a ton of people off" but luckily it seems the updates to the cards are well-liked since a lot of forum users are choosing them! =)

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Confirmed features for Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition plus trailer.

-Fully rebuilt for next-gen with native 1080p.
-The Tomb of the Lost Adventurer
-Eight DLC multiplayer maps
-Six DLC multiplayer weapons
-Four DLC multiplayer characters
-Six outfits for Lara
-Dark Horse digital comic book “Tomb Raider: The Beginning”
-Brady Games digital art book “Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival”
-“The Final Hours of Tomb Raider” documentary series

Not a huge fan of the so called "Remastered in HD" genre...except for some few title that was worth the "nostalgia" i guess..
Anyway, as for this "re-released" I might get it and play it on the PS4 since I never grabbed a copy for my PS3. Love how they

"remake" Ms Croft..  :pimp: 

And yes, hope they focus on making a new instalment rather than remaking what's already been done. 

Last note, I truly believe that Tomb Raider(2013) was one of the bEst underrated game out there.!

Really can't understand why SquareEnix declared it as a complete failure w/5million copies being sold. (not counting to-date) but on the press release itself.  

• 4 weeks later...