Ghost of Tsushima: new “Rivals” game mode (Sept. 3)

NetoStyle

2 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Big asterisk there: everything can be done within 30 minutes provided you have Plus, because there seems to be no way to complete the 5 shades trophy solo.

Actually i didn't even know you could play Rivals alone ....

But I mean if you just play with someone as it is meant to be, it is surprisingly easy to harvest souls, they even scatter lots of them throughout the map, in addition to the ones dropped by the enemies. You easily end up with 80-90+ souls at the end of the game and the Shades only cost 5 souls .... So yeah, as long as the other team doesn't block you from using the curses and provided they do take care of the Shades you summon, it a very easy task that will come naturally.

• Like 1

Just now, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Actually i didn't even know you could play Rivals alone ....

But I mean if you just play with someone as it is meant to be, it is surprisingly easy to harvest souls, they even scatter lots of them throughout the map, in addition to the ones dropped by the enemies. You easily end up with 80-90+ souls at the end of the game and the Shades only cost 5 souls .... So yeah, as long as the other team doesn't block you from using the curses and provided they do take care of the Shades you summon, it a very easy task that will come naturally.

It would be relatively easy solo as well, but it seems you can't summon more shades after the third one for whatever reason, even if you have the required remaining 10 nagatama. Awful thing to be stopped at 99% by a trophy that technically didn't need to be online only.

Just got all the new Legends trophies. Took about 90 mins and that’s whilst taking my time.

22 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

It would be relatively easy solo as well, but it seems you can't summon more shades after the third one for whatever reason, even if you have the required remaining 10 nagatama. Awful thing to be stopped at 99% by a trophy that technically didn't need to be online only.

I did it solo.

8 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

This Rivals mode is quite frustrating when teamed up with garbo players.

If your companion is using anything other than a samurai you are almost sure to lose.

Totally agree!

It’s also ridiculous that when someone leaves the game, no replacing player is added through matchmaking. It’s 2 vs 1 then. 

I just played a game where everyone left but me, but the game kept on going. I wasn’t even able to spend more souls and was trapped in a game I couldn’t finish, without getting a single reward. Pretty bad game design, if you ask me. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

How do you bind a piece of gear?

How do you purify a Cursed piece of gear?

You have to accept the mastery challenge for a piece of gear. It might have to be level 110? Not 100% sure. You’ll know it’s the right thing as it’ll ask you if you’re sure you want that gear to be ‘bound’ to the class.

You get cursed gear as a reward after you complete a match. Not sure if it’s exclusive to Rivals. It will be red coloured. To purify it, you have to complete a given challenge with that cursed gear equipped to your class. For example I had to kill 25 burning enemies.

Hope that helped.

Edited by GSPeno
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GSPeno said:

You have to accept the mastery challenge for a piece of gear. It might have to be level 110? Not 100% sure. You’ll know it’s the right thing as it’ll ask you if you’re sure you want that gear to be ‘bound’ to the class.

You get cursed gear as a reward after you complete a match. Not sure if it’s exclusive to Rivals. It will be red coloured. To purify it, you have to complete a given challenge with that cursed gear equipped to your class. For example I had to kill 25 burning enemies.

Hope that helped.

Did you have to do this on gold to get it to count? Mine is for killing 10 Oni and I killed a tengu on bronze and it didn’t add to the total

28 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Question!

There seems to be a material to bypass a Mastery Challenge and complete it right away.

Anyone knows where you can farm it?

Anytime you get a piece of purified gear you're able to use it to skip a mastery challenge. They'll stack each time you purify cursed gear. So just play whatever you like

Edited by WILD DOG

30 minutes ago, GSPeno said:

I was able to keep going to the fire spirit one.

So it must be the same shade summoned 5 times? If not, then maybe I've lost count, because I was sure I've summoned 3 shades and then 2 fire spirits but the trophy didn't pop, maybe I was wrong.

Edited by Brightblade76

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2021 at 6:42 PM, willmill97 said:

I've just never personally understood complaining about free content (on what I'd still consider to be a new ish game).

that is true but sometimes new content like this can be annoying to trophy hunters who just want a 100% and leave the game on the side after or better yet rented the game then gave it back after and so on. But for me I will only complain if the content given out is poor such as dying light's bountys and so on with just reskin weapons and nerfs to other gear. As in my eyes it does not keep the game alive just reskining abit of gear in the game and giving it different stats or some kind of gimmick to it and so on like the knife that makes you climb faster and so on.

If you ask me the best way before they wanted money for it was how killing floor 2 kept its game going, payment for skins/ you earn them in events and so on and pay for new characters but guns were free and maps too giving you new places and gear that did different things and played new roles in new set ups and so on this was before they just done the reskin train for free guns and kept the new stuff as payment only but still retool the game to balance the power of the new guns to the old. So that once powerful katana is now little more weaker to compare to a light sabre that you need to pay for as an example. 

But with how Ghost of Tsuhima is doing I think the new stuff is good as it gives you new modes and things to do then just reskin things and giving it out as a free bit of stuff as to me that is lazy as anyone can reskin anything and call it a day.

• Like 1