Ghost of Tsushima: new “Rivals” game mode (Sept. 3)

NetoStyle

Alrighty then. Time to hone those skills again. Rusty but hopefully it will come back to me quickly. Great game, fun mode. New content is always welcomed but added trophies can be worrisome for others. Regardless, will dive back in to have fun and make new friends. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

I strongly dislike mp modes being shoe horned into single player games

I'd be the first one to agree with you if it actually felt shoe horned into the game.  I've never liked mp added to sp games after the fact.  Legends though doesn't feel that way to me.  Not to mention it had been planned since the game was first in development, they just held back any announcements for it in case they couldn't get it to work the way they wanted.

I just wish they wouldn't have tacked on more trophies for this new mode.  I always felt like PVP modes should never have trophies unless that's the whole game or the game is purely an online mp experience.  Hopefully they aren't too terrible though because I enjoy the mode, but in the past terrible trophies have managed to ruin mp in other games for me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I'd be the first one to agree with you if it actually felt shoe horned into the game.  I've never liked mp added to sp games after the fact.  Legends though doesn't feel that way to me.  Not to mention it had been planned since the game was first in development, they just held back any announcements for it in case they couldn't get it to work the way they wanted.

I just wish they wouldn't have tacked on more trophies for this new mode.  I always felt like PVP modes should never have trophies unless that's the whole game or the game is purely an online mp experience.  Hopefully they aren't too terrible though because I enjoy the mode, but in the past terrible trophies have managed to ruin mp in other games for me.

Agree with your first paragraph 100%.  I almost never play multiplayer games and I usually don't like it when they are forced on single player, but man Legends was fun.  Probably doubled my playing time with this game if not more.  More trophies don't bother me but I get why it irks some people.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Agree with your first paragraph 100%.  I almost never play multiplayer games and I usually don't like it when they are forced on single player, but man Legends was fun.  Probably doubled my playing time with this game if not more.  More trophies don't bother me but I get why it irks some people.  

For me it really depends on the trophies.  If it wasn't this semi pvp mode and just more new purely co op modes I'd probably be fine with it.  Thankfully I now have reliable internet, which I didn't have when Legends released so I'm more open to it.  The devs also backpeddled on the Raid being the last bit of new Legends modes released, so that disappoints me a little. 

There is also so many games I still have to play that I don't have the time to revisit games I've already moved on from, but a game like this I really want to retain the 100%.  It's why I'm a advocate of completely seperate mp mode trophy lists for games that launch as sp first (RE3 is an example).

I'm just not a fan of competitive mode trophies that require either insane skill or tremendous luck to be paired with players who aren't as good as myself to pull off.

I just hope this isn't the latter situation because it will really disappoint me give how much I love the game.

• Like 3

Is the "game of the year" Ghost of Tsushima now considered not a good game anymore.

26 minutes ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Resident Evil 6 is the best example I can think of for this. All of the DLC was grindy and awful. Even Resident Evil 5 had a kinda crappy VS online multiplayer.

Both of these games are supposed to be survival horror too.

Honestly makes you want to wait a year until a AAA game is completely finished.

As much as I didn't like God Of War due to it making me feel motion sick. At least it was the complete game and they didn't start adding DLC quests and bosses. (Which I am sure they could have done since when you complete the game you do think, oh wait, is that it?)

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

How you feeling about this fellas? In my opinion this game is like a fine wine, it just gets better with the time :)

Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/08/04/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-gets-standalone-release-adds-new-rivals-mode-on-september-3/

Can't wait. Does remind me I need to finish up on my Legends trophies though!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Some of us would like to retain our 100% on games we are fans of the single player content from and not have to be concerned about any mp modes making that difficult. 

Most of us aren't even complaining about the added content, only the added trophies.

Well that's what you signed up for trying to maintain 100% completion, why should the devs cater to your style of trophy hunting? 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 4

The new mode seems fun it’s more pve than pvp you just get debuffs from the enemy team but don’t deal with them directly. I just hope trophies autopop ps5 <-> ps4 like nioh does. Also curious to see if legends mode’s standalone release will have its own platinum trophy.

YESSS! Couldn't be happier with this news! Well, maybe if they had a second raid but I can still hope for that.

The announcement of Iki island didn't really appeal to me. Legends was hands down the best part of this game for mine and I'm not a big fan of mp stuff normally. Legends was just so well done.

• Like 1

Extra article on the standalone : https://www.polygon.com/22609584/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-standalone-release-dates-ps4-ps5-directors-cut

No info on the throphies, it could be that the new mp throphies would only be for the standalone like the last version of comrades did. But I would guess everything would be linked. The article does mention that there will be new levels and something called masteries so I guess the new throphies will be about that. Also it says a new version of the raid is planned with added difficulty. Lets hope there won't be a throphy for that!

Edited by Laozuli
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I hope the new MP trophies arent as bad as the raid trophies. Dont mind more new content for this game though.

In addition to all of the above, we’ll be adding a new piece of content each week from September 10 through October 1, including an additional Rivals map, new Survival maps inspired by Iki Island and Iyo’s realm, and Trials of Iyo, a new harder-difficulty version of last year’s Raid that offers challenges in bite-sized chunks, and offers a new set of online leaderboards. 

Let's just hope they don't add trophy's  for all this......?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Think of it this way, you can either BUY a new game and earn more trophies, or you can get something new for FREE and earn new trophies.

I'll have you know, I plan to do BOTH of those things.

• Like 2

If the harder version of the Iyo raids have trophies, I'm not even gonna bother lol. I'm just gonna take the L, doing the original raids was already tedious for me. Here's hoping the new rivals trophies are not outright luck based or absurdly grindy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mirrors1118 said:

The new mode seems fun it’s more pve than pvp you just get debuffs from the enemy team but don’t deal with them directly. I just hope trophies autopop ps5 <-> ps4 like nioh does. Also curious to see if legends mode’s standalone release will have its own platinum trophy.

I remember playing with you Mirrors. Had fun and you were very helpful. Let's stay connected and we shall see what the trophies entail.