Sabbath - Kinda Bloody Sabbath!

KindaSabbath

On 9/4/2021 at 7:08 AM, KindaSabbath said:

That being said, time for another Trials related update! ??

16L0d9a35.png

Is There Anything You Can't Do?
Completed every Track Challenge in the first 8 Events - :silver: 0.13%

Crossing this one off the list felt pretty good! Proud to add this to my small collection of Trophies. Definitely my most rare and arguably one of the most difficult ones to date!

So I'll be tackling the DLC next. I'm both very excited and pretty fucking nervous! There's some ways to go yet before getting that sweeeeeeet 100%

Okay I have honestly NO IDEA how I completely missed this.

Very impressive dude. I guess being in our 30s, we still have the skills, reflexes, perseverance and courage to go after these hard trophies. Nicely done. Only the real fans of Trials would go for this trophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

@KindaSabbath man, I've been gone over a long weekend and couldn't write earlier... Massive congrats on getting both the hardest trophy in the game, and such a clean run on Way of the Machine! You are absolutely right, you cannot simply brute force your way through that track... it is really a map that will ask of you that you show what you have learned :)

No problemo! Hope you had a good long weekend! 

The majority of Rising was me just trying to brute force my way through the game. Fusion is not so forgiving and requires a lot more imo.

To be fair, I don't think you'll have a hard time with Meteorain. The reason I have that map so present is because I attempted it when I was doing the DLCs, without having cleared too many base game challenges or anything... the last three CPs are, similar to Way of the Machine, CPs that require advanced techniques and a certain level of mastery that I didn't necessarily have yet at that point. But clearing that track was my "a-ha!" moment I think. It is when I understood how to properly use throttle control, how to properly do consecutive bunny-hops, etc... It felt pretty great reaching that point :) 

Ahh - So pretty much my exact experience with Warehouse HD. The first extreme track I played and in this instance, it's the first three CP's that required techniques I just hadn't learned at that point. My "a-ha" moment remains; Hill Climb. I feel like I could write *fuck Hill Climb* a thousand times and still not express my frustration with that skill game. Still the hardest thing I've done so far in both games by a very, very large margin.

You have demonstrated time and time again that you have attained a high level of skill already, so you should be able to breeze through that track :) 

Appreciate that, Arc. Coming from you that means alot. You boys have mad skills. Watching @det_gittes replays is something else. The guy is very skilled at these games. That platinum run on Inferno IV - is spectacular ?

As for Trials of the Blood Dragon... Yeah, I already installed it 1f602.png I'm pretty certain that I will regret it, but I truly want to play all entries of this wonderful franchise. To be honest, if you watch some gameplay, it really looks too gimmicky to be fun. Jet Packs, on-foot sections, ... And only one (actually two, but they are pretty much the same) bike. I don't think it will be a good experience. And it might be the first time I actually play a game I know I probably won't like... But there is something about that game that, despite all the warnings and red flags, still makes me wanna play it... Am I crazy? 1f602.png

You're not crazy. I'm so close to pulling the trigger and buying it as well. It doesn't look amazing and I imagine it will be the first game I purchase that I don't think I'll enjoy, either. However, it is a Trials game. Surely as a completionist- both you and I can justify it, since as it will be more about completing all the available Trials games on the PlayStation. I view that as fan appreciation - I think I may be willing to endure it. Who knows - maybe it's atleast somewhat fun.

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

Haha, whether I should play it or not is one of my biggest gaming dilemmas, however silly that may sound :D 

Not silly at all, like Arc said - it looks gimmicky and uhm... I guess, not aimed at the hardcore Trials audience. I think if Minecraft - a game which I detest... Had a Trials crossover (can you imagine ?) - I don't think I could promise I wouldn't buy it! 

Edit - I'm sure everyone has noticed but I changed the title of my thread. Inspired by @rjkclarke's comment about my username. It stuck with me and I felt it is a much better title than the previous one!

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Now you bring up Far Beyind Driven. Okay, this man wants to talk METAL. Video games take the back seat, shit just got real... I'm Broken is one of - on a list far too long - my favourite songs of all time. The whole album slaps. The crunch that Pantera hit with (forgetting the pre Phil era) is just something no other band has done for me. I would be interested to see where you rank their earlier album which I believe was their second with Phil - Cowboys From Hell? Personally for me - this is when Pantera cemented themselves as one of the all time greats. The duo between Phil and Dimebag's sweeeeet fucking guitar at the end of Cemetary Gates, still to this day gives me goose bumps. The album is a fucking masterpiece.

Unfortunately, I never got to see Pamtera Live. I had the opportunity to see DOWN last year but the gig didn't go ahead. I did however get to see Slayers last show in the UK, 2018 which was rad:

Lads on tour

Next day, not so much:

Lads on tour

That's the business!!

I actually do have the good fortune of having seen Pantera! Summer of '01, Long Beach Arena with Slayer, Static X and Morbid Angel. Right after I graduated high school... life was good?

Bruh I'm Broken was my first Pantera song, I was like ten or eleven and like "WHAT IS THIS???" Vulgar and Cowboys were both spectacular, the former a little more so in my opinion (though admittedly Cemetery Gates beats This Love), but something about that suffocating heaviness of Far Beyond just puts that one in the lead for me!

I felt like on Cowboys they were still figuring themselves out, Vulgar is where they perfected the formula and with Far Beyond they somehow managed to take it to the absolute extreme. Strength Beyond Strength is one of the best opening tracks of any genre as far as I'm concerned!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

I actually do have the good fortune of having seen Pantera! Summer of '01, Long Beach Arena with Slayer, Static X and Morbid Angel. Right after I graduated high school... life was good1f60e.png

Not gonna lie but I'm so jealous! ? - I would of given anything to get the opportunity to see them. I bet they were awesome. I've watched their gig in Russia, man that would of been a hell of an experience!

Bruh I'm Broken was my first Pantera song, I was like ten or eleven and like "WHAT IS THIS???" Vulgar and Cowboys were both spectacular, the former a little more so in my opinion (though admittedly Cemetery Gates beats This Love), but something about that suffocating heaviness of Far Beyond just puts that one in the lead for me!

Very much like my reaction when I first heard Pantera back when I was 7 years old. I think it was the suffocating heaviness of the band in general that just pulled me in and started to change my perception of what heavy actually is. It's because of my love for Pantera why I've come across so many lesser known bands that also, hit with such a thick sound. Bands like: Electric Wizzard, The Sword, Acid Bath, Kyus. While we're now getting into sub genres of sorts here, such as stoner/doom metal, there's just something about that crunchy sounding guitar that I fell in love with - because of Pantera, all those years ago - I think that's always kept me searching for more. Hell, you will laugh at me now, but I hold Pantera responsible for my love of bands like Weezer and Queens of the Stone Age. Again, it's that thicker sounding guitar that has always pulled me in.

Then again, as a child I was exposed to Black Sabbath before Pantera. That was when I fell in love with music. We can see a pattern here with the heavy guitar, now that I'm typing it out ?

I felt like on Cowboys they were still figuring themselves out, Vulgar is where they perfected the formula and with Far Beyond they somehow managed to take it to the absolute extreme. Strength Beyond Strength is one of the best opening tracks of any genre as far as I'm concerned!

While I do prefer Cowboys. I cannot argue with a single thing you've just said, you're absolutely on point here. 

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Okay I have honestly NO IDEA how I completely missed this.

Very impressive dude. I guess being in our 30s, we still have the skills, reflexes, perseverance and courage to go after these hard trophies. Nicely done. Only the real fans of Trials would go for this trophy.

Thanks man! Yeah, it's not for the feint hearted. You've gotta really enjoy these games to get through some of the challenges they offer, especially if going for full completion.

We may be in our 30's but we've had a long time to develop these skills, to acquire the required level of patience when facing a tough task and we're obviously far too stubborn to leave this hobby behind or accept defeat.

GG my dude. Long may we continue to slay these games!

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Oh yeah! 

Kinda bloody sabbath.

The guy just wants his due.

Writing just for writing.

Posting just for you.

I look forward to reading more of your thread.

???

Yo, thanks for dropping by mate. I look forward to continuing to chat shit with you and all the others who post here, while I work my way through these games!

• Like 3

Ok so an entire checklist dedicated to Trials and Metal. 

Yeah... Make some space, kids! This is where I'm hanging out now! 

In all seriousness though... If you didn't guess or read it yet, I lived in Helsinki (Finland) for four years (my account's flag gives it away!). And without exception, the three best days each year were the ones where the Tuska festival would be held in downtown Helsinki. I lived literally a 10 minute walk away from where the festival was held. Three days of nothing but beer, burgers and metal. Some of the craziest bands, always huge names in the lineup as well, and the best atmosphere among any metal festival or gig I've been to. 

No Motörhead or Pantera, but I remember some incredible performances by Gojira, Mastodon, Meshuggah or, one of my favorites, Apocalyptica playing Metallica on four Cellos... 

Ah, those times... Man, cannot wait for concerts to start happening again! Already have tickets for October ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Not gonna lie but I'm so jealous! ? - I would of given anything to get the opportunity to see them. I bet they were awesome. I've watched their gig in Russia, man that would of been a hell of an experience!

Oh man, one of the best shows I've been to! They had these huge furnace type deals shooting out giant walls of flame, which after a while I remember being incredibly hot - I had to give props to the peeps at the front-front. Not that they could've moved anyway! The crowd was a sea of big, sweaty dudes, and we didn't mosh so much as all kinda fall into each other constantly. Then back to the car to polish off the 24 pack and back home. Man, there's nothing quite like the concerts you go to with your friends as a teenager!

2 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Very much like my reaction when I first heard Pantera back when I was 7 years old. I think it was the suffocating heaviness of the band in general that just pulled me in and started to change my perception of what heavy actually is. It's because of my love for Pantera why I've come across so many lesser known bands that also, hit with such a thick sound. Bands like: Electric Wizzard, The Sword, Acid Bath, Kyus. While we're now getting into sub genres of sorts here, such as stoner/doom metal, there's just something about that crunchy sounding guitar that I fell in love with - because of Pantera, all those years ago - I think that's always kept me searching for more. Hell, you will laugh at me now, but I hold Pantera responsible for my love of bands like Weezer and Queens of the Stone Age. Again, it's that thicker sounding guitar that has always pulled me in.

Then again, as a child I was exposed to Black Sabbath before Pantera. That was when I fell in love with music. We can see a pattern here with the heavy guitar, now that I'm typing it out ?

Well Sabbath is king, we all know that!

Shit, I ain't laughin at all! I also liked that Weezer had that extra fuzz to them, and I fuckin love Queens, they're such a solid rock band. Acid Bath! God damn, you don't hear that name every day! They were sludgy for sure but were pretty dynamic - they had some downright AIC moments if you ask me!

As Phil said on Offical Live, "I love it man, I swear to god."

24 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

In all seriousness though... If you didn't guess or read it yet, I lived in Helsinki (Finland) for four years (my account's flag gives it away!). And without exception, the three best days each year were the ones where the Tuska festival would be held in downtown Helsinki. I lived literally a 10 minute walk away from where the festival was held. Three days of nothing but beer, burgers and metal. Some of the craziest bands, always huge names in the lineup as well, and the best atmosphere among any metal festival or gig I've been to. 

You could walk to that?? Dear lord. That sounds like the damn life!

You've seen Apocalyptica?? I remember hearing then for the first time and being absolutely floored. Such a great concept, and because of them I always have an eye out for "String Quartet Versions of ________" albums. Seeing them live must've been a treat and a half!

• Like 3

I've seen you popping online and booting up Trials @KindaSabbath! ? If you continue putting in the time, you'll be able to surmount any obstacle. Way of the Machine looks absolutely brutal, but you're pushing!
Whenever I barely scrape by a challenge in a game that requires me to do it again flawlessly (eg S-Ranks in Sonic games or Furi), I like to think to myself that if I can manage to get something done with errors, then theoretically I could get it done without errors! It's just a matter of time.
I see you've got just 2 DLC trophy packs with 10 trophies to go, you're nearly there!

• Like 1

On 08/09/2021 at 1:06 PM, YaManSmevz said:

I actually do have the good fortune of having seen Pantera! Summer of '01

This sums up my reaction to that way better than words could!!

There was a time when I would have sold my body on the streets to see Pantera live.... Although I got into them well after Dimebag had passed, so I was hankering for something that could never realistically happen anyway. Well I don't know about selling myself strictly - who wants to pay for an at the time skinny, whiter than a freshly opened can of paint guy with long hair. But vague metaphor aside!! That's awesome man.... Nice to hear that was as fantastic an experience as I expected it to be.

18 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I think - I'd definitely be walking there..... Not so sure about walking back, at least not in a straight line that's for sure. That sounds like a hell of a good time. Did you ever see Poets of the Fall or Nightwish play? Finland produce some outstandingly good metal and heavy rock, they really do. Seems to come so naturally to those guys.

I love the new thread title by the way Sabbath! I still can't, not read it in that high pitched voice, but that just makes it funnier for me I think. That way of the machine video was insane by the way - that's such a well designed course, but incredibly intimidating at the same time.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Whenever I barely scrape by a challenge in a game that requires me to do it again flawlessly (eg S-Ranks in Sonic games or Furi), I like to think to myself that if I can manage to get something done with errors, then theoretically I could get it done without errors! It's just a matter of time.
I see you've got just 2 DLC trophy packs with 10 trophies to go, you're nearly there!

Yeah, I agree. That is - in my opinion - the biggest draw with these type of games. Starting out it feels impossible. You make incremental improvements, your mindset shifts and you to start to believe you can do it. Then you start getting close, it's now only a matter of time. Usually for me, I then regress and start fucking up left right and center; but that's when I know I'm about to do it, as it's usually followed up by the killer run!

5 DLC's down, 2 to go! Arguably - the DLC I have left to complete is where the majority of the difficulty within this game lies. Let's get it!

17 hours ago, MD_91 said:

Good to see you've changed the title because underwhelming and your trials progress don't go together 1f606.png

Why, thank you! Appreciate the compliment and awesome of you to stop by! I really like the new title so I'm glad it's gone down well. I knew @rjkclarke would get a good chuckle out of it!

2 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

That way of the machine video was insane by the way - that's such a well designed course, but incredibly intimidating at the same time.

The track design in Fusion is impeccable ? - Way of the Machine is the perfect balance of brutal difficulty but so well designed it's absolutely there to be mastered. There are some extremely tricky sections. It's my second favourite track in the game, so far. Inferno IV remains top for now.

"There was a time when I would have sold my body on the streets to see Pantera live...."

Given the fact this is no longer even possible, I think I have no shame in saying - I totally fucking would. Would of, would still. ?

Let me show you how highly regarded Pantera is in my house:

Baby's first Christmas

She has a Motorhead dummy too, btw.

17 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Oh man, one of the best shows I've been to! They had these huge furnace type deals shooting out giant walls of flame, which after a while I remember being incredibly hot - I had to give props to the peeps at the front-front. Not that they could've moved anyway! The crowd was a sea of big, sweaty dudes, and we didn't mosh so much as all kinda fall into each other constantly. Then back to the car to polish off the 24 pack and back home. Man, there's nothing quite like the concerts you go to with your friends as a teenager!

Nothing, and I mean nothing. Beats being in the thick of the mayem at a metal gig. Sounds like they were as awesome as I always thought they would be! 

Well Sabbath is king, we all know that!

A wise man once said (16 hours ago at the time of writing) "Well Sabbath is king, we all know that" - beautiful. Just fucking beautiful.

Shit, I ain't laughin at all! I also liked that Weezer had that extra fuzz to them, and I fuckin love Queens, they're such a solid rock band. Acid Bath! God damn, you don't hear that name every day! They were sludgy for sure but were pretty dynamic - they had some downright AIC moments if you ask me!

Amongst my irl friends, Weezer have always been heavily criticised for the vocals. I LOVE the "we don't really give a fuck, we just love making music" style vocals of Rivers Cuomo. 

Everyone I know loves abit of Queens. Like you say, solid through and through.

Yeah Acid Bath don't come up often. I dig em' though. Continuing with bands that have Acid in their name. You should check out: Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats. If you do, let me know what you think!

Have you listened to any Electric Wizzard before? Now, I'm biased here - they're heavily inspired by the mighty Sabbath. Their very name is a combination of two Sabbath songs; The Wizzard and Electric Funeral. The latter being my favourite Sabbath song, I might add! I'll leave this here for you and anyone else who's interested:

Ok so an entire checklist dedicated to Trials and Metal. 

Yeah... Make some space, kids! This is where I'm hanging out now! 

Well - it's certainly not been Mayo and Miley Cyrus, so far ?

Glad you enjoy hanging out in here! 

No Motörhead or Pantera, but I remember some incredible performances by Gojira, Mastodon, Meshuggah or, one of my favorites, Apocalyptica playing Metallica on four Cellos... 

Wow Arc, that sounds incredible. Literally a 10 minute walk for you at the time!! The closest thing we have here in the UK - which is pretty fucking epic in all fairness - is Download Festival. But its a good 4hr drive from where I live. Still, it's an annual thing for me and the lads, when it's on. You're 100% right though, we usually go from the Friday morning and head home on the Sunday evening. 3 days of beers, burgers and metal. Best 3 days of the year, no competition.

I love abit of Gojira! Mastodon I've seen quite a few times, always a pleasure! Have you heard their cover for Stairway to Heaven - that floored me, as its a far cry from what I expected it to be. Its beautifully done.

Now Apocalyptica. Shit, that's a name I don't hear many bring up. The first time I heard any of their music was this:

I'll say this - and I don't say this lightly - this is without a doubt in my mind, hands down, the best version of Nothing Else Matters. From a huge Metallica fan, I don't think I can pay them a bigger compliment.

I would be interested to hear what you think of there recent album? After reading your comment late last night, then losing track of time playing Fusion, I didn't have time to reply. I woke this morning with the need to listen to Cell-O again. I played it to and fro the gym this morning and throughout my leg session. My favourite tracks are:

-Rise

-Catharsis 

-Scream For The Silent

Honorable mentions for the menacing melody that rings throughout Beyond The Stars and the frantic Thrash Metal-esque pacing of En Route To Mayem. Fantastic album. I much prefer the focus being back on the instruments and I really do appreciate the lack of vocals with this one, for sure!

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Yeah, I agree. That is - in my opinion - the biggest draw with these type of games. Starting out it feels impossible. You make incremental improvements, your mindset shifts and you to start to believe you can do it. Then you start getting close, it's now only a matter of time. Usually for me, I then regress and start fucking up left right and center; but that's when I know I'm about to do it, as it's usually followed up by the killer run!

Well observed! There's something special about that point you hit where, as you say, it's only a matter of time. There's a sensor that goes off in your head and the adrenaline kicks in and you know all you've gotta do is just bear down and do the damn thing. For me that's the best part!

Baby's first Christmas

She has a Motorhead dummy too, btw.

That's what's up??

A wise man once said (16 hours ago at the time of writing) "Well Sabbath is king, we all know that" - beautiful. Just fucking beautiful.

Amongst my irl friends, Weezer have always been heavily criticised for the vocals. I LOVE the "we don't really give a fuck, we just love making music" style vocals of Rivers Cuomo. 

Everyone I know loves abit of Queens. Like you say, solid through and through.

Yeah Acid Bath don't come up often. I dig em' though. Continuing with bands that have Acid in their name. You should check out: Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats. If you do, let me know what you think!

Have you listened to any Electric Wizzard before? Now, I'm biased here - they're heavily inspired by the mighty Sabbath. Their very name is a combination of two Sabbath songs; The Wizzard and Electric Funeral. The latter being my favourite Sabbath song, I might add! I'll leave this here for you and anyone else who's interested:

Haha thank you! In high school a few of my friends and I, whenever we mentioned the possibility of anything bad happening to either Lemmy or Ozzy, we would immediately interrupt ourselves by jokingly saying "God forbid" and make the signs of the cross on ourselves. Ah, high school boys are silly. Then again, so are 30-something men. I don't think we ever actually get rid of it?

I still remember when I heard Weezer's first album, it really impressed the hell out of me. Same goes for Queens, though I must admit I wasn't aware of them (and by extention Kyuss) until "No One Knows" was dominating the rock airwaves.

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats... I like them already! I've heard a bit of Electric Wizard here and there, same with the Sword, but I didn't follow up too much. A shame, because the song you shared is great! A bit of bluesiness always makes a song better?

Wow Arc, that sounds incredible. Literally a 10 minute walk for you at the time!! The closest thing we have here in the UK - which is pretty fucking epic in all fairness - is Download Festival. But its a good 4hr drive from where I live. Still, it's an annual thing for me and the lads, when it's on. You're 100% right though, we usually go from the Friday morning and head home on the Sunday evening. 3 days of beers, burgers and metal. Best 3 days of the year, no competition.

I love abit of Gojira! Mastodon I've seen quite a few times, always a pleasure! Have you heard their cover for Stairway to Heaven - that floored me, as its a far cry from what I expected it to be. Its beautifully done.

Man, y'all got the best festivals out there.. of course, you guys already know that!

I've seen Mastodon twice, once with Deftones and once with the Dillinger Escape Plan (now THAT was a show!!), they're pretty damn good too. I remember when they busted out "March of the Fire Ants," which was the first song of theirs I heard, I may have lost my shit a bit... can't really remember. Oh well, who can say?

Edited by YaManSmevz
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2021 at 8:44 PM, YaManSmevz said:

You've seen Apocalyptica?? I remember hearing then for the first time and being absolutely floored. Such a great concept, and because of them I always have an eye out for "String Quartet Versions of ________" albums. Seeing them live must've been a treat and a half!

Haha yeah they can do that to you :D The show was super awesome, too. In the original recording, and many of their live performances, they play Metallica on the four Cellos alone. For this gig, they had a drummer as well, and it really gave everything even more energy! 

20 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I think - I'd definitely be walking there..... Not so sure about walking back, at least not in a straight line that's for sure. That sounds like a hell of a good time. Did you ever see Poets of the Fall or Nightwish play? Finland produce some outstandingly good metal and heavy rock, they really do. Seems to come so naturally to those guys.

Yeah that... is indeed an issue ? 

They do produce incredible metal bands... Not only the big names, either. I have been to so many smaller, underground gigs that absolutely blew me away. But has to be said, it is also very easy to find affordable practice lessons, and most academies also offer cheap practice space for people to play together, so forming a band is really easy. 

And I did see Nightwish! Though not in Finland.. I saw them in Zürich (Switzerland) in 2018. I still can't get over how incredibly well Floor fits into the band... Won't be quite the same without Marko though! 

18 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Baby's first Christmas

Love that ? Hell yeah! 

I'll say this - and I don't say this lightly - this is without a doubt in my mind, hands down, the best version of Nothing Else Matters. From a huge Metallica fan, I don't think I can pay them a bigger compliment.

Oh absolutely. I love Metallica, but the entire Album by Apocalyptica is a wonderful homage, and many pieces are even "better" or gain quality by being played on the Cellos. The arranements are superb, that's for sure! 

I will be honest with you here.. I haven't had the chance to listen to their new album yet! I will, and will get back to you on that ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Haha thank you! In high school a few of my friends and I, whenever we mentioned the possibility of anything bad happening to either Lemmy or Ozzy, we would immediately interrupt ourselves by jokingly saying "God forbid" and make the signs of the cross on ourselves. Ah, high school boys are silly. Then again, so are 30-something men. I don't think we ever actually get rid of it1f602.png

Bro, me and my friends still act like a bunch of 15 year olds when we're out on the sauce. I don't think you ever actually grow up. You just end up having more grown up shit to do - the older you get! 

I still remember when I heard Weezer's first album, it really impressed the hell out of me. Same goes for Queens, though I must admit I wasn't aware of them (and by extention Kyuss) until "No One Knows" was dominating the rock airwaves.

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats... I like them already! I've heard a bit of Electric Wizard here and there, same with the Sword, but I didn't follow up too much. A shame, because the song you shared is great! A bit of bluesiness always makes a song better1f60e.png

I don't remember which was Weezer's first album off the top of my head. Their blue album is by faaaar my personal favourite!

Electric Wizard - for me - it's all about the guitar. So fucking heavy. The song Return Trip is probably the heaviest guitar I've ever heard and I love it. The Sword's album Age of Winters is worth another listen, if you haven't already. To me they're like Electric Wizard with cleaner/better vocals. When you mention bluesiness, I immediately think of Orange Goblin and Clutch. I have tickets to see the former in December, exciting!

I will be honest with you here.. I haven't had the chance to listen to their new album yet! I will, and will get back to you on that 1f601.png

OK dude, well whenever you do get around to it. If you post about it, tag me in blue as I'd love to hear what you think of it! ???

Well observed! There's something special about that point you hit where, as you say, it's only a matter of time. There's a sensor that goes off in your head and the adrenaline kicks in and you know all you've gotta do is just bear down and do the damn thing. For me that's the best part!

I'm gonna need that sensor and the adrenaline that follows today! Next up is the infamous Anger Management trophy!

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Next up is the infamous Anger Management trophy!

Well, I am definitely curious to see what it will be like for you :D

On a slightly related / unrelated note, today I pulled the trigger on PS5. Why is that important in this thread? Well, for the past month or so I have been vastly dissatisfied with how my Dualshock 4 works in Trials games - I even have a feeling that something may be up with my bluetooth connection (it seems that when I change it to usb, it's better, but the triggers / stick are very finicky). Additionally, I have Trials Fusion on my laptop, where I am either using the Dualsense controller or the new XBOX controller and both are infinitely superior to how my DS4 feels on PS4. The strangest thing is that up until our vacation at the beginning of August everything was fine, it was only after we came back that I noticed I could no longer play more challenging stuff on PS4. So, I am really looking forward to firing up Trials Fusion and Rising on PS5 next week and checking out how they work - I hope I won't be disappointed :D 

And one last thing, I have largely abandoned my original profile for gaming here, as I really want a fresh start to have more motivation - when I started my profile, I didn't even know what trophies were and now I would like to have a profile which actually makes sense to me - so - back on topic - I am replaying the Trials games on my new profile ? At this point I have all difficult challenges done in base game Fusion (just not the afterburner ?), and all the difficult (?) things in Rising (just not the tandem ?). I guess it's obvious that I want these two on my new profile :D 

• Like 1

@det_gittes add me on your new profile! Let me know if you need a hand with the tandem trophy. 

Regarding the PS5 - nice one dude! I love mine to death. I've heard PS5 games are good, haven't played one yet though lol.

Do you have any goals for your new profile outside of completing Triials? What sorta games are you gunning for? Also, are you going to start up your own checklist? That is something I wanna see.

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

@det_gittes add me on your new profile! Let me know if you need a hand with the tandem trophy. 

Regarding the PS5 - nice one dude! I love mine to death. I've heard PS5 games are good, haven't played one yet though lol.

Do you have any goals for your new profile outside of completing Triials? What sorta games are you gunning for? Also, are you going to start up your own checklist? That is something I wanna see.

Thanks for the offer of help with the tandem trophy, I will happily take you up on that. I even tried it for a few minutes myself with the second controller, but nah, I gave up almost immediately, it was too painful (I know you did it yourself ?).

As for goals, I don't have too many, so far I have four games on my account, Trials Fusion and Trials Rising, Slay the Spire was another must as I love this game and Lonely Downhills because I've been eyeing up this game for a long time and I want to play it soon (and the first trophy I popped on the profile actually comes from this game as I liked what it said "It's all downhill from here" - it has an even deeper meaning for me as I'm turning 40 later this year ?). As a general rule I want to play slightly more challenging games (but definitely nothing crazy difficult), but we will see how it goes. Oh, definitely XCOM 2 (got the base game from PS+ and just bought the DLCs from the last sale)! Maybe Red Dead Redemption 2 if it gets patched for PS5? We'll see, but at least things have gotten a bit more exciting again when it comes to trophies ?

PS Well, at some point I will have to go through my library of purchased games - over the years I have accumulated hundreds of them that I never bothered to look at ? and I am sure there are some gems there that I have completely forgotten about. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Bro, me and my friends still act like a bunch of 15 year olds when we're out on the sauce. I don't think you ever actually grow up. You just end up having more grown up shit to do - the older you get! 

I cannot argue with this at all!

I don't remember which was Weezer's first album off the top of my head. Their blue album is by faaaar my personal favourite!

Electric Wizard - for me - it's all about the guitar. So fucking heavy. The song Return Trip is probably the heaviest guitar I've ever heard and I love it. The Sword's album Age of Winters is worth another listen, if you haven't already. To me they're like Electric Wizard with cleaner/better vocals. When you mention bluesiness, I immediately think of Orange Goblin and Clutch. I have tickets to see the former in December, exciting!

The blue one is their first album - and it's easily my favorite as well!

Dude there's something about crushing guitars that is so satisfying. That's what I've always loved about stoner/sludge metal, the whole point is to just chug you to death! Clutch was dope! I'm not familiar with Orange Goblin, but based on what I know of your taste I've no doubt they're solid as fuck and will put on a beast show!

I'm gonna need that sensor and the adrenaline that follows today! Next up is the infamous Anger Management trophy!

You got this bro?

On 13.08.2021 at 8:22 PM, KindaSabbath said:

L258f3b.png

:platinum: Platinum #7 :platinum: - Trials Rising!!!

Has you lost your mind?
Can you see or are you blind?
Can you walk at all
Or if you moves will you fall?

jk, good job on new platinum, good luck on your next one

seeing little baby in pantera onesie bring smile on my face and probably would bring one on dimebag face

Edited by Baranov_925
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Hell yeah! 

33L7ba4ef.png

Anger Management
Reach the 5th Circle in the 'Circles of Hell' skill game - 1.32 Ultra Rare :bronze:

First off. Congratulations, you are absolutely slaying this game!!

13 hours ago, Arcesius said:

And I did see Nightwish! Though not in Finland.. I saw them in Zürich (Switzerland) in 2018. I still can't get over how incredibly well Floor fits into the band... Won't be quite the same without Marko though! 

That's awesome - I'd love to see them live, I've just not quite made it happen yet, Reading that was news to me that Marko had actually left, that's an awful shame. That's such a huge loss to their entire sound - I think he's got quite an underrated voice, which contrasts really nicely with whoever they have on vocals.

I sort of fell out of love with Nightwish for a bit - I was one of those people that got really bummed out that Tarja wouldn't be there going forward. Until I heard Floor, that is - and she's excellent as you said, she just fits in so well.

On 09/09/2021 at 1:20 PM, KindaSabbath said:

The track design in Fusion is impeccable 1f44c.png - Way of the Machine is the perfect balance of brutal difficulty but so well designed it's absolutely there to be mastered. There are some extremely tricky sections. It's my second favourite track in the game, so far. Inferno IV remains top for now.

"There was a time when I would have sold my body on the streets to see Pantera live...."

Given the fact this is no longer even possible, I think I have no shame in saying - I totally fucking would. Would of, would still. 1f602.png

I'm a bit late in responding to this bit - but that first paragraph is exactly what I meant about conversational and anecdotal writing. That's what I mean about you being able to get your passion across in a universal way. You don't give yourself enough credit man!! I'm a huge hypocrite for saying that probably, but I'm sure you know what I mean

I'd probably still sell myself to see Pantera live too ?- perhaps I can find a use for the hot pants I accidentally made for myself. Okay - so now I've actually mentioned the hot pants thing I think I ought to give context to it, or I'd seem a bit mental!! So I needed a pair of shorts to do gardening in and I had a pair of jeans that had a huge hole in them (not the fashionable kind either) - my bright idea was to just cut them in half basically and make some jean shorts out of them . Imagine my shock when I accidentally cut them too short and basically made myself a pair of Daisy Dukes :facepalm: - Oh well, it was worth a try I suppose.

9 hours ago, det_gittes said:

We'll see, but at least things have gotten a bit more exciting again when it comes to trophies

I don't suppose you fancy playing Pool Nation with me on your new account? Or is that a game you'd rather just not bother with, I can understand why as well - that online is not exactly appealing. Could certainly make your excitement evaporate pretty quickly, so I wouldn't want that. 

I know we both spoke about doing it last year, but we never actually did. So I thought I'd ask just in case it was something you were still interested in doing at some point down the line.

• Like 2

Pfff. Amateur. You couldn’t even beat my distance. ?

GG man. That’s really quick! I’ve spend close to 20 hours on that annoying skill game. I was so bored by it at one point I just started doing front flips everywhere to keep myself focused. Maybe you seen it if you watched my replay.

Close to 100%. Keep going. ??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

God damn you just have some good fuckin' taste with music. Orange Goblin have a banger of a song called: A Beginner's Guide to Suicide - I think. There's a good chance you'll like it! I have no doubt that they'll put on a beast show... I seriously can't wait! ?

Hell yeah! 

33L7ba4ef.png

Anger Management
Reach the 5th Circle in the 'Circles of Hell' skill game - 1.32 Ultra Rare :bronze:

Damn, you're unstoppable, but it's not even surprising at this point :D And I will definitely get back to you soon about the tandem thing ;)

9 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I don't suppose you fancy playing Pool Nation with me on your new account? Or is that a game you'd rather just not bother with, I can understand why as well - that online is not exactly appealing. Could certainly make your excitement evaporate pretty quickly, so I wouldn't want that. 

I know we both spoke about doing it last year, but we never actually did. So I thought I'd ask just in case it was something you were still interested in doing at some point down the line.

Hey, yeah, let me revisit the game once I get the new console - I remember that for whatever reason Pool Nation made the fan in my PS4 Pro go crazy so in the end I wasn't too keen on playing it. If it plays nicely, then it's a possibility, even though it's much inferior to Pure Pool (big kudos for that massive platinum trophy, most people won't realize how difficult it is, and the maximum break is insase!). Worst scenario, I can help you out on my original account, though I completely forgot how much time was needed for the league boosting. Btw, I am a big fan of both snooker and pool and am very curious to see what will happen when these two worlds collide - after all, Judd Trump has entered the US Open, which starts in two days ?

• Like 1

On 08/09/2021 at 9:32 AM, KindaSabbath said:

Thanks buddy! Yeah it felt pretty sweet to get that one done. Pace wise - I could've probably got alot of this done much faster, but I decided that I'm in no rush and I'm spending some extra time going for medals and feats that have no Trophies tied to them. I just love the game.

I'm sure it did & yeah I'm not surprised you could have got through it quicker. It looks like you are at a level where your natural skill is above what is needed whilst you go for other things which aren't even required. It shows how good the game is when you just play it how you want & that's why it's so well received by a lot of people.

14 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Hell yeah! 

33L7ba4ef.png

Anger Management

So that wraps up the Fire in the Deep DLC. One more DLC to go - Awesome Level MAX. I decided to leave this one until last as I think it will be the toughest - Basing this off watching the replays for some of the speedruns by @Arcesius @det_gittes @Baker

This next one has definitely put the shits up me a little bit. It looks so fucking sweaty. 

Nice going again! I saw this pop up yesterday so that's yet another one done. I think from what I've heard that even though the next part is one of the hardest parts of the game, it probably will be quite fun to go for considering you enjoy going beyond what's needed. It's also quite fitting that you left it last as something that will give you a rush will always be the best way to finish a game. I also have really enjoyed reading this thread the last few days. The way you guys are sharing your experiences with each other is a great thing to read especially when it comes to music lol. This thread just gets better & better whether it's games, music or just great experiences.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1