Sabbath - Kinda Bloody Sabbath!

KindaSabbath

29 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Well, I do like me a big old mountain! I have Furi coming up relatively soon and I can't wait to play it! Is it one you'll be doing a write up for? Something to look forward to!

I plan to write a review of every game I've played, so it'll be quite a while until I get to Furi, but yes! ?
Since it's a game I've finished, I'd be glad to give some in-depth advice and encouragement when you start it! If you're stuck on any boss, I'll do my best to help you through it. It's quite a tricky one indeed, but I believe anyone can plat it with enough perseverance. It's an awesome game with a killer soundtrack, you'll love it.

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 2

Been lurking in here for a bit, but I thought I should formally say hello.

Those Trials videos you've been posting have been something else - I've never quite gotten around to playing one of those games. Awesome though, I'd worry I'd get way too addicted to a game like that, it looks like the "just one more run" seems just that little bit more appealing in a game like that. I really liked the look of them back when all I had was an Xbox 360, but then I never picked one up. Those Invisible Bike sections seem terrifying, and funny at the same time, I think I'd lose too many runs to the rider looking like he's on an invisible unicycle and laughing - because, well I'm clearly an idiot. ?

Also - and this is completely unrelated to anything other than me being an idiot I guess. But whenever I see your username, in my head it reminds me of when I was  on the way to see Black Sabbath live a couple of years ago - and my friend Jack kept singing "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" - not the song either, just those words in a higher and higher pitch the closer we got. So now every time I see your username I think "Kinda, Kinda Sabbath" in a high pitched voice. Silly I know.

Anyway - looking forward to keeping up with your trials progress. Looks like you're doing great so far!

• Like 3

Only just stumbled upon this thread and I noticed you’re playing Trials. As a guy who has got the 100% on Fusion and Rising I am looking forward to watching somebody suffer as I did lol. I wish you the absolute best of luck because it will make any person rage no matter how good you are. Looking forward to seeing your progress ?

• Like 3

Holy moly dude! That'll probably be your rarest trophy for a LOOOOONG time! ? Maybe even your definitive rarest? Incredible work mate, if you've got what it takes to make it this far, then the 100% is practically yours at this point. Keep it up, don't give up, and don't let up!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

16L0d9a35.png

Is There Anything You Can't Do?
Completed every Track Challenge in the first 8 Events - :silver: 0.13%

Crossing this one off the list felt pretty good! Proud to add this to my small collection of Trophies. Definitely my most rare and arguably one of the most difficult ones to date!

So I'll be tackling the DLC next. I'm both very excited and pretty fucking nervous! There's some ways to go yet before getting that sweeeeeeet 100%

Good shit! Maybe there is a bit more for you to take care of, but what you've handled thus far seems absolutely monstrous! You a bad man, that DLC ain't got nuffin?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Hey man! Thanks for saying hello! The Trials series are now absolutely cemented as one of my favourites, ever. Your checklist is pretty awesome my dude, I've been lurking in yours too. Your very in depth write ups are on point! I'm just going to throw it out there - you have the coolest checklist name on this site! 

The part about my username made me chuckle. If you like Black Sabbath, you are a man of exceptional taste and I'm happy that my username reminds you of seeing one of the greatest bands of all time!

Also, the invisible bike was fucking hilarious ?... I hoped a few people who maybe haven't played the game would get a good laugh out of that one!

Thank you!! That's awesome to hear. Nice to see Trials has become one of your favourite series. If I ever start to really cut a big hole in my backlog I'd love to pick one of those up and have a go, at some point. They're very enjoyable to watch that's for sure, so playing them would obviously take that to a whole other level.

I do like Black Sabbath yeah - I think that day I talked about had a hell of a line up, Sabbath were the headliners, but they had a great group of support artists too, plenty of them worthy headliners themselves. Got to see Soundgarden, Faith No More and Motorhead that day as well.

Also saw one of the drunkest people I've ever seen. This really huge fat man carrying a tray of chips get really excited when Ozzy  announced they were about to do I think  Children of the Grave - and he literally toppled over sideways, I'll never forget how funny that was.

Are the invisible bike sections a requirement? Or just an extra thing you could do. The fact they are hilarious would be a huge stumbling block, I'm too easily distracted - well, that and the huge amount of skill required haha ?

5 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

I suppose my checklist has pretty much been all Trials, all the time! I imagine it's not very exciting for those who are not interested in the game.

I wouldn't worry about this - It's been great to read so far. I get where you're coming from though, my own checklist has been pretty much Final Fantasy IX focused for what seems like the longest time at this point.

Congratulations on that beastly trophy as well by the way. Looking forward to hearing about you hoofing the DLC straight in the nuts soon hopefully.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Hey man! Thanks for saying hello! The Trials series are now absolutely cemented as one of my favourites, ever. Your checklist is pretty awesome my dude, I've been lurking in yours too. Your very in depth write ups are on point! I'm just going to throw it out there - you have the coolest checklist name on this site! 

The part about my username made me chuckle. If you like Black Sabbath, you are a man of exceptional taste and I'm happy that my username reminds you of seeing one of the greatest bands of all time!

Also, the invisible bike was fucking hilarious ?... I hoped a few people who maybe haven't played the game would get a good laugh out of that one!

Congrats on the completions for both Trials games! I haven't had any rage inducing moments just yet, there is still plenty of time though ?

I suppose my checklist has pretty much been all Trials, all the time! I imagine it's not very exciting for those who are not interested in the game. Honestly, I will get around to playing other games, at some point...

That being said, time for another Trials related update! ??

16L0d9a35.png

Crossing this one off the list felt pretty good! Proud to add this to my small collection of Trophies. Definitely my most rare and arguably one of the most difficult ones to date!

So I'll be tackling the DLC next. I'm both very excited and pretty fucking nervous! There's some ways to go yet before getting that sweeeeeeet 100%

Fucking beast dude, This is your 1st stop on the way to legend Status.

I unfortunately missed my chance to swing Fusion+all dlc for 10 bucks yesterday.

I had the money intending buy it but alas I was to late.

Gotta keep a eye out for it so I can be a trials beast one day too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KindaSabbath said:

I'm going to go through all DLC packs in order but leave Speedcuber, Anger Management and the developer times as the very last things to go for the completion, in that order. Do you think that's a solid plan?

Honestly, it's most likely whatever suits your preferred style of playing but in the end it doesn't matter. However, if you lacked the challenge in the base game (having done the challenging things first), then maybe here leave the potentially more difficult trophies for last to have a bit of adrenaline rush once you get them done and see the 100% mark :D Just an idea, but really you'll be fine no matter what (I only say that because I've seen what you've done so far). It seems that some people have a natural knack for such games (and others have to  play a shit ton to get decent - that's me :P).

My times in the DLC tracks are generally weaker, not to mention the atrocious Way of the Machine, which I will have to improve on eventually ;) But I do have a few good runs, too.

And by the way, as a nice challenge on the side (no tropies attached to it), go for a Roach run on the Way of the Machine and Meteorain (not first thing, but later on) - both runs will be quite hard but definitely satisfying.

Oh yeah, and keep having fun!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Honestly, it's most likely whatever suits your preferred style of playing but in the end it doesn't matter. However, if you lacked the challenge in the base game (having done the challenging things first), then maybe here leave the potentially more difficult trophies for last to have a bit of adrenaline rush once you get them done and see the 100% mark :D Just an idea, but really you'll be fine no matter what (I only say that because I've seen what you've done so far). It seems that some people have a natural knack for such games (and others have to  play a shit ton to get decent - that's me :P).

My times in the DLC tracks are generally weaker, not to mention the atrocious Way of the Machine, which I will have to improve on eventually ;) But I do have a few good runs, too.

And by the way, as a nice challenge on the side (no tropies attached to it), go for a Roach run on the Way of the Machine and Meteorain (not first thing, but later on) - both runs will be quite hard but definitely satisfying.

Oh yeah, and keep having fun!

Yeah I think that's the best shout buddy, cheers. I usually jump straight into the hard stuff but then leave myself a lot of less exciting things to clean up. Let's mix it up and do it the way it should be done this time ?

Hey man, I don't know how fast you progressed on your journey through this game, but I can tell you this: the skill level you have achieved is fucking incredible. I've watched many of your replays. You are one sweaty, sweaty mofo. Its awesome!

Do you know what - as much as I cursed that bloody Roach all the way through my Top Roach runs. I love that bike now. Anytime I've had to get it out for a challenge or use it on a track that it's better suited to, I've been pumped to play with it!

Also, I wanted to make a point which I'd be interested to hear others opinion on: The Helium in Rising is definitely OP, no doubt about it. But, I think its highlighted by the fact the Mantis is shit. The Pit Viper is so good in comparison. I feel as though anything I could do on the Helium - I could do it on the Viper. Mantis not so much. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Also, I wanted to make a point which I'd be interested to hear others opinion on: The Helium in Rising is definitely OP, no doubt about it. But, I think its highlighted by the fact the Mantis is shit. The Pit Viper is so good in comparison. I feel as though anything I could do on the Helium - I could do it on the Viper. Mantis not so much. 

Well, I'm not sure, I think the Helium is still more versatile than the Pit Viper, but I wouldn't know how they'd be comparable in terms of possible results. The Helium definitely makes fapping easier :D and it can scale vertical obstacles, but that is not really needed for the main game. I have a feeling that very technical tracks, such as Inferno IV or other extremes, would still benefit from the Helium, but the gap between it and the Pit Viper is definitely not as wide as is the case with the shitty Mantis :D Hell, it really says something if the top leaderboard spots for all extreme / lower ninja tracks in Rising are taken by the Helium.

I remember that back in '19 community members would sign petitions and send them to Redlynx to either nerf the Mantis or bring back the Pit Viper as an unlockable bike - alas, to no avail :D Of interest may be the video made by Blix, a very enjoyable (mostly retired now) streamer and community member, which (the video) shows the level of frustration within the community just a few months after the release. Unfortunately, Redlynx never paid proper attention to the relatively small community of dedicated players and mostly catered to the general population of players (which may be understandable, yet is still disappointing). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

However, with the power of coffee and listening to Machine Head through Spotify, I'm gunning for this.

My man? I haven't listened to them in a minute, I could stand to have a reunion of sorts!

7 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Brother, I am completely addicted to Trials. Sometimes I'll get frustrated trying to do whatever I'm doing and I'll think "fuck this, I'm going to bed"... Next day I'm like a child excited to play it again whilst thinking about it all day at work!

Dude I love this feeling. Always takes me back to being a kid in school, squirming in my seat because all I can think of is getting back home to play Legend of Zelda. It's so great how there are still childlike joys that stay with you even deep into adulthood, when frankly you need them the most!

21 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I do like Black Sabbath yeah - I think that day I talked about had a hell of a line up, Sabbath were the headliners, but they had a great group of support artists too, plenty of them worthy headliners themselves. Got to see Soundgarden, Faith No More and Motorhead that day as well.

Also saw one of the drunkest people I've ever seen. This really huge fat man carrying a tray of chips get really excited when Ozzy  announced they were about to do I think  Children of the Grave - and he literally toppled over sideways, I'll never forget how funny that was.

That stuff will never not be funny? also I am green with envy, particularly for Motorhead. One of those bands I had a few chances to see but something came up. Eternally saddened that I'll never hear in person "WE AH MO'AH'ED, WE PLAY ROOK'N'ROWL!!"

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

They're super addictive to play. Simple controls but can be taken to extreme levels of depth when mastered. I think the most satisfying thing about these games is seeing how you progress and constantly improving the more you play. Deffo gets a huge recommendation from me, to anyone who thinks they look like fun. Go for it!

That is a great feeling I agree - you end up with a much larger sense of achievement with those types of games I feel. It's nice to know that you get that feeling from the Trials series, so that's definitely an extra incentive to pick them up at some point in the future. Once I don't quite have a backlog the size of The Isle of Wight at least, and plenty of time to dedicate to learning them.

11 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Motorhead, another of my favourite bands. Soundgarden are also awesome. I am immature, so people falling over is just hilarious to me. I've been to so many gigs/festivals, seen so many bands and there's always someone who either stacks it or gets completely taken out. Priceless.

Well - glad I'm not the only one that finds that sort of thing funny then. As you say, you'll find plenty of people like that at gigs and festivals. One of my friends managed to fall asleep standing up at one I seem to remember, which to this day I've never seen anything like that before, but to be fair I think he'd just come off of a night shift before we went so I suspect he'd been awake for upwards of 36 hours by that point.

It's easier than you think to tip over sideways like that. So as funny as it was to laugh at the tubby bloke tipping over (and it definitely was, thinking about it just now made me smile). I was once so hammered I thought I was walking in a straight line, but then the next thing I know I'd toppled over sideways and smacked my head off of a nice wooden table. Thankfully nobody saw that. At least I don't think they did.

Yeah, the invisible bike on Inferno IV (toughest base game track) - is one of 120 base game challenges that must be completed for the: Is There Anything You Can't Do :silver: - It's not the hardest challenge though, not even close. That goes to Top Roach, which requires you to beat a different extreme track called Rock of Rages, with a lesser capable, big heavy bike that has the worlds biggest fucking engine block. 

That one sounds really tough - especially as in quite a few of the videos you've posted it looks like success is often decided on momentum and speed, so I imagine with a really heavy bike, that'd be quite the struggle.

Thanks man. Yeah, it's made me want to play a Final Fantasy game haha. Infact, most of these checklists have made me want to play many games that I typically wouldn't of even looked into.

That's good to hear. I know exactly what you mean as well. There's been plenty of times when there's been games I'd heard of, but never quite played or really knew what it was - that I've ended up playing as a result of these checklists and having a really great time doing so. That's been one of the most enjoyable things about all of it.

• Like 1

That’s a very good Way of the Machine run! ??

I personally didn’t bother with gold on any DLC track. I was just happy I got through it. I also played the DLC tracks when I was still learning the game, so I couldn’t even get a gold at that time even if I wanted to. ?

Good luck with the remaining stuff. I can’t wait to read about your Anger Management attempts. It seems you’re almost at that point in the game. 

• Like 1

On 04/09/2021 at 3:08 PM, KindaSabbath said:

I suppose my checklist has pretty much been all Trials, all the time! I imagine it's not very exciting for those who are not interested in the game. Honestly, I will get around to playing other games, at some point...

That being said, time for another Trials related update! ??

16L0d9a35.png

I just caught up after a few days of not checking up here & wow nice going man, you getting this trophy already must feel pretty great to have done! I think I saw this pop up on my feed the other day & at first I wasn't surprised until I realised what trophy you literally just popped haha. You are getting through this game at a great pace!

14 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Cheeky little Trials update:

So I know a few of you have been keen for me to play through and give my impression of the track: Way of the Machine. Simply put; it is the hardest track I have ever played, in either of the games. Its borderline sadistic.

Like has been the case for the entirety of my journey through these games - Every. Damn. Time. I think I'm getting somewhat decent. I get humbled. Well that's what Way of the Machine is. Humbling. Also sadistic, very sadistic.

That said - what an awesome track it is. I mean there's just not much chance of fluking your way through this one. You better know what you're doing or you won't finish imo. My first attempt on the track, I timed out. It is what it is. I felt a bit disheartened because the amount of Trials I've played over recent weeks - I thought I was past completely failing a track. But this track is fucking brutal.

Like always, I persevered and eventually managed to string together a half decent run netting myself a gold with 21 faults:

Nice going on this one too! I remember trying this track out once & I don't think I got anywhere at all lol. I was trying to understand how I was meant to do it & it really makes you realise what this game requires if it's going to be finished. Congrats on a great week of Trials!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Do it! The Blackening in particular is one of the greatest albums ever made. Bold statement, I know. Also entirely subjective hahaha.

Yeah it's magical. 32 years of age and I still get mad excited to play video games. My wife thinks I'm a giant man child. I think she's a pretty smart gal ?

Regarding Motorhead, live they were fucking sensational. I'm sad that you never got to experience it first-hand. I mean, can you even get anymore Rock & Roll than Lemmy. He was the life and blood of ROOK'N'ROWL.

Yo I loved their first two albums (ESPECIALLY Burn My Eyes, that's up there with Far Beyond Driven as far as I'm concerned) and that Red album just turned me off. Didn't listen again til I heard Imperium from Ashes, which just knocked me on my ass. And yes, The Blackening was even better than that! Wait, why am I not listening to this right now??

Same with my wife on all counts?

20 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Like always, I persevered and eventually managed to string together a half decent run netting myself a gold with 21 faults:

I would like to get a gold medal atleast, on all the tracks in the game. So even though I managed a bronze with 377 faults on my second try, I was not done there. I'm still miles away from getting platinum on these extreme tracks, but I'm within striking distance and will keep working to improve.

So now, yeah, I'll continue to work through the DLC with the focus being back on trophies tomorrow. I'll just keep chipping away and quietly be shitting myself at the thought of Meteorain the other notorious extreme track from the DLC packs.

Completely unrelated to anything outside of just pure fucking awesomeness. Here's a Metallica song, because why not?

Hope everyone is crushing it this week, whatever you're doing! 

There's something so endearing about your Trials updates. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment but watching these just makes me want to bust out the couple of games I've put aside out of frustration and spend the day just sitting there stubbornly grinding!

And yes. There is always time for Orion.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Impressive run, especially that this could have been even less than 21 if not for a few unnecessary faults ;)  Getting that steep platform first try must have felt dope :D

• Like 1

@KindaSabbath man, I've been gone over a long weekend and couldn't write earlier... Massive congrats on getting both the hardest trophy in the game, and such a clean run on Way of the Machine! You are absolutely right, you cannot simply brute force your way through that track... it is really a map that will ask of you that you show what you have learned :)

To be fair, I don't think you'll have a hard time with Meteorain. The reason I have that map so present is because I attempted it when I was doing the DLCs, without having cleared too many base game challenges or anything... the last three CPs are, similar to Way of the Machine, CPs that require advanced techniques and a certain level of mastery that I didn't necessarily have yet at that point. But clearing that track was my "a-ha!" moment I think. It is when I understood how to properly use throttle control, how to properly do consecutive bunny-hops, etc... It felt pretty great reaching that point :) 

You have demonstrated time and time again that you have attained a high level of skill already, so you should be able to breeze through that track :) 

As for Trials of the Blood Dragon... Yeah, I already installed it ? I'm pretty certain that I will regret it, but I truly want to play all entries of this wonderful franchise. To be honest, if you watch some gameplay, it really looks too gimmicky to be fun. Jet Packs, on-foot sections, ... And only one (actually two, but they are pretty much the same) bike. I don't think it will be a good experience. And it might be the first time I actually play a game I know I probably won't like... But there is something about that game that, despite all the warnings and red flags, still makes me wanna play it... Am I crazy? ?

In any case... again huge congrats on your amazing accomplishments! :) 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

As for Trials of the Blood Dragon... Yeah, I already installed it 1f602.png I'm pretty certain that I will regret it, but I truly want to play all entries of this wonderful franchise.

Haha, whether I should play it or not is one of my biggest gaming dilemmas, however silly that may sound :D 

• Like 2