Hades PS5 Trophy Thoughts

MoreThanAble

3 hours ago, illuminati1556 said:

Any tips for completing Dusas prophecy? I purchased a bunch of items, cleaned the lounge, and nothing. Do I just need to keep talking to her over and over?

Need the 2 cleaning for the lounge, a rag and 11 items for the lounge, 6 nectar and when you are allowed give her ambrosia!

10 minutes ago, illuminati1556 said:

Oh I thought it was 12 upgrades, not 11 lounge items.  Can I buy the cheapest 11, even if that means multiple rugs? Or is it 11 unique?

Including the rag it is total 12 items for the lounge but 1 needs to be a rag! I can’t verify about it if just buying the rags will work but it seems ( which I might be wrong here ) that you need to have 12 different items purchased! 

22 minutes ago, illuminati1556 said:

Oh I thought it was 12 upgrades, not 11 lounge items.  Can I buy the cheapest 11, even if that means multiple rugs? Or is it 11 unique?

Just want to clarify that prophecy won't complete until you'll have a specific conversation with Dusa. That can take some time, cause I bought all that stuff a lot of runs before it finally poped. 

• Like 1

At work, wishing I was home playing Hades!

Finally finished Heat 8 last night with the Shield! The game is so great at helping you keep track of things -- Boons you haven't picked up yet, Keepsakes you need to unlock, relationship/heart status. Really appreciate all the polish that the developers put into this game, and even when I'm doing my 50th run I feel like I'm progressing and unlocking things (THIS IS GREAT). Reunited two characters who were looking for each other -- It's really neat how the story unfolds itself between dungeon playthroughs! I'm definitely gonna be sad when this platinum is over.

Eventually going to have to branch away from my Shield gameplay and try some new weapons :lol:

• Like 1

Just platinumed the game and I’ve gotta say this was one of the best games I’ve played this year. The trophies aren’t really difficult but one or two require numerous playthroughs to get the required dialogue such as Achilles’ trophy. What I did with this was just die in the first dungeon to speed the process up. Also the developers did a fantastic job making Theseus an annoying dickwad.

Edited by Gladiator995
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gladiator995 said:

Just platinumed the game and I’ve gotta say this was one of the best games I’ve played this year. The trophies aren’t really difficult but one or two require numerous playthroughs to get the required dialogue such as Achilles’ trophy. What I did with this was just die in the first dungeon to speed the process up. Also the developers did a fantastic job making Theseus an annoying dickwad.

Have a feeling achilles will be my last one as well.  I am approaching capping out all keepsakes, and have some misc. cleanup like the two keepsake specific ones.  But achilles and patroclus are both at 6 nectar and I can't seem to unlock the next part of the dialogue to get the prophecy.

How many times did you die immediately to exhaust the dialogue?

30 minutes ago, DeclioDukes said:

Have a feeling achilles will be my last one as well.  I am approaching capping out all keepsakes, and have some misc. cleanup like the two keepsake specific ones.  But achilles and patroclus are both at 6 nectar and I can't seem to unlock the next part of the dialogue to get the prophecy.

How many times did you die immediately to exhaust the dialogue?

About 4 times I believe, was playing that storyline naturally before I started to get fed up. Patroclus will tell you to give a message to Achilles, once you’ve given that message to Achilles, you’ve then got to speak to Nyx after another playthrough, get the option to release Achilles from his contract; then you speak to Achilles and thennnnn you can get the trophy. 

Finally forced Achilles to pack his bags and move his ass. It was really tedious to mark all the flags needed for Divided by Death prophecy.

9 hours ago, Gladiator995 said:

(...) such as Achilles’ trophy. What I did with this was just die in the first dungeon to speed the process up.

It takes care of only half of the process though. You still have to go up all the way to Elysium to speak to Patroclus, as he's the most annoying part of the entire thing. Not only does it take a long time to climb, his dialogue options seem endless... and if it wasn't enough, his room very rarely spawns (I had 5 runs in a row when he wouldn't spawn and started getting that feeling in my gut telling me "what are you doing with your life" when I usually drop platinums and give up). I tried climbing up to Elysium and backing up my save in case the room doesn't spawn. I would then download my save and take another path to forcefully spawn the room. 5 times I did it and Patroclus' room never spawned. Unfortunately you have to do it legit way and pray to rng gods.

Edited by NarcissusBaz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gladiator995 said:

About 4 times I believe, was playing that storyline naturally before I started to get fed up. Patroclus will tell you to give a message to Achilles, once you’ve given that message to Achilles, you’ve then got to speak to Nyx after another playthrough, get the option to release Achilles from his contract; then you speak to Achilles and thennnnn you can get the trophy. 

36 minutes ago, NarcissusBaz said:

Finally forced Achilles to pack his bags and move his ass. It was really tedious to mark all the flags needed for Divided by Death prophecy.

It takes care of only half of the process though. You still have to go up all the way to Elysium to speak to Patroclus, as he's the most annoying part of the entire thing. Not only does it take a long time to climb, his dialogue options seem endless... and if it wasn't enough, his room very rarely spawns. I tried climbing up to Elysium and backing up my save in case the room doesn't spawn. I would then download my save and take another path to forcefully spawn the room. 5 times I did it and Patroclus' room never spawned. Unfortunately you have to do it legit way and pray to rng gods.

Patroclus will have different quest icon (flashing) above him when he has the message for Achilles. Same icon as the house contractor, when he has new items for you to buy. Characters always have this specific icon if they are ready to tell you something that is required to fulfill a certain prophecy or to unlock new stuff. Also after Epilog, every character's first dialog will always be a comment about "latest party" before any other dialog. The same rule applies if you talk to a character wearing his/her keepsake for the first time.

Got their trophy yesterday. I thought it will be my last trophy, but no. For some reason "...blasted" Nyx/Chaos is the last one I need, even though I reached their locked hearts like 30 runs/deaths ago. Nyx is always either talking to someone else, not in the house or has something else to tell. But I think I am close. Today should be the Platinum day... 

EDIT: I would also recommend Aspect of Arthur + Special double hit from Hammer. I can reach Elysium in 7-8 minutes (in-game timer) on average with this weapon.  

Edited by WildeNick

6 hours ago, WildeNick said:

EDIT: I would also recommend Aspect of Arthur + Special double hit from Hammer. I can reach Elysium in 7-8 minutes (in-game timer) on average with this weapon.  

Thanks for the tip! I mainly run Shield of Chaos with Chaos Aspect (up to Heat 8 so far!) so it'll be nice to try something new.

Last night I thought I had some solid Boons but they were doing like no damage and I wiped on Hades, so I decided to start running with Ares Keepsake just for first area and it has helped SO MUCH. Shield of Chaos + Doom on Special Attack = Game Over! ?

24 minutes ago, tranquility101 said:

Thanks for the tip! I mainly run Shield of Chaos with Chaos Aspect (up to Heat 8 so far!) so it'll be nice to try something new.

Last night I thought I had some solid Boons but they were doing like no damage and I wiped on Hades, so I decided to start running with Ares Keepsake just for first area and it has helped SO MUCH. Shield of Chaos + Doom on Special Attack = Game Over! ?

Doom is what helped me get my first successful escape.

the malphons (the gloves or whatever they are) with posedions attack boon was awesome too, literally just punching things into the walls and slaughtering stuff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Does 'Well Versed' require you to max out their affinity, or just the logs with information/lore that progress as you accept their boons/have dialogue with them?

It doesn't require unlocking the heart. Giving nectar is enough. I think I got the trophy when I had 3-4 hearts with each God on average.

Anyway, I think 80+ hours for Plat probably too much. Especially if you played the game before. Took me 46 hours and 95 escape attempts. Almost half of them were less than 1 minute to boost dialogs. For last few hours been playing just for fun, unlocked some cosmetics, did 32 heat run etc. Will probably play some more :) 

I also found rail gun with Hestia Aspect to be very useful. Boons for Attack, Crit Damage from Artemis and Backstab from Chaos or anyone else. Also because you have to always manually reload for this build to work, using R3 is extremely uncomfortable so I would recommend rebind to L1 for example (it is only used for codex) and then you can be very efficient. Critical damage on bosses or "Marked" enemies sometimes can be around 2k.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WildeNick said:

It doesn't require unlocking the heart. Giving nectar is enough. I think I got the trophy when I had 3-4 hearts with each God on average.

Anyway, I think 80+ hours for Plat probably too much. Especially if you played the game before. Took me 46 hours and 95 escape attempts. Almost half of them were less than 1 minute to boost dialogs. For last few hours been playing just for fun, unlocked some cosmetics, did 32 heat run etc. Will probably play some more :) 

I also found rail gun with Hestia Aspect to be very useful. Boons for Attack, Crit Damage from Artemis and Backstab from Chaos or anyone else. Also because you have to always manually reload for this build to work, using R3 is extremely uncomfortable so I would recommend rebind to L1 for example (it is only used for codex) and then you can be very efficient. Critical damage on bosses or "Marked" enemies sometimes can be around 2k.

R3 for Reload is what made me stop using the Rail Gun; otherwise was pretty excited about it! ? Was seriously cramping my hand, couldn't hang. Will try rebinding to L1 with the Hestia Aspect, thanks again for sharing your experiences ?

[EDIT: Woah, I invested in Level 5 Aspect of Hestia for the Rail Gun and am just WRECKING! ? Rejuvenated excitement!]

[EDIT #2: Two successful Rail Gun Hestia runs in a row! It's so much fun and damages even harder than the Shield O__o. Avoiding the short-range -6 ammo upgrade in the future though!]

Edited by tranquility101

Bow even on 16-24 heat is pretty easy if you unlock “ hold square for rapid fire “ other than that shield and gloves special can be really op finished couple of games never using attack and only special! Overall great game little repetitive took me 96 tries (34 completed ) for plat!

• Like 1

Just dropping in to confirm that Achilles/Patroclus is still my last trophy.  Just finished the eiplogue though, so maybe that will speed things along? Before that I died 4-5 times in a row to confirm Achilles had no more dialogue for me, so it seems like I'm on to just grinding to Patroclus and hoping.  Favorite combo is still probably shield and just taking any attack+ and dash attack+ (no problem blasting through on 0 heat).  Might try the sword again though and some of the suggestions above.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

One For The Ages seems like it's a pain

Kinda? I'm working on some Olympian Gods' bonds, and some of them are quite annoying, specifically Poseidon and Hermes. Both of them require you talk to them with their level 3 Keepsake, while Poseidon requires you to have fished something before you talk to him as well. The only problem is, they keep giving me dialogues that aren't the bond when I do have the requirements met.

There's also Divided by Death, which seems to be a big pain for most people. And Thanatos is a pain to actually find in the house for giving gifts, which you need to do for Aphrodite.

32 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Kinda? I'm working on some Olympian Gods' bonds, and some of them are quite annoying, specifically Poseidon and Hermes. Both of them require you talk to them with their level 3 Keepsake, while Poseidon requires you to have fished something before you talk to him as well. The only problem is, they keep giving me dialogues that aren't the bond when I do have the requirements met.

There's also Divided by Death, which seems to be a big pain for most people. And Thanatos is a pain to actually find in the house for giving gifts, which you need to do for Aphrodite.

Working on Divided by Death now. Finally had Chaos say something that related to Nyx coming to see her, then when I finished the run, Nyx wasn't at the house lol. Only need those 2 trophies, and level all keepsakes to 3

3 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Working on Divided by Death now. Finally had Chaos say something that related to Nyx coming to see her, then when I finished the run, Nyx wasn't at the house lol. Only need those 2 trophies, and level all keepsakes to 3

I think for that, all you gotta do is find Chaos again and Nyx should be there with them. 

I'm fairly confident that I'm at the end of the Divided By Death prophecy, but you never know in this game. The most annoying part is the guy isn't a guaranteed spawn in Elysium. 

15 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I think for that, all you gotta do is find Chaos again and Nyx should be there with them. 

I'm fairly confident that I'm at the end of the Divided By Death prophecy, but you never know in this game. The most annoying part is the guy isn't a guaranteed spawn in Elysium. 

Ok, got One For The Ages, wasn't that bad, now just need to trigger dialogue for Divided By Death, last trophy I need.....

2 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Ok, got One For The Ages, wasn't that bad, now just need to trigger dialogue for Divided By Death, last trophy I need.....

Good luck on that, man! I have everything except for Thanatos' companion. He's definitely the most annoying person to get his favor, because he rarely spawns. 

Divided by death is a massive pain as is getting Thanatos' favour for me.

I'm also still waiting on Mageara to visit my room for the 1st time and I maxed out her hearts to the lock many runs ago.

Great game but these last few trophies are a real frustrating grind waiting for correct dialogs to happen.

Guess I just got to keep going, at least I can progress my keepsakes on the way!

• Like 1