GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

Trophy lists are now online. Looks like the leaked list from the rockstar game launcher didnt apply to playstation. They did exchange some trophies from the original but the amount of trophies stayed the same (except for san andreas). Luckily you don't have to blow up 2000 cars in gta 3 but the godfather rating trophy in vice city remains. Also the 100% completion trophy in san andreas is indeed in the remastered trophy list.

https://www.exophase.com/games/?q=grand theft auto

3 hours ago, RockmanBN said:

Cheats now disable trophies for Vice City. Good fucking luck getting Godfather if Seasparrow bug is patched.

Are you referring to the old GTA Vice City version that you've played or the new Definitive Edition?

Edited by LordWikii

30 minutes ago, VeldinX said:

Don't forget the use of SA sound effects in the III and VC menus! ?‍♂️ That was a real vibe killer for me. 

I kind of like it as I didnt mind it in SA, but it does lose something by it not being original to the game.

48 minutes ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Were people honestly expecting good remasters? Ignoring claims of censorship it doesnt have online in the name why would rockstar care? Cant sell the oringal trilogy the way you can sell shark cards after all.

I did not. I've seen some gameplay. It looks great and still feels like the original. The hate on Rockstar is borderline ridiculous, especially here. Different music in menu? Name of the mission being in the middle of the screen instead of in the corner? Missing flag on a t-shirt? I mean.. Really?

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I did not. I've seen some gameplay. It looks great and still feels like the original. The hate on Rockstar is exaggerated, especially here. Different music in menu? Name of the mission being in the middle of the screen instead of in the corner? Missing flag on t-shirt? I mean.. Really?

When you release classic games with "definitive edition" in the title you expect a quality release, even more so coming from Rockstar Games.

Also, contrary to most remasters these days, this is a $60 game. I think complains about the release are not exaggerated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

When you release classic games with "definitive edition" in the title you expect a quality release, even more so coming from Rockstar Games.

Also, contrary to most remasters these days, this is a $60 game. I think complains about the release are not exaggerated.

I'm about to buy it later today. I've seen over 30 minutes of gameplay. I still haven't found some sort of legitimate issue what is actually wrong with it to possibly prevent me from buying it. All I've read so far is the type of things I mentioned in my previous comment.

Edited by BloodyRutz

At £20 a game or £18 here in UK, for games of their size, playability and content, i'd say they are about worth it but thats just me.

I mean if they were standalones at those prices, would folk still complain? I dunno.

No doubt the Trilogy will drop eventually so yeh i'd wait if you arent convinced by the remaster and ultimately the price.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

Saw the leaked gameplay aswell and why does the map for gta 3 look like it’s from San Andreas and have that yellow outline? Also the way the mission title just appears in the middle of the screen and not off to the side irks me because no other gta had it like that.

Yeah it looks a bit weird. At least there is an actual map now though, so that is one positive. 

2 hours ago, Ashbo said:

I kind of like it as I didnt mind it in SA, but it does lose something by it not being original to the game.

Oh yeah, in SA it’s great because it fits the soundtrack. In III and VC though, it sticks out like a sore thumb, especially VC when compared to its original 80s synthy sounds. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

Sure it’s nitpicks but when your charging $60 for a 20 year old game, call it definitive edition and yet change small things around that didn’t need to be changed I expect a quality product. 

For clarification, you're getting all three GTA games for $60.  It's essentially $20 per game.  I think the price is fine but if you don't, I'm sure there will be a sale in the near future.

A couple of observations on the gameplay I saw today and what I've read:

-  These are remasters, not remakes.  Graphic improvements for a PS2 era game is not going to be a PS5 masterpiece, which is not what they intended here.  Personally, I would prefer a full blown remake on all of these but a remaster is what we're getting.

- They have improved: graphics, game mechanics/controls, mini-map, updated weapons, radio station wheel added, and "more".  I saw the gameplay that leaked today from VGC and it looks awesome to me.  If this is your first time in GTA, I'm going to suspect this will be a disappointment compared to new games released this year but if you've played these games on PS2 (or even PS3/PS4) and enjoyed them, these remasters are major upgrades.

The things I'm most excited about for these remasters are the mini-map navigation improvement and addition of modern controls.  These matter most to me because these are the things in the game you're going to use over and over again for the entirety of these games.  If you go back to the PS2-era games, the navigation and controls are difficult and frustrating to use compared to current game controls and navigation features we've all become accustomed too now.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

Why couldn’t they put all their attention on gta 3? I mean it’s 3s anniversary not vice city or San Andreas, if they did a full on remake and it sold well for 3 I’m sure we would have gotten vice city next year and San Andreas in 2024 for their 20th anniversary’s. Just odd why they did all games at once and I don’t see many people talking about it.

I agree I would've liked to see a remake of these games instead of a remaster.  Although, I played the original games on PS2 and the gameplay footage I've seen today on these remasters are definitely a major improvement all around.

Regarding "I don't see many people talking about it", I respectfully disagree.  I follow gaming media sites daily like VGC, VG247, IGN, and GameSpot and this has been plastered all over those news sites over the past several months.  Even this thread proves there's high interest with 24 pages (currently) of comments that was started only about 3 months ago. 

Whether or not you're planning to buy this trilogy, I'm expecting it to be a major success for Rockstar.

6 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I love how people who hates a certain publisher/studio, keeps commenting in this thread :D If you hate Rockstar that much, why even bother? Seems non logical to me.

Im looking forward to my physical release in December! :) 

Just FYI, the word "illogical" exists.

• Like 2