GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

16 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Is there any news on the physical release for PS5? I know the physical versions are coming out on December 7th, but for some reason the Rockstar website lists every platform EXCEPT for PS5. I checked Amazon and Best Buy, and surely enough they only have pre-orders open for PS4, XBO, Series X|S, and Switch. What's going on? I wanna get the physical copy for PS5.

The Xbox release is a dual-branded Xbox One / Series X|S package though. Is that not what they do when it’s natively an Xbox One game? As it can be played on X|S via BC. I think if it were the X|S version on the disc it wouldn’t mention Xbox One. 

From what I see, they’re only releasing it physically for last gen consoles. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Is there any news on the physical release for PS5? I know the physical versions are coming out on December 7th, but for some reason the Rockstar website lists every platform EXCEPT for PS5. I checked Amazon and Best Buy, and surely enough they only have pre-orders open for PS4, XBO, Series X|S, and Switch. What's going on? I wanna get the physical copy for PS5.

It doesn't look they'll have a disc version for the PS5 otherwise the Playstation Blog would have mentioned it. Maybe in the future they'll have a PS5 disc version.

Makes sense since the PS5 is still hard to get and they figure they'll distribute a PS4 disc version and include the PS5 version as a digital free update.

fHpsbqR.png

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, VeldinX said:

The Xbox release is a dual-branded Xbox One / Series X|S package though. Is that not what they do when it’s natively an Xbox One game? As it can be played on X|S via BC. I think if it were the X|S version on the disc it wouldn’t mention Xbox One. 

From what I see, they’re only releasing it physically for last gen consoles. 

Well that's lame.

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

It doesn't look they'll have a disc version for the PS5 otherwise the Playstation Blog would have mentioned it. Maybe in the future they'll have a PS5 disc version.

Makes sense since the PS5 is still hard to get and they figure they'll distribute a PS4 disc version and include the PS5 version as a digital free update.

fHpsbqR.png

I see, well that answers that. I didn't think to check the PS Blog, so thanks for the confirmation. I'll just go ahead and pre-order the digital version then.

Grand Theft Auto III – The Definitive Edition (PS5) – 5.293GB (without day one patch)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – The Definitive Edition (PS5) – 10.768GB (without day one patch)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – The Definitive Edition (PS5) – 22.679GB (without day one patch)

Source: PlayStation Game Sizes

Edited by Ghost
Pre-load now available
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

We'll see how the trophy lists fare for these games.

Yeh looking forward to seeing them.

If the leaked tiles that were floating around a few wks ago are correct, then imo it should be a good list for each game.

I'm ready to revisit this and give them a good go.

As seen from the Rockstar Social Club servers, the trophy lists are basically the PS2 versions with a some new added trophies: III - Vice City - San Andreas

3 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

It might have been said on here but not checked here for a while but is a hard copy of the game coming to ps5 in the uk. Can only see preorders for the ps4 version at the minute

It seems no PS5 physical edition for this game. But I believe the PS4 edition also unlocks the PS5 games.

• Like 1

Hi, anyone encounter some strange situation happen when pre-download in PSN Malaysia store or any other Asia PSN store?

I just click to pre-order around 15 minute ago and the pre-download was straight away prompt........but only PS5 GTA III The Definitive Edition was available for me to pre-load???? When I click in the countdown timer, the content inside show 1 game/app only instead of 3??? Anyone know what going on???

EDIT: Just solved this issue. Turn out PS5's PSN store won't prompt all 6 apps for you to download when the pre-load time was trigger, you need to manually log into PSN web, under purchase history to select the remaining 5 apps that didn't prompt & click to download into ps5. Then your machine will get the signal to started pre-load all of it. ?

Edited by Neo_Tachihoma