Complaints

PlatinumTrophy

Feel free to use this forum to complain about this trophy list. Ill go first.

I made the mistake of starting this game  without doing deep enough research, and assumed it had no trophy list since it had been out for a while and wasnt on this site or PSNTL, i then earned a trophy and realised my grave mistake. Now it is syncable and I am stuck with getting 1047 wins. Yay

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

There are custom lobbies but I have no idea at this moment if trophies or wins are counted in there

custom lobbies will not unlock trophies, challenges, etc.  Stick to objective game modes (oddball, domination, king of the hill) as they end much faster than other kill based modes, except maybe vip as those seem to go quickly too and I think have the lowest score limit.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DerelictSoul said:

custom lobbies will not unlock trophies, challenges, etc.  Stick to objective game modes (oddball, domination, king of the hill) as they end much faster than other kill based modes, except maybe vip as those seem to go quickly too and I think have the lowest score limit.

For some reason the first custom lobby I played the win from it counted to my career but anything after that won't count

Edited by PlatinumTrophy
Edit

No complaints from me, the game is so much fun! Would have been nice to have a platinum trophy, but it's f2p, so I don't expect much from trophies.

Trophies seem easy enough and without some huge grind behind it.

9 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

A big fat NOPE, won’t bother for an immense ridiculous grind without a platinum.

My man, you have 100% in Warframe, but you afraid to grind? HOW?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

I made the mistake of starting this game  without doing deep enough research, and assumed it had no trophy list since it had been out for a while and wasnt on this site or PSNTL, i then earned a trophy and realised my grave mistake. Now it is syncable and I am stuck with getting 1047 wins. Yay

Always play free games for a while on another another account before u decide 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

So, serious question. (Well not really)

Why doesn't this game have all golds and a platinum? Did the developers get a choice?

I mean, these days if any old MSPaint created shit game that lasts 5 minutes can get all the highest ranking trophies included as a trophy list. Why do actual games just get a 100% list full of bronzes. Other free to play games like that Soul Calibre and Tekken on PS3 had silvers and a gold trophy.

Perhaps only shit games are allowed all golds now? I am really interested in the thinking behind the decisioning at Sony. It's like they have their priorities backwards.

Developers have free reign to create any number of trophies up to 128 that they want, any description, give it any grade they want and whether or not they have a platinum in the list. Its all entirely up to them.

The only limitation they have is that they Have a limit to trophy points, so they cant make a list full of 128 golds, as it would have too many points. I dont know the exact limits of it but its something like that

Edited by PlatinumTrophy
Edit

1047 "wins" is so cruel. Should have gone with "1047 kills". It's still a grindy trophy but the devs wouldn't look like assholes for adding it.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Why doesn't this game have all golds and a platinum? Did the developers get a choice?

I mean, these days if any old MSPaint created shit game that lasts 5 minutes can get all the highest ranking trophies included as a trophy list. Why do actual games just get a 100% list full of bronzes. Other free to play games like that Soul Calibre and Tekken on PS3 had silvers and a gold trophy.

Perhaps only shit games are allowed all golds now? I am really interested in the thinking behind the decisioning at Sony. It's like they have their priorities backwards.

I read here that the devs need to pay Sony to get a trophy list into the game, and a plat with many golds is probably the one that costs the most. That's why some small free to play games don't even have. In the case you talk about, I'm guessing those are the types of games directed towards trophy hunters. The kind of shitty game nobody in their right mind would even play otherwise. I have 3 friends that like hunting for plat trophies out 120 in my friend list. The 3 of the have that "My name is Mayo" game with it's plat lol. I never seen the game but I read a thread here with people complaining about it.

Edited by GregHouse007

What really pisses me off is that the devs didn't allow the game to feature a full trophy list vs Xbox's 30 achievements with its 1000G. Like... why they just ignored that point on PS system? 

1 hour ago, GregHouse007 said:

1047 "wins" is so cruel. Should have gone with "1047 kills". It's still a grindy trophy but the devs wouldn't look like assholes for adding it.

I read here that the devs need to pay Sony to get a trophy list into the game, and a plat with many golds is probably the one that costs the most. That's why some small free to play games don't even have. In the case you talk about, I'm guessing those are the types of games directed towards trophy hunters. The kind of shitty game nobody in their right mind would even play otherwise. I have 3 friends that like hunting for plat trophies out 120 in my friend list. The 3 of the have that "My name is Mayo" game with it's plat lol. I never seen the game but I read a thread here with people complaining about it.

Pretty weird too. As then Microsoft need to apply the rule for 1000G in all their games for free? I'm heavily annoyed by this fact, as I'm a deep Halo fan and seeing this game was like the holy grail for PS4. But the list... oh man the list, a big turn off honestly by me despite I'm super tempted to try it and go for the 100% but well... 

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Greed. If the fact that $ony needs a payment for adding trophies and due F2P point is to make income by microtransactions, they're left with less money in the end. Really fucked, honestly, despite there's a lot of those games with plat. But this one... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Greed. If the fact that $ony needs a payment for adding trophies and due F2P point is to make income by microtransactions, they're left with less money in the end. Really fucked, honestly, despite there's a lot of those games with plat. But this one... 

If that is true, how do so many 5 minute platinum games get all gold trophies and platinum? Those games are super cheap already to buy, it can't be that much to pay Sony if true.

Also why do Capcom seem to be doing the same, with only bronze trophies, or just bronze and silver. And that is on non F2P games, full release games.

What is Capcom's excuse? They're not short of money.

I'm not sure that money/Sony's greed is the reason. Given the recent release of games over the past few years, it seems more random to me.

52 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

If that is true, how do so many 5 minute platinum games get all gold trophies and platinum? Those games are super cheap already to buy, it can't be that much to pay Sony if true.

Also why do Capcom seem to be doing the same, with only bronze trophies, or just bronze and silver. And that is on non F2P games, full release games.

What is Capcom's excuse? They're not short of money.

I'm not sure that money/Sony's greed is the reason. Given the recent release of games over the past few years, it seems more random to me.

Or simply laziness. But that doesn't excuse them that MS got better treatment while the game is multiplatform, smh. 

• Like 1

Tips for the wins trophy & knocking out the Railgun collateral - 

Look out for a timed mode called 'instagib' it's a Free for All style game mode where the Railgun pretty much instantly fires. If you're decent enough at map control you can fly through wins, since the arena style maps are small you're more than likely to hit the collateral. (same can't be said for the sniper one mind.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GregHouse007 said:

I have 3 friends that like hunting for plat trophies out 120 in my friend list. The 3 of the have that "My name is Mayo" game with it's plat lol. I never seen the game but I read a thread here with people complaining about it.

Ok, I understand that you are not really a huge trophy hunter, but having My name is Mayo plat on your account is more like a community meme at this point. It's not that bad, you see people on this website with hundreds of chip and shitty visual novels plats

Edited by storm7840
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, storm7840 said:

Ok, I understand that you are not really a huge trophy hunter, but having My name is Mayo plat on your account is more like a community meme at this point. It's not that bad, you see people on this website with hundreds of chip and shitty visual novels plats

That's not the only game of that style, it's just the only one I know. I remember seeing two or three more games in their list with those 97% rarity plats. I never said "it's bad to have them". Relax, I'm not judging you. I was saying that trophy hunters are the target market for those shitty games that have a plat, which is what the other poster was complaining about. He was annoyed at the fact that this game or Apex Legends don't have plats or even gold trophies, but 1 dollar shitty visual novels have plats.

On 8/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, PlatinumTrophy said:

You need some help with your OCD if you feel you are "stuck" or have to do that many wins for a meaningless trophy that no one really cares about other than your OCD.