Shrooba's Corner of 100 Completions

Shrooba

2 hours ago, Shrooba said:

IT IS OVER, I FUCKING DID IT!!!!
IT IS DONE.
IT IS DONE.
IT. IS. DONE!
1f4aa.png1f4aa.png1f4aa.png1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png1f525.png

ALL CRASH 4 PLATINUM RELICS WITHOUT THE TRIPLE SPIN!!! IT'S OVER!!! Faster Than Sound trophy before beating the game. 1f4aa.png
Here's my run of Cortex Castle, my final Platinum Relic:

ozeOdUS.jpg

k8wdim4.png

Next up, the PERFECT RELICS! TIME TO SMASH THEM!!! 1f4aa.png1f60e.png

Yessss bro!!! You absolutely tore these plat relics a new one! Savage work my dude ?

Does this mean we’re gonna get a Crash 4 review… before… y’know… that other Crash game? ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Does this mean we’re gonna get a Crash 4 review… before… y’know… that other Crash game? 1f602.png

I respect that you refuse to name that game in this thread… it would be bad luck.

…henceforth, it should simply be referred to as “The Scottish Crash” 

• Like 2

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone! ?
As of the past couple days I've completed over half the perfect relics, which are rewarded for destroying all crates in a level without dying a single time. Needless to say, resetting a level also resets all the dialogue that characters say, so I had to hear Cortex talk about wombats every single time I died on Toxic Tunnels which drove me to utter anguish. ? I'd say Toxic Tunnels took me a couple hours to do both the perfect relic and the 3 deaths or less for the N. Verted variant of it, so quite a while!

In any case, I've got all the perfect relics for the final 4 levels, and especially the two Polar levels and one slug level which see you riding on an animal with no way to backtrack. So I've got most of the annoying ones done! I try to record each run of the levels I do... and I've started running out of space! ? But in any case, I'll probably write up a proper update tomorrow talking about a couple of the harder levels. At this point I'm confident I'll get the platinum done, it makes me find it funny that I literally had this game collecting dust because I thought I couldn't do it, but times change!

Now that I'm nearing completion for Crash 4, I'm starting to get the nerves for Trackmania Turbo, but I'm a man of my word; after I get Crash 4 done I'll boot it up and start grinding it out. I'm not cocky, but I'm somewhat sure I can do it given I've dealt with the plethora of BS that the CTR dev times gave me! ? I think my biggest hurdle for TT is gonna be adjusting to the physics since I believe they change depending on each area the tracks are on, from giant canyons to stadiums, and even beaches! It's gonna frustrate the hell outta me, but so is Crash 4 but I'm enjoying it nonetheless! Peace for now, and I'll have a proper update sometime for tomorrow! ?

Edit: It seems I have forgotten to make the update! So tomorrow from now... ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 2

On 05/01/2022 at 3:34 AM, Shrooba said:

I personally reckon Trackmania Turbo might be harder than Crash 4 just on a hunch, but if I can endure the agony of CTR’s dev times then I’m somewhat certain I can do it if I try! It’s a bit reassuring that the gold times needed for Trackmania Turbo aren’t actually the best times; the Trackmaster medals are, but you only need 50 of those out of the 200 campaign tracks, so I reckon I’ll give it a go after I beat Crash 4. Either that, or I get back to Ghost Recon Breakpoint.      

I think I was mentioned the other day in this before I read it but yeah you'll get it done I'm sure. The times aren't fast as it's more about finishing rather than trying to go as fast as possible. I'll be around when you get to this.

On 06/01/2022 at 8:12 AM, Shrooba said:

ALL CRASH 4 PLATINUM RELICS WITHOUT THE TRIPLE SPIN!!! IT'S OVER!!! Faster Than Sound trophy before beating the game.

Nice going dude! That was fast!

1 hour ago, Shrooba said:

Now that I'm nearing completion for Crash 4, I'm starting to get the nerves for Trackmania Turbo, but I'm a man of my word; after I get Crash 4 done I'll boot it up and start grinding it out. I'm not cocky, but I'm somewhat sure I can do it given I've dealt with the plethora of BS that the CTR dev times gave me! 1f605.png I think my biggest hurdle for TT is gonna be adjusting to the physics since I believe they change depending on each area the tracks are on, from giant canyons to stadiums, and even beaches! It's gonna frustrate the hell outta me, but so is Crash 4 but I'm enjoying it nonetheless! Peace for now, and I'll have a proper update sometime for tomorrow!

Wow you really have got through the game pretty fast so it looks like you'll be done later this week or something. Yeah you'll be fine on it but I'll be around to help out especially as you've been a lot of help recently. I remember the game quite well so I can explain how to approach it.

• Like 2

Congrats! That’s really impressive what you did on Crash 4!

As daunting as a game might seem you just have to believe the work you put in will pay off in the end and you’ll succeed with time. You’re definitely in the right mindset!

• Like 2

NOTE: Sorry if my review isn't formatted correctly... I realize some of the paragraphs aren't spaced out, and some text is a bit bigger than others since I initially wrote this on a Word document and then pasted it over. But when I thought I fixed it and tried to save the edit, this message popped up:

8r6vy2T.png

No idea what's going on with that, sorry if all the words are too close together! I spent hours writing this one and I really wanted it to look nice for you guys, I again apologize...
Would it be worth pinging a mod about this? I've never seen this message pop up before... Not sure. :/

Edited by Shrooba

3 hours ago, Shrooba said:

NOTE: Sorry if my review isn't formatted correctly... I realize some of the paragraphs aren't spaced out, and some text is a bit bigger than others since I initially wrote this on a Word document and then pasted it over. But when I thought I fixed it and tried to save the edit, this message popped up:

8r6vy2T.png

No idea what's going on with that, sorry if all the words are too close together! I spent hours writing this one and I really wanted it to look nice for you guys, I again apologize...
Would it be worth pinging a mod about this? I've never seen this message pop up before... Not sure. :/

Ah.... that old chestnut - it's a badge of honour, my friend... Congratulations! You managed to write a review long enough to break the forum software! ?????

Welcome to the club bud - we should have jackets made! ?

Kidding aside - I used to run into the same issue - the best way to deal with it, is if you are going to write "off-site" then copy stuff across, have an incredibly basic text editor (I use Moped, but not sure if that's a Mac only thing - there will be plenty of PC equivalents) - then either write everything in that, or write it in Word, then copy it to that first, then copy to the site - that will remove all the embedded formatting from the text, and let you copy it into the site software 'cleanly'

Separately though - hell of a Crash write-up there, you should be proud! 

I've never gotten on with Crash myself, but seeing the level to which so many of the checklist posse get into them, it's obvious the problem is with me and not the games ?, and they seem like real tough nuts to crack!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ah.... that old chestnut - it's a badge of honour, my friend... Congratulations! You managed to write a review long enough to break the forum software! 1f386.png1f386.png1f64c.png1f64c.png1f483.png

Welcome to the club bud - we should have jackets made! 1f602.png

Kidding aside - I used to run into the same issue - the best way to deal with it, is if you are going to write "off-site" then copy stuff across, have an incredibly basic text editor (I use Moped, but not sure if that's a Mac only thing - there will be plenty of PC equivalents) - then either write everything in that, or write it in Word, then copy it to that first, then copy to the site - that will remove all the embedded formatting from the text, and let you copy it into the site software 'cleanly'

Separately though - hell of a Crash write-up there, you should be proud!

Ohhhh, I see! I was thinking perhaps the system marked my post as spam due to the amount of images or something, I thought I was in trouble! ? Good to know it's just because it couldn't register Word document text.

Well anyway... if we're gonna wear jackets, surely they'll be designed after the ones Crash wears?

ng9Aqpb.png

And also thank you for the kind words, it took ages!

14 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I've never gotten on with Crash myself, but seeing the level to which so many of the checklist posse get into them, it's obvious the problem is with me and not the games 1f602.png, and they seem like real tough nuts to crack!

Don't let the mainstream opinion get to you, I can say personally that the Crash trilogy ain't impossible! ? I do reckon that one of the Crash 1 levels (Stormy Ascent) does border around a 7/10 difficulty but the rest of that game and the other 2 in the trilogy aren't that bad. You're allowed to die (apart from 2's occasional death routes, but you only have to not die up to a certain point in the level) and you only need the gold time trial relics so it's more manageable than Crash 4!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Alchemised said:

The Kingdom Hearts pack and Crash 4 (along with the crash racing game) are on my to do list haha. Keep up the good work! 

Thanks! The Kingdom Hearts series is a lot of fun. KH3 was a great challenge, not to mention the music is always top notch! 

Crash 4 is a tough one, but it’s doable, nothing is impossible! If at any point it frustrates you, just remember: don’t doubt your ability, if you put in the time it will be done! 
CTR is also a blast, one of my favourite games, a lot of love was put into that by the devs. ? I love how they also included CNK tracks and even a whole lot of new ones monthly. 

And also, welcome to the PSNProfiles Forums! ?

Well that was special dude. Incredible amount of effort you put into that one! I can only imagine the Crash game that we shall not name has got to be knocking on the door of 12,000 words now, surely? It’s been cooking for a while ???

I did read through the majority of what you’ve written but I did skip over a few things here and there as I’ll be playing this soon. However, watching you play and hearing you talk of the game has got me super excited. The bits I did read though, chefs kiss ?

On 19/01/2022 at 4:34 AM, Shrooba said:

I can’t thank you enough @kindasabbath, seriously, your words of motivation on our CTR chat to just go for Crash 4 gave me that motivation; it’s indeed true that I had to believe in my ability!

Ah brother - no problem at all! I’m just happy that you now realise there’s nothing that can or should prevent you from playing a game. You literally destroyed Crash 4 with one hand tied behind your back! (Banging out huge feats w/o triple spin) - straight off the back of crushing the Beenox times (one of the hardest challenges I’ve seen in a game) - just before you’re about to decimate Trackmania Turbo. Very impressive stuff fella! I don’t even think you lack confidence Shroobs, I think you’re just remarkably humble - to the point where you play your own ability down to yourself. 

On 19/01/2022 at 4:44 AM, Shrooba said:

8r6vy2T.png

This also happened to me in my last checklist update…

10 hours ago, Shrooba said:

if we're gonna wear jackets, surely they'll be designed after the ones Crash wears?

ng9Aqpb.png

… So can I have a jacket too? ?

I’m really looking forward to your TT journey. I’ve been quite vocal about how the game doesn’t look fun to me personally but as someone who has also been through the dev times, I think you’ll be able to tell me whether you think I’ll find it fun or not. Me you and @LancashireLad87 will soon be brothers of the wheels… imo that’s straight up “I got you for life bro” shit right there ?

• Like 4

My copy of Trackmania Turbo finally arrived so I figured I'd give a short update. So far I've done my first 10 White tracks!

gzDUy7s.jpg

In Trackmania Turbo, there's a total of 200 tracks in the solo campaign, and the platinum requires you to get at least a Gold medal on all of them, since there's technically a tier above that, the Trackmaster medals, of which you need 50 out of 200. These are divided between tiers, or colours in this case, which goes White > Green > Blue > Red > Black. Each colour makes up 40 tracks, and every ten tracks sees you race in a different environment. In the first 10 White tracks, it takes place in the Canyon environment which emphasizes a drifting race style.

Trackmania Turbo is more of a time trial-based racing game, so for the plat there won't be any AI drivers to race against, apart from medal ghosts which all go at the same pace.

For the first hour or so of playing, I found it quite frustrating! ? But after a bit of analyzing where I could improve, I quickly got the hang of it, getting the first 10 gold medals... with 2 Trackmaster medals already! Of course though, I don't plan to actively go for 50 Trackmasters yet, but I did try on Track 4 since I liked that track! And funnily enough, I accidentally got in on Track 8 as well. ?

I'll go over a bit of Track 4 to just explain a bit of the game so far!

For Track 4, I believe the Trackmaster time is 26.07 seconds. My time was a 26.04, so it was very close!
At the start of the clip, you can see I had a 26.11; I actually was at around 28 or so seconds initially, but after several attempts over about 10-20 minutes I managed to slowly but surely whittle it down closer and closer... And now here's my successful attempt:

First, you start off with a left turn (well, there's nowhere else to go so I guess that's self-explanatory! ?), but I actually ended up hitting that wall a couple times admittedly, not the best way to lose! On the note of losing actually, you can restart at checkpoints with triangle and redo the level itself with circle... and restarts are instant! That's right, no loading, so you can get right back into the action, which is very cool!

But in any case, I then make the straight and get that boost pad and try to align myself as straight as possible; there's tech in future tracks I think, but for now I just try to enter the ramp as smooth as I can to go straight forward. From here, I try and time my brake around the second giant shadow around 15 seconds into the clip with X, and then start accelerating with R2 around the point where I start heading left, well into the turn. From here, my "drifting" state lasts quite a bit, but by letting go of the analog stick and going perfectly straight, it stabilizes the car and ends the drift state, which is good since you lose a bit of speed drifting. By going back to normal driving as soon as I can, I set myself up for more speed!

Like typical racing games (except CTR ?), the #1 rule is to always take turns wide and then hug the inside of the turn to get the best exit, and I use this philosophy for the turns here. Since I drifted around that first turn well and stopped drifting soon, I got a great acceleration rate and then applied the same for the next 2 turns... and voila, that's the track! Just 4 turns on the entire thing since it is just a White track after all, but the Trackmaster was a bit tricky nonetheless; the simpler a track is, the harder it is to save time.

I did also get the 2 online trophies as well, so the platinum will always be available in the event that I take a break from the game, which is reassuring! In any case, that's all I have to say for now!

But before I go, one more thing:

On 30/12/2021 at 3:25 AM, Arcesius said:

Could you by chance see if my ghosts are available for you? I changed my PSN name after completing the game and the ghosts weren't available after that. I heard that completing a single race should fix that, and I have done so since... 

I haven't forgotten about this. ?

How may I view your ghosts? I tried looking through the record center on the solo campaign menu, it brings up a bunch of profiles of my other PSN friends but you don't appear...
Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing... ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 4

My copy of Trackmania Turbo finally arrived so I figured I'd give a short update. So far I've done my first 10 White tracks!

How may I view your ghosts? I tried looking through the record center on the solo campaign menu, it brings up a bunch of profiles of my other PSN friends but you don't appear...
Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing... 1f605.png

Nice going dude! The way you see friends ghosts is the same place where you pick the gold time just before you start the track as that's probably what you are choosing to use. It will say friends ghosts just after the gold time & from there you can pick any then you will start the track as usual.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Nice going dude! The way you see friends ghosts is the same place where you pick the gold time just before you start the track as that's probably what you are choosing to use. It will say friends ghosts just after the gold time & from there you can pick any then you will start the track as usual

In that case: Shroobs, you are welcome to attack my ghosts as well ✌️

• Like 2

Niiiice! Already making good progress in TMT I see! :D Seems to me like you are not going to have too much trouble here... 

On 1/21/2022 at 1:14 PM, Shrooba said:

For Track 4, I believe the Trackmaster time is 26.07 seconds. My time was a 26.04, so it was very close!
At the start of the clip, you can see I had a 26.11; I actually was at around 28 or so seconds initially, but after several attempts over about 10-20 minutes I managed to slowly but surely whittle it down closer and closer... And now here's my successful attempt:

I think this here already shows that knowing how racing games work can make a big difference. I think that track #4 was actually the last Trackmaster I got for the trophy. I was stuck at shaving off those last couple of hundreths of a second... I just couldn't consistently get the curves in such a way that I managed to come out of them with good traction. 

Your explanation makes of course a lot of sense, and that you knew instincively how the track NEEDS to be approached in order to succeed. For me, it was more trial and error ?

22 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Back again fellas! I've been playing the game for about 3 days now, so some of you may be wondering why I haven't finished the green tracks yet... That's because...

The 50 Trackmaster Medals are SMASHED!!! 1f4aa.png1f4aa.png1f4aa.png... Although a few of them were a right pain in my ass! 1f605.png
I know this isn't the hardest challenge the game has to offer, but it's good to have it done early on.

Haha I knew you were going to go for those early on ? I definitely could not have done that when I played the game. Good job, man! 

One of the first hurdles in the game done. Admittedly, a lot of these would've been easier if I saved this for last, but I always like getting bullshit out of the way first when I do tricky games!...

Well, I cannot hurt to grind them out early... You will probably get a few more naturally (I even got 2 in the black series by accident), but as you say, you can now focus on getting gold.... Unless you are up for the challenge and want to get all 200 Trackmasters! :P 

I probably mentioned this already somewhere, but earning all 200 Trackmaster Medals unlocks the "Super Solo" campaign. That unlocks a Super Bronze, Super Silver, Super Gold and Super Trackmaster medal for each of the 200 tracks, with Super Bronze already being a faster time than the regular Trackmaster Medal. There are only a handful of people worldwide that managed to grab all 200 Super Trackmaster Medals... You could be the next one! ?

For the most part, not a bad track. But at around 24 seconds into the YouTube clip you will see ONE. SINGLE. FUCKING. ROCK. I know it looks easy, but holy moly did this rock take my trackmaster-pace runs and give me the middle finger. Like, if Lightning McQueen in Pixar's Cars was going for his Piston Cup and flipped because of an inconveniently placed rock on a track, he would be rightfully pissed... as was I. 1f605.png

??? Ah, the memories... Trust me, this won't be the last time you are pissed at a rock... Or a palm tree... or an almost invisible twig (Twig of Doom, as we say)... There are just a couple of such obstacles that you KNOW were deliberately placed to destroy intuitive racing lines... They can be so frustrating ?

And that's the Trackmasters outta the way. It's gonna feel good going through these Blue and Red tracks knowing I can just settle for gold and move the hell on!

Yeah that definitely is nice for sure. I remember 109 being the first gold time to frustrate me, and the two canyon Multilaps in the Red Series (135 and 140) to be the first two tracks to really give you a taste of how difficult the game can and will become. Although I can imagine that you won't have as much trouble overall as I did :) 

On the note of the ghosts @Arcesius, I looked through the friend records on the place where you select the medal on a track this time, but you don't appear on that either... 1f629.png Sorry man... Your times would've been awesome to see as well!

In that case, I'm out of ideas... I read that completing a track after the name change should update the leaderboards and fix the issue, but I did that already, so nothing else I can think off... In any case, I don't think you would be using my times much ? Trackmania Turbo was my first racing game ever, I was more concerned with getting Gold Medals, and not with optimizing my times ? I'm very sure that I would compare very poorly to some of the other people on your list! 

• Like 2

Hardest tracks for me were: #186, #175, #180. That’s my top 3.

Where #175 was really frustrating for me as it doesn’t look that bad but you have to do the big jumps very precise and with enough speed otherwise you would crash. I hated that track the most in the entire game.

But also quite difficult are #169, #170 & #190.

You’re blasting though this game though. I doubt you struggle as much as I did.

Good luck!

• Like 2

On 23/01/2022 at 10:05 AM, Shrooba said:

Back again fellas! I've been playing the game for about 3 days now, so some of you may be wondering why I haven't finished the green tracks yet... That's because...

The 50 Trackmaster Medals are SMASHED!!! 1f4aa.png1f4aa.png1f4aa.png... Although a few of them were a right pain in my ass! 1f605.png
I know this isn't the hardest challenge the game has to offer, but it's good to have it done early on.

Congrats on getting these done already dude! It's good that you got these done first as you get better at the game earlier & it has shown as you've got through it well. You also did those pretty fast as well as you didn't take long on many at all so it's looking good so far!

I'm a bit surprised I've gotten this far but those half-pipes can go eff themselves!!! I hate half-pipe jumps! 1f605.png At the moment it feels like a 8-8.5/10 difficulty, but that'll certainly ramp up in these Black tracks. I've made it so far though, I ain't giving up now!!! I just gotta grind it out and it'll be done for sure! I'm pumped! 

Anyway Arcesius, @Baker and @GonzoWARgasm I figure since I've made it this far, I wanna know from you guys what you reckon the hardest Blacks are. For me personally, I just get the hunch that Valley will be the worst for me although Destructor has told me of Lagoon's 190, but is there anything else I should be prepared for?
I know 175 is also a tricky one, but I actually sorta don't dislike them; the great thing about multi-laps is that if you can do lap 1, then you can theoretically do the entire thing, and that's very motivating!

You've done well to get this far this week especially as you haven't spent too long on anything so far too. It's been good to watch you get through this as you do quite a few then decide to keep going lol. I'm sure you'll be fine for the rest of the game as you know exactly what you need to do in order to get something done. You are doing great so far so keep it up.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 2