Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

Suspected 

fans reported suspected DDOS attacks

leaving fans believing

is rumoured to be

Fans also believe

Fans have blamed the downtime on

LittleBigPlanet fans have said

Fans believe

The servers definitely down and they're being worked on, thankfully. None of these blogs have much to say on any cause because the developer hasn't released any information on the actual cause.

At this point glamorizing anyone rumored to have something to do with it is probably not helpful and would likely be exactly what someone seeking so much attention would want.

Support is on it and now we wait.

• Like 2

Just now, MikeCheck-- said:

There was proof on Twitter, there were screenshots regarding a Discord conversation where a user basically said he was going to DDOS the servers by uploading hundreds of levels within minutes. 

Strong indication indeed that this person might have had something to do with it. Still, glamorizing their actions only encourages others to do similar things.

• Like 2

Of course now is the time I decide to finally go back to this game only to see that the servers have gone down. This was the last issue I thought to encounter for this game's servers if in fact the DDOS claim is accurate. Hopefully this isn't the end for LBP servers. I was already disappointed to learn that the Pirates of the Caribbean content is no longer available for the 100%. I guess that's what you get for coming back to a 10+ year old game.

16 minutes ago, plataa89 said:

Of course now is the time I decide to finally go back to this game only to see that the servers have gone down. This was the last issue I thought to encounter for this game's servers if in fact the DDOS claim is accurate. Hopefully this isn't the end for LBP servers. I was already disappointed to learn that the Pirates of the Caribbean content is no longer available for the 100%. I guess that's what you get for coming back to a 10+ year old game.

That DLC is still available, you just have to get it from the South East Asia Store along with a copy of the game from the same region.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, plataa89 said:

I thought he Game of the Year Edition had it? 

I'm pretty sure it is.

5 hours ago, plataa89 said:

If you buy US LBP GOTY it's still doable if someone from US can buy you physical code for PotC DLC from Best Buy or any other reailer which sells them. 

55 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

If you buy US LBP GOTY it's still doable if someone from US can buy you physical code for PotC DLC from Best Buy or any other reailer which sells them. 

That’s assuming the DLC code will work. Someone on the LBP2 forum recently got hold of a code for one of the delisted packs for that game and had no luck redeeming it cos it had expired

3 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

It looks like it's been taken down from Best Buy and GameStop. I wasn't aware of any retailers still selling it in the US. Are there?

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That DLC is still available, you just have to get it from the South East Asia Store along with a copy of the game from the same region.

Will it work on a US PS3?

10 hours ago, plataa89 said:

It looks like it's been taken down from Best Buy and GameStop. I wasn't aware of any retailers still selling it in the US. Are there?

Will it work on a US PS3?

With the exception of a certain Persona game (which I always for get the name of) all PS3, PS4, PS5 and Vita games are region free but 99% of saves and DLC are region locked so you must get the game and extra content from the same country as each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021/4/4 at 10:45 PM, HuntingFever said:

On 2021/4/5 at 2:07 AM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

I thought he Game of the Year Edition had it? 

I'm pretty sure it is.

On 2021/4/5 at 3:03 AM, HuntingFever said:

No. The GOTY Edition only has the MGS DLC on the disc, it doesn't include the PotC DLC in any way, shape or form.

On 2021/4/5 at 3:37 AM, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Thankful I'm leave in Taiwan and still getable every LBP series and all DLC, include LBP1,2,3 and vita. But without the server I still couldn't get 100% trophies.?

My vita won’t connect to the servers at the moment. Anyone else having this issue? I know about the recent DDOS attack creating server issues but it seemed like they had it back online a few days ago from the looks of the now closed “Platinum Unobtainable” thread. Hoping I haven’t missed my window to finish this up 

• Like 1

The LBP servers have come back up briefly for a few hours twice since they went down. Neither were announced reopenings and were likely tests by the developers. 

But last I tried Vita servers weren’t affected. I’ll try again shortly, but they hadn’t gone down when the rest did. 

Looks like LBP Vita servers are down for me at the moment. I’ll try again in a few hours.

• Like 2

I was able to connect early in the week to get the trophy for doing the 40 yays, but haven’t been able to login for the last couple days. I’m trying to upload my level and play other people’s for the 50 unique plays, but the servers have just consistently been down! hopefully they get them back up soon and don’t decide it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

• Like 1