Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

8 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I really hope the servers get back up soon! I only just started playing LBP 3 and I've been wanting to publish new stuff on that game! My profile has over 700 hearts from back when I played on LBP2, and my most popular level passed 7k plays last year, and now I can't even update anything on those levels. :( 

But also because the last time the servers went up I was able to get all the online trophies done except the one for creating a playlist on PS3, as I didn't realize that trophy was considered an online one. My biggest fear is that they never get the server back up, and the PS3 version will be stuck at 99% forever, which would be insanely disappointing!

They should be back up soon enough. The devs are working as hard as they can. This time, hopefully, they will be unbreachable.

Edited by Ozer928

2 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I really hope the servers get back up soon! I only just started playing LBP 3 and I've been wanting to publish new stuff on that game! My profile has over 700 hearts from back when I played on LBP2, and my most popular level passed 7k plays last year, and now I can't even update anything on those levels. :( 

But also because the last time the servers went up I was able to get all the online trophies done except the one for creating a playlist on PS3, as I didn't realize that trophy was considered an online one. My biggest fear is that they never get the server back up, and the PS3 version will be stuck at 99% forever, which would be insanely disappointing!

I’ve read that all the LittleBigPlanet/Sackboy games share the same servers, so when one comes back, they all will. 

Considering Sackboy is a new release on the PS5, it makes it massively in their interests to get the servers up and running ASAP, which will hopefully be the case :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roosta_141 said:

I’ve read that all the LittleBigPlanet/Sackboy games share the same servers, so when one comes back, they all will. 

Considering Sackboy is a new release on the PS5, it makes it massively in their interests to get the servers up and running ASAP, which will hopefully be the case :)

Agree.

1 minute ago, roosta_141 said:

Sackboy: A Big Adventure is not a shared server with LBP1, 2, and 3. Vita is also not a directly shared server, but does communicate with the 1, 2, and 3 servers for a lot of cross functionality.

Regardless, it'll be great to get the downed servers back up.

• Like 2

Just now, DaivRules said:

Sackboy: A Big Adventure is not a shared server with LBP1, 2, and 3. Vita is also not a directly shared server, but does communicate with the 1, 2, and 3 servers for a lot of cross functionality.

Regardless, it'll be great to get the downed servers back up.

But Sackboy servers are also down too I think?

Maybe they just took them offline, as an additional precaution. 

I’m in a LBP discord server which showed that the servers came back briefly on May 31st so they’re definitely working at it. 

On 5/28/2021 at 1:43 PM, THE-73est said:

Long time fan of the series but completly out of the loop. Why in the world would someone not like "the state of the game" is in 13 years after it has come out? I'm so confused, how derranged would an individual have to be to have a grudge on an old ass game. I don't get it.

I don’t get it either. But rest assured, there are plenty of people with too much free time on their hands who will use that time to make others miserable, unfortunately. Wish the people doing this would just shove off. 

• Like 4

Here's the latest on the LBP Vita servers, from the Community Manager:

As far as I've seen, this is the only official information specifically addressing the LBP Vita servers since they went down in April. Great news, but we still don't know how long it will take for the devs to restore online service.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Ozer928 said:

We might as well tag them on Twitter and ask if there's any progress made?

Some people have been doing so recently, but no official reply has come. 
The servers did come back online very briefly on June 30th, so there’s still hope ?

• Like 1

I've been following their Facebook page, and they're still posting random things about their games, but nothing server related. Luckily myself and a few others have consistently been asking for server updates on their posts, and those comment are getting the most "likes," so the visibility is there!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roosta_141 said:

Servers came back online today for another short test. 
Hopefully soon 1f64f.png

How long were they on for? A few minutes/hours?

Maybe I'll get lucky and manage to get online the same moment they're on so I can pop my last trophy on PS3 (create a playlist). :P