Life is Strange Remastered Collection coming February 2022

10 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

"No, apparently is it a PS4 game being remastered for the PS4. We have reached the pinnacle of remaster spam." 

The first game was on PS3, and it got a porting for PS4. 

Now this instead is a remastered version, it's a different thing. 

Yes, the game was designed for Ps3. Before the Storm for ps4 tho

13 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

"No, apparently is it a PS4 game being remastered for the PS4. We have reached the pinnacle of remaster spam." 

The first game was on PS3, and it got a porting for PS4. 

Now this instead is a remastered version, it's a different thing. 

Yeah, but the point is the game was released on the PS4. Listen, I'm not against remasters and ports and stacks. I just feel like this was a story driven game, that was hardly a graphical powerhouse to begin with. It's not like the currently available version is unplayable or has aged terribly. It was a great game and doesn't really benefit from upgraded graphics. There would be better options if you really needed to upgrade some late gen PS3/early gen PS4 games.

Hell, give me a Remember Me remaster if Dontnod is really bored.

But at this point, with PS4 at end of life, if you really need to remaster LiS, at least do it for the PS5.

9 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Yeah, but the point is the game was released on the PS4. Listen, I'm not against remasters and ports and stacks. I just feel like this was a story driven game, that was hardly a graphical powerhouse to begin with. It's not like the currently available version is unplayable or has aged terribly. It was a great game and doesn't really benefit from upgraded graphics. There would be better options if you really needed to upgrade some late gen PS3/early gen PS4 games.

Hell, give me a Remember Me remaster if Dontnod is really bored.

But at this point, with PS4 at end of life, if you really need to remaster LiS, at least do it for the PS5.

Yes, I understand your point, and completely agree with you. It's not necessary, the PS4 version was already fine and doesn't need graphics improvements, but, this is the trend in these days, remaster and collection. 

The only reason to buy this is if you never experienced any of the Life is Strange games before. A bundle might be better than buying each game separately.

Regardless, I doubt if I will ever play another Life is Strange game ever again. I wasn't too particularly pleased with Life is Strange. They changed voice actors for Chloe in Life is Strange: Before the Storm. Life is Strange 2 looks like your boring, overly melodramatic teen drama bullshit with the usual preppy kids and overly sensitive, butthurt teens who become a focal point in the story.

These games are not for me, so I won't bother playing them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Then you aren’t looking in the right direction, because, while that might be seen as a (very reductive) description of LiS1 or LiS:Before the Storm, it bears literally no resemblance to LiS2.

I think you watched the wrong trailer or something, because, regardless of opinions on how successful LiS2 was, this description is about as accurate to LiS2 as it is to Call of Duty.

I really like AJ, he's a nice guy. But it's funny how literally all things fall into "hypersensitive crap these days" lul, I just can't help but laugh??

Just now, kevao97 said:

I really like AJ, he's a nice guy. But it's funny how literally all things fall into "hypersensitive crap these days" lul, I just can't help but laugh1f606.png1f639.png

I do too - I bear him no ill-will, but... yeah.

At a certain point, if that much of the world feels wrong to you, surely you have to start asking yourself, is the problem external... or internal...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

At a certain point, if that much of the world feels wrong to you, surely you have to start asking yourself, is the problem external... or internal...

I mean, the world is absolutely ruined and if you stop to think deeply about things insanity can knock on the door, but as rational beings we must adapt and deal with this shit (sorry for getting off topic, just want to point out)

50 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

God, I hope they fixed the horrible lip synch to make the characters look less like robots and the audio with the voices, although that might be difficult to do.

I’m pretty sure new lip sync was something they announced in this week’s press conference. Although guess we’ll have to wait and see quite how much better it’ll be

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Then you aren’t looking in the right direction, because, while that might be seen as a (very reductive) description of LiS1 or LiS:Before the Storm, it bears literally no resemblance to LiS2.

I think you watched the wrong trailer or something, because, regardless of opinions on how successful LiS2 was, this description is about as accurate to LiS2 as it is to Call of Duty.

I agree, I expected LiS 2 to be a teen drama and it even started that way until very fast turn of events. Was pleasantly surprised with LiS 2 and enjoyed it more than 1st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

I really like AJ, he's a nice guy. But it's funny how literally all things fall into "hypersensitive crap these days" lul, I just can't help but laugh??

Would you maybe say he seems... hypersensitive to it?

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I mean, the world is pretty shitty once you distance yourself from the usual layers of "that's just how the world is" that people use to ward off existential despair. Or if you just happen to be born into the wrong social castes. I don't think either is the problem here, it's just a matter of being stuck in a cycle of being angry at people for being angry about things.

• Like 1

Refering to the comparison trailer it looks like a very cheap remaster. Reminds me of the rerelease of the TWD Collection into the Telltale Definitive Edition. It was all ps4. Before the trailer i thought it was going to be a ps5 only bonus (which made sense), but now its just a cash grab imo. Biggest troll move would be if they would reuse the ps4 trophy list lmao.

3 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

God, I hope they fixed the horrible lip synch to make the characters look less like robots and the audio with the voices, although that might be difficult to do.

⬇️

14 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Vastly improved character animation using full facial mocap performance (*featured in Life is Strange Remastered only*)

I really enjoyed the game, mostly because of the sci-fi elements, but yeah, the animation was terrible. Strange that the trailer doesn't show off those changes, but maybe they're still working on it.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I did in fact watch gameplay footage. It's about two Hispanic American brothers running away from the police. A slew of problems arises throughout the game, which if you recall from Telltale Games, they basically set that standard. Life is Strange in ways did a better job in telling a story than most Telltale Games, which I will admit were generally slapped on together probably because TellTale was going down the shitter in the years after The Walking Dead.

I don't like heavily story driven games. They bore me to fucking tears. That's why I'm not playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice despite everything that's been said about it. It may be great for you and many others on this website who enjoy story driven games. I want my games to have a more pure focus on engaging gameplay. Life is Strange 2 is mostly a story unfolding and emphasis on character development, which is of utmost importance in any heavily story driven game. Gameplay wise it is utterly mediocre.

It's not just AAA production or AA production level games, I also don't like a lot of indie games that put a huge focus on story and just the story.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I did in fact watch gameplay footage. It's about two Hispanic American brothers running away from the police. A slew of problems arises throughout the game, which if you recall from Telltale Games, they basically set that standard. Life is Strange in ways did a better job in telling a story than most Telltale Games, which I will admit were generally slapped on together probably because TellTale was going down the shitter in the years after The Walking Dead.

I don't like heavily story driven games. They bore me to fucking tears. That's why I'm not playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice despite everything that's been said about it. It may be great for you and many others on this website who enjoy story driven games. I want my games to have a more pure focus on engaging gameplay. Life is Strange 2 is mostly a story unfolding and emphasis on character development, which is of utmost importance in any heavily story driven game. Gameplay wise it is utterly mediocre.

It's not just AAA production or AA production level games, I also don't like a lot of indie games that put a huge focus on story and just the story.

I'm not saying you have to like it, or that avoiding a game because it isn't in your wheelhouse is wrong - I'm just saying that - irrespective of personal taste - the description you had of what you though Life is Strange 2 was, was just factually wrong.

Not in terms of taste or quality, but simply in terms of actual understanding of what the core concepts of the game actually are.

The descriptors you used could be levelled at LiS or LiS:BtS, (not by me, as I liked them, but it would be a perfectly adequate, if totally reductive argument about those games,) but not at LiS2 - it is playing in a distinctly different narrative arena from the first two.

That is, in fact, the primary reason it is so divisive among fans of the first two games - precisely because it isn't the, "overly melodramatic teen drama bullshit with the usual preppy kids and overly sensitive, butthurt teens" that you disliked so much... and I liked a lot ?.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm not saying you have to like it, or that avoiding a game because it isn't in your wheelhouse is wrong - I'm just saying that - irrespective of personal taste - the description you had of what you though Life is Strange 2 was, was just factually wrong.

Not in terms of taste or quality, but simply in terms of actual understanding of what the core concepts of the game actually are.

I've experienced many games in the past that I had very bad first impressions on that turned out to be quite good. But no matter how many people tell me Life is Strange 2 is worth playing, or I should experience it, it's just not my kind of game at all.

There was a lot in the original Life is Strange that I didn't like. Max and Chloe had several bonding moments that resonated with me, but that was the only thing that really stood out.

Life is Strange 2 is probably more in-depth than something like that old Nickelodeon show Zoey 101, where it literally was about teen drama and Jamie Lynn Spears going to some pretty, upper middle/low rich highschool. That was aimed purely at a kid - teen audience, whereas Life is Strange 2 can resonate with a lot of middle aged adults, despite the characters being kids in their late teens.

Yeah..... just not feeling this one.