Completed Games

amebapiko

I'll start this post by thinking the same thing myself a few months ago - and took some time to to think about it.

We actually it is fair in my opinion - you have the plat to say that the base game is 100% complete, that is the best metric - fully completed games include DLC, which makes sense.

In the same way, your completion rate includes DLC :)

Both of these make sense and are the best ratios possible, as there are already other metrics available for the stats asked

Edited by Memnoch
  • Like 4

How would that work for games like littleBigPlanet 1 and mirrors edge?

You mean dlc added before it was actually recognised as a dlc?

Well it won't work.

I'll start this post by thinking the same thing myself a few months ago - and took some time to to think about it.

We actually it is fair in my opinion - you have the plat to say that the base game is 100% complete, that is the best metric - fully completed games include DLC, which makes sense.

That was the only thing that kind of counted this. You get the platinum trophy to show the base game is complete.

I just felt it was mainly for the stats sake, if you forget the platinum, if that makes any sense.

I don't think that the "Completed Games" statistic is a fair representation of your actual completed games. You may think it is the truthful amount of completed games but I disagree and feel there's room for extended accuracy. People may have completed 100% without the downloadable content in which they have not purchased and therefore won't be adding to the completed games count.

My suggestion is to have the "Completed Games" statistic for the Base Game but for obvious purposes add a "DLC Completed" statistic also.

It was just something I had in my head from yesterday, just an idea, nothing major, any opinions on this?

I agree, its like in Red Dead Redemption, you have to get 100% completion in the game, without the DLC's. You get the game complete but not 100% of the trophies, it's diferent things. I hava the platinum for Uncharted 3, but because I don't have the DLC's I only have 51% of the trophies, and that doesn't count as a completed game, but it is completed. DLC's are only extras, they should count separatly from the base game.

• Like 1

Maybe what is needed is a base games completed stat.  This would be different from the platinum count as it would include non-platinum games but would exclude dlc.  As someone who doesn't in general buy dlc I would find this interesting as it would give me a clearer idea of how I am doing and is a number that cannot at the moment be deduced from the stats available on the site.

• Like 2

AMAZING IDEA THAT SHOULD HAPPEN

What if you see someone with 10 platinums but all of them have DLCs so it says 0 completed. C'mon, it's a little bit sad. Or instead of completed games;  "Platinumed Games" or "Games Platinumed".

Edited by Amonares

Completed is completed. "I got the plat but I didn't do the DLC" is not completed. You get the plat as the reward for getting the plat, you get 100% completionas the reward for getting 100% completion. Yes, I'm speaking in trueisms because I think it's obvious what "completed" means.

• Like 1

you get the limited edition... its really cheap only like 10 dollars

Wat. This just proves that it's a bad idea. If you have a version of the game with all the trophies, and one with some of the trophies, then one "core game" includes the 100% and one doesn't, so what do you count as "extra" for this proposed metric? What about stuff like The Walking Dead Vita that is, to my knowledge, only available with the 400 Days DLC included? Surely having a "DLC completed" extra for that makes no sense?

So, basically, we're left with an inconsistent, messy "feature" that would need to be done by hand for about 2,500 games. Joy of joys. Let's not.

• Like 2