Trophies to Fight Cancer (Event)

Custom Badge Designs Questionnaire!  

335 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pink character would you like on your badge?

• Shionne (Tales of Arise)
    • Rin (Catherine)
    • Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    • Fetch (Infamous)
    • Poison (Street Fighter V)
  2. 2. Which Orange character would you like on your badge?

• Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
    • Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
    • Kazuha (Genshin Impact)
    • May (Guilty Gear)
    • Yosuke (Persona 4/Dancing All Night/Arena)

This poll is closed to new votes

Turning in my last game for the event, I wish I could have done more.  I am not 100% sure on this one, it was just the next game I felt like playing so if it doesn't count no worries.  Though I will post why I think it should count, but again I am not the final judge so no worries if it doesn't.

Too me it look like some orange in the background, especially on the lower left hand corner, so to be sure I put the image through color picker and selected right above the weird little blemish in the bottom left hand corner and got this:

Colorpicker.png

Then I looked up the hex number #9f3e15 and got this:

colorhexa.png

Which calls it Dark Orange (Brown tone) so I thus why I am not hundred percent sure, and posted it with why I think it counts as an orange.

If it all is good, it will put my count to:

1 pink

1 orange. 

Either way, thanks this was a fun event to follow and see all the games people were playing.

• Like 1

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

As a reminder this event ends approximately 24 hours from now. You need to report your games on this forum beforehand for them to count. Either @Beyondthegrave07 or myself will post when the time is up and any posts after that specific post will not  count. No exceptions!

Happy hunting

• Like 4

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Some updates;

Orange #7 - Assault on Metaltron

Lbf1125.png

I paid about a buck for this on sale and it was a decent tower defense game. Definitely requires 2 controllers to plat though. A few tricky levels, but well worth the price (it's still on sale for a couple more days too!)

Pink #7 - Falcon Age

L46b831.png

Bit of a weird game, another fairly cheap sale pick up. Dialogue was pretty bad, but the game had a unique mechanic and I enjoyed it for what it was.

Pink #8 - Chess Knights Shinobi

Lf94263.png

All the Chess Knights games are in the current sale, I did most of this without a guide. A few tricky levels, but BadDriver has a full walkthrough for the few that really leave you stuck.

@Beyondthegrave07 - when does the event actually end? I hope to get one more Orange in, but not sure if I have another 24 or so hours, or if it is ending in just a few hours from now?

You got around 23.5 hours left from this post. Ends technically 11:59:59 PM GMT on November 30th.

3 hours ago, Paintnapper said:

I need to add 1 more orange with 8 bit adventure anthology. My total should be 7 with that one. That will do it for me, thank you for putting on such a great even it was a lot of fun!

Sorry, both Grave and I checked the thumbnail and we don't see any orange on it.

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Does 8-Bit Adventure Anthology Volume I counts for Orange? If so i completed it a few days ago, that'd increase my stats +1 then. I doubt it counts though...

Lbcb3b0.png

Ironically you are the 2nd person to report this game within the past few hours. The answer is no.

1 hour ago, Spinacheq said:

Turning in my last game for the event, I wish I could have done more.  I am not 100% sure on this one, it was just the next game I felt like playing so if it doesn't count no worries.  Though I will post why I think it should count, but again I am not the final judge so no worries if it doesn't.

Too me it look like some orange in the background, especially on the lower left hand corner, so to be sure I put the image through color picker and selected right above the weird little blemish in the bottom left hand corner and got this:

Colorpicker.png

Then I looked up the hex number #9f3e15 and got this:

colorhexa.png

Which calls it Dark Orange (Brown tone) so I thus why I am not hundred percent sure, and posted it with why I think it counts as an orange.

If it all is good, it will put my count to:

1 pink

1 orange. 

Either way, thanks this was a fun event to follow and see all the games people were playing.

We are going with No on this. Someone else in October tried to ask the same question and we said no earlier. The eye test (which is what we start with before diving into hex colors) says brown.

• Like 1

Woohoo, I managed to finish in time! One more (just barely?) Pink game for the books! What a beautiful game this was too.

BtigC0x.png #246 - Sayonara Wild Hearts

6CEmDgl.png

This will be my very last submission. Thanks so much to our gracious and generous host @Beyondthegrave07 for putting on this wonderful community event, and @DrBloodmoney for saving us. And of course, amazing job to each & every one of you who participated. You guys are awesome! I’m kinda blown away by how many games got finished in such a short time frame. It’s great to see the community coming together for something like this. ?

• Like 4

I have one final entry, completed just a short time ago!

GRIS

L6e1fe7.png

This is my 2nd pink entry, and 5th completed game overall.  I'll just have to wrap up Sense once this event ends. :D

@Beyondthegrave07, thanks for hosting such a great event, and for going above and beyond (no pun intended!).  As previously mentioned, once I complete Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story, I will donate £5 for each of my completed games (Burly Men at Sea, Degrees of Separation, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!, Gris) (and later Sense) to Cancer Research UK, to do my bit. :)

Edited by StewartBros
  • Like 3

On 31/10/2021 at 9:36 PM, WDB_Chaotic said:
  1. Making my first submissions 

Got the Plat in Ugly Dolls. Gonna use it for pink as seen in the letters plus one of the main characters Moxy is pink so I feel thats the most applicable

L6af4ec.png

Also managed to plat Nickelodeon Kart Racers. The Nickelodeon Logo is orange so feels like a no brainer 

L53a808.png

Halfway through Operation Tango so hope to finish that for orange. Might do Balan Wonderland for Pink

didnt end up finishing anymore games unfortunately, got distracted by fifa.

I did ask for ugly dolls to be a pink game but on the Main post is has me down as 2 oranges? would it be possible to change it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Okay, for REAL last one:

L9f2a7e.png\

Va-11 Hall-a is obviously pink. Don't play this game. That's all I'm going to say.

But I'm not going to let any weirdness dull my enthusiasm! Just wanted to thank @Beyondthegrave07 for starting this event, and every one of the brave souls who have decided to match them in the donations. I've been putting a big FUCK CANCER in every one of my posts, and that really comes from the heart for me. My grandfathers on both sides of the family died of lung cancer and brain cancer, one grandmother of mine is currently battling cervical cancer (she's doing well, thankfully), and more topically, a close friend of the family just had to go through a few operations to fight off breast cancer. This is really something that means a lot to me, so completing each one of these games through this month has felt like something tangible I can do to help make sure other people don't have to go through that. I'm unfortunately not really in a position to be giving away that much money, no matter how noble these causes are, but I'm so glad that people that can are willing to do so here. Congrats to everyone who participated in this event, for doing what they can to help fight this shitty disease. Even if you just played one game, that's still more than you would have done otherwise. Well done!

I might just be blind, but I can't actually see what organization(s) the money is going to in the main post. If that could be clarified I'd love that. Once again, thanks for the fantastic event!

My mom helps run a local Relay for Life team that's part of the American Cancer Society. I told her a while back that I would donate to her team as a thank you for stuff she did during COVID shutdown like grab groceries, TP, medicine, etc.

If you want to read more about it, follow this link. https://www.cancer.org/involved/fundraise/relay-for-life.html. I'd recommend others to take a look too and see if there's a local team near you and get involved.

• Like 3

Posting a few others if I'm not too late. Was slowed down a lot due to my mother dealing with cancer at the moment & my partner breaking her leg. Anyhow, I think these all qualify. Congrats to everyone involved. It was fun whenever I could participate. 

All Orange 

Kill It With Fire

L2c432c.png

Tina's Toy Factory

L470f5f.png

Trenga Unlimited

L1b6d0a.png

Wardogs: Red's Return

L26f8d6.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WDB_Chaotic said:

didnt end up finishing anymore games unfortunately, got distracted by fifa.

I did ask for ugly dolls to be a pink game but on the Main post is has me down as 2 oranges? would it be possible to change it

I'll talk to Grave to update the original post, but I'll go ahead and say on the Google Doc I'm using (which is what I think we are submitting to DrBloodMoney) I have you down for 1 and 1. Grave and I are going to compare after the event is over to make sure we are matching at the end and clear up any discrepancies that we have before having the badges created.

1 hour ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

Posting a few others if I'm not too late. Was slowed down a lot due to my mother dealing with cancer at the moment & my partner breaking her leg. Anyhow, I think these all qualify. Congrats to everyone involved. It was fun whenever I could participate. 

All Orange 

Kill It With Fire

L2c432c.png

Tina's Toy Factory

L470f5f.png

Trenga Unlimited

L1b6d0a.png

Wardogs: Red's Return

L26f8d6.png

Nope you still have time. Sorry to hear about your mom and your partner. I hope for a speedy recovery for both of them.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:42 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

fair enough, then here's another Orange for sure.

Ma416ca.png 61.48%

Just want to let you know we are good with this one now that the 2 week reprise is over with.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 9:37 PM, Xylobe said:

Adding one more of each color to my total at the 11th hour:

Hide contents

Pink:

L909898.png

Orange:
L209494.png

Big thanks to everyone involved with organizing this, everyone who participated, and everyone who decided to pledge!

Just want to let you know we are good with A Short Hike now since the 2 week reprise is over with.

• Like 2

Orange #8 - Captain Cat

L9cab05.png

Cute game, some definitely tricky levels. And a few glitched trophies to boot.

I think that's it for me. Should be 8 Pink/8 Orange. I'm happy with my month. Played some games I wouldn't have necessarily played, cleaned out some backlog, and found some gems in the list along the way. And for a good cause to boot!

Thanks for hosting this @Beyondthegrave07 and @Starrk_01 for helping with tracking. Hope we didn't break the bank and can do this again in the future :)

• Like 2

EGGQShh.png

orange #1 — The Pathless

pink #1 — Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!

orange #2 — First Class Trouble

pink #2 — Spacebase Startopia

orange #3 — Balan Wonderworld

pink #3 — Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX

orange #4 — Overcooked! All You Can Eat

—————————————————————————

orange count: 4

pink count: 3

total count: 7

Neko.O

• Like 3