Best TVs for Ps5

VladFrezZ

I've been using the LG CX since March and I'm mostly happy with it. It has a few issues (such as noticeable near-black level luminance overshoot or no DTS audio support), but it's a great TV overall. The C1 is supposed to be a slightly better version of the CX, so I don't think you can go too wrong there. Definitely do a lot of research though, there might be better options out there.

10 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I can't recommend OLED, very poor TVs unless you don't mind paying more for something that has the lowest life. If you do get one, make sure you get a warranty that includes burn in. 

Modern oled tvs are much better at preventing burn in compared to the previous gen models so unless you're gaming 16 hours a day playing shit like fifa or watching news all day, i wouldn't worry too much about burn in. Currently have 3000 hours on the cx with no burn in whatsoever and I game 8 hours a day on average.

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Modern oled tvs are much better at preventing burn in compared to the previous gen models so unless you're gaming 16 hours a day playing shit like fifa or watching news, i wouldn't worry too much about burn in. Well over 6000 hours on the cx with no burn in whatsoever and I game 8 hours a day on average.

Didn't that TV come out mid last year? 6000+hrs? 

HDMI 2.1

I bought the Sony X9000H, Also known as 90h,900h. Lots of firmware updates and I think it's superseded by the 900J? though they have little difference. I think it's cheaper then oled? I've had this for a year now and very happy with it. Even the PS3 and Vita TV looks great on it.

11 hours ago, blake__306 said:

I have a 4K Samsung TV and it looks amazing. My biggest piece of advice is to get a TV with a 24Ohz refresh rate. You may have to pay a bit extra extra, but once I got a 240hz TV, I'm never going back. Makes a huge difference. 

This isn't good advice. Most 240hz tv's achieve that through post-processing, which tends to add an ABSURD amount of input lag. You might not be sensitive to it but in general, it's absolutely unacceptable for games that require precise timing like fighters, shoot-em-ups, and rhythm games. Game mode on 240hz tv's will immediately disable any post-processing, which will simply have the tv output at a generic 60hz.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, SegaJAM said:

This isn't good advice. Most 240hz tv's achieve that through post-processing, which tends to add an ABSURD amount of input lag. You might not be sensitive to it but in general, it's absolutely unacceptable for games that require precise timing like fighters, shoot-em-ups, and rhythm games. Game mode on 240hz tv's will immediately disable any post-processing, which will simply have the tv output at a generic 60hz.

My bad, my TV is actually 120hz and I accidentally said 240hz.

• Like 1

The LG CX or LG C1 are the gold standard when it comes to gaming TVs. The only reason to seek something else is if you're concerned with burn-in, which is a small, but significant risk with those sets (and most OLED TVs, really).

I personally use a 75-inch Samsung Q900 8K TV, and I love it. It's not as great as the CX for C1 or gaming, but it's still a very gamer-friendly TV that meets my needs.

Finally, if auto-game mode is a priority for you, I'd go with the Sony A90J, as the PlayStation 5 doesn't play nicely with non-Sony TVs in this regard. This is only an issue if you're using your PS5 and a 4k Blu-ray player or streaming device. For what it's worth, the I use a PS5 for 4k Blu-rays, and an Apple TV for streaming, so the PlayStation 5's refusal to play nice with my TV in this regard is annoying, but not deal-breaking.

Edited by Karnacharya
Added additional information.

31 minutes ago, Karnacharya said:

The LG CX or LG C1 are the gold standard when it comes to gaming TVs. The only reason to seek something else is if you're concerned with burn-in, which is a small, but significant risk with those sets (and most OLED TVs, really).

I personally use a 75-inch Samsung Q900 8K TV, and I love it. It's not as great as the CX for C1 or gaming, but it's still a very gamer-friendly TV that meets my needs.

Finally, if auto-game mode is a priority for you, I'd go with the Sony A90J, as the PlayStation 5 doesn't play nicely with non-Sony TVs in this regard. This is only an issue if you're using your PS5 and a 4k Blu-ray player or streaming device. For what it's worth, the I use a PS5 for 4k Blu-rays, and an Apple TV for streaming, so the PlayStation 5's refusal to play nice with my TV in this regard is annoying, but not deal-breaking.

Oddly the Auto game mode doesn't always work on the PS5 according to YT. The Auto HDR mode does work on PS5 though it is quite inaccurate and needs a manual adjust, this applies to 90J and H. Might be fixed with a firmware update but I honestly think that anyone who is making a new TV purchase would be better leaning how to do these things themselves rather then using Auto modes.

Wow Oled is expensive, holy crap.

14 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

I can't recommend OLED, very poor TVs unless you don't mind paying more for something that has the lowest life. If you do get one, make sure you get a warranty that includes burn in. 

Umm...what? I've had an OLED TV for 3 years now and there's no burn-in because I got routine pixel refreshers enabled on my LG C7.

Anyway, if yous wanna know the best TV to get for gaming, I recommend checking out rtings.com. They test the important stuff like input lag in a TV's gaming mode.

Edited by Eraezr

14 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Burn-in isn't really an issue anymore for modern OLED televisions. They have a lot of built-in prevention systems that help mitigate the risk almost completely now. You have to purposefully be trying to get burn-in for it to happen, and even then it would take a while. It's really nothing to worry about so long as you do the minimum to look after your TV (not leaving it on a news or sports channel 24/7, allow it to run its pixel refresh routines, keeping it out of direct sunlight etc.) 

As others have said, the LGs are probably the best TVs out there. I've been using the CX for the past year and it's amazing. Has everything you need and you'll be pretty future proofed too. ALLM, VRR (for if/when PS5 gets these features), HDMI 2.1 so you can enjoy 120fps gaming on the games that support it, fantastic picture quality etc. You can't really go wrong. The C1 is just the newer model and there usually isn't a big difference apart from price, so if you can get the CX for cheaper than the C1 then I would go for that.

Edited by The Alchemist
  • Like 1

I play on a 24 inch BenQ monitor that I bought about 5 years ago. Graphics are good, smooth gameplay, can’t complain. If you really want outstanding graphics to pushing the boundaries of the PS5 then you should look at the other posts up above. I just wanted to mention what I play for the sake of it ? it’s very cheap and get’s the job done lol