Elden Ring - Gameplay Overview

dieselmanchild

32 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Shaping up to be great, lets hope it keeps going this way.

It looks pretty fantastic at first look. This might be From Software’s biggest masterpiece since their last biggest masterpiece.

The main difference here so far seems to be the open world aspect and the expansion of player agency. Allowing each person to decide exactly what path they carve through the world could potentially add a lot of replayability and make every run feel a lot different than the last.

I’m particularly interested to see how this shapes up and whether it will end up being highly impactful in the overall feel and experience, or whether the whole open world thing just ends up being an empty gimmick to draw people in. So far it looks pretty great!

• Like 1

GOTY 2021.

It's amazing like everything coming from Lord Miyazaki and FromSoftware. "BrUh BuT iTs  DaRk sOuLs 4" lol that's the idea i love it, the people complaining about the game  it's the same people that are always playing   the copypaste Ubisoft games lol and graphics are great, they have never done ultra realistic graphics so let's enjoy the masterpiece and Malenia the new waifu it's beautiful  i can't wait until february.

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

GOTY 2021.

It's amazing like anything coming from Lord Miyazaki and FromSoftware. "BrUh BuT iTs  DaRk sOuLs 4" lol that's the idea i love it, the people complaining about the game  it's the same people that are always playing the  the copypaste Ubisoft games lol and graphics are great, they have never done ultra realistic graphics so let's enjoy the masterpiece and Malenia the new waifu it's beautiful  it's can't wait until february.

Yeah there will always be some people whose expectations are just impossible to meet, up but generally it looks like the vast majority of people are hyped. And in my opinion, when it comes to the Soulsborne formula, more of the same is never a bad thing.

Elden Ring very clearly has elements from their previous games and follows the same basic formula that has made these games so successful, yet there looks to be enough innovation and unique aspects to give the game a unique identity of it’s own, exactly like how they did with Bloodborne and Sekiro.

Nobody can seriously claim those games were merely Dark Souls with a new coat of paint slapped on. Each one felt like a completely unique experience of it’s own, and based on what we’ve seen so far it looks like they’re going to achieve that once again with Elden Ring.

• Like 3

Same enemies, same combat, same sound effects (I swear I heard the dragon's cry used for another boss in the same trailer), same everything. Only differences to me are the open world, the horse jumping and the creature summoning in combat. A few new additions but not enough to get excited about on my end. Looks just like DS3 but open world. Might wait for a sale. 

As usual, the game world and characters all look awesome. The combat, also as usual, looks unnecessarily slow and dumpy. 

I do wonder about all those cool elemental attacks and the soul summoning. Like, will I be able to use that stuff often? Or will the materials required be rare enough that I have to save them for bosses? 

They also mentioned crafting, which is such a lame time waster in an open world game. It means I can't just go from here to there without looting a bunch of trees and shrubs.

The most player friendly part I saw was no apparent fall damage. That is the best.

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

I do wonder about all those cool elemental attacks and the soul summoning. Like, will I be able to use that stuff often? Or will the materials required be rare enough that I have to save them for bosses? 

I sure hope they’re an integral part of every combat encounter and not just a rare, special-attack sort of thing to unleash on bigger mobs and bosses. I also wonder if they will be available to everyone, or if the combat we were shown was specific to certain kinds of magic based builds? 

The spells and summoning abilities are among the more interesting looking aspects of this new game so I hope they are a big part of the game and can be used frequently.

• Like 1

Magic has always been something soulsborne struggled with, so I’m happy they’re working on it, but I really want the UI and the damage above the enemies’ heads to be shown, I care not about immersion in a world where dragons exist, but the numbers show your character slowly getting stronger as the game progresses, and it’s vital for the rpg part.

• Like 1

Well, preordering this one for sure. It's exactly what I wanted and expected + a jump button thank you From Software you needed an entire game (Sekiro) to develop that important mechanic xD

And no, the sprint - hop whatever that is in Soulsborne can't be considered "jumping". More like certain death by gravity.

Also...is this the first Fromsoft game to feature a map? ? it's the first Soulsborne/Sekiro game for sure!

Regardless, can't wait to play this bad boy and go all ninja on that map.

17 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

The beloved binoculars are back. Why tho idk <3

You can't make a proper "Amazing chest ahead" message without first using the binoculars. It is a KEY item in-game. Miyazaki knows his stuff.

Also you can use it to aim spells from a greater distance but that's besides the point xD

• Like 3

https://service-en.bandainamcoent.eu/app/detail/a_id/5459/m/ELDEN RING/

Elden Ring Specs and Compatibility 

Below you can find the game specs for Elden Ring as well as the compatibility options between old and new generation consoles. 

PlayStation 

PS4 

PS4Pro 

PS5 

Maximum resolution* 

Up to 1920x1080P 

Up to 3200x1800P1 

Up to 3840x2160P 

Framerate 

Up to 30 FPS 

Up to 30 FPS 

Up to 60 FPS2 

HDR* 

Supported 

Raytracing (via patch) 

- 

- 

Supported 

The PS4 version can be ported to PS5 and the save data can be transferred to the newest generation. However, the PS5 version cannot be ported to PS4. If you port your PS4 game to PS5 and continue to play, your saves files cannot be transferred back to PS4. 

• Like 3

So this influencer dude Iron Pineapple was part of an exclusive early look at the beta network test and uploaded 25-mins of incredible footage, packed with tons of details about the systems, mechanics, and areas featured in Elden Ring.

Highly recommend checking this out if you’re interested in how this game is shaping up. Check it:

Fextralife impressions and footage:

https://fextralife.com/i-played-70-hours-of-elden-ring-hands-on-impressions-preview-of-the-massive-network-test-and-all-mechanics-within/

Skill Up’s impressions and footage:

• Like 2