Account Sharing

MilesLunn

yeah its legal but they should not be aloud on the leader board (or an other leader bored should be created ) because solo trophy hunters like hakoom are having to compete with like 3 people on one account. but I don't like hakoom anyway he is a pure low life.

Hakoom, roughdawg, bieleric and all those other wankers should be removed from the leaderboards and there accounts banned permanently, I'm sick of them clogging up the leaderboards with there shitty game sharing accounts. We want legit players not full of game sharing ball bags.

Rant over.

I do agree with you when people do that cross saving thing like with the new sly cooper game just to get trophies it is annoying or playing Hannah Montana just to get a platinum. 

( if Hannah Montana is spelled wrong im sorry but I have never watched it )

Edited by cryax

isnt hakoom an account sharer though?... he was featured in a playstation magazine once, the writers claimed his account was rumoured to made up of 6 ppl with the alias 'hakoom' bein the first letter of each of their names BUT a rumour is just a rumour...

like the rumour im a eunock... :S

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 1

If they need to be removed from the leaderboards, the next discussion will be if boosters (probably 90% of the guys here) should also be removed from the list...

Ok, they get some games for free but they still have to earn/boost the trophies

Boosting is only done because some online trophies are based on luck. Also some online trophies are easy but some people don't have two PS3s or the confidence to ask for help. 

Edited by rhyperiorx

yeah its legal but they should not be aloud on the leader board (or an other leader bored should be created ) because solo trophy hunters like hakoom are having to compete with like 3 people on one account. but I don't like hakoom anyway he is a pure low life.

I do agree with you when people do that cross saving thing like with the new sly cooper game just to get trophies it is annoying or playing Hannah Montana just to get a platinum. 

( if Hannah Montana is spelled wrong im sorry but I have never watched it )

what has cross-saving got to do with account sharing? 

isnt hakoom an account sharer though?... he was featured in a playstation magazine once, the writers claimed his account was rumoured to made up of 6 ppl with the alias 'hakoom' bein the first letter of each of their names BUT a rumour is just a rumour...

like the rumour im a eunock... :S

aye he is a gamesharer, i can vouch for that because i remember the days when i wasnt really a trophy hunter and i was like wow look how many trophies this guy has so i tried adding him and he was like send a game to me. i was like WTF? this was about 3 years ago. but it doesnt make sense for him to have all those platinums within 3 years. its impossbile to do that alone. do ye know that rumour that you were talking about? id say that 100% true. 

what has cross-saving got to do with account sharing? 

aye he is a gamesharer, i can vouch for that because i remember the days when i wasnt really a trophy hunter and i was like wow look how many trophies this guy has so i tried adding him and he was like send a game to me. i was like WTF? this was about 3 years ago. but it doesnt make sense for him to have all those platinums within 3 years. its impossbile to do that alone. do ye know that rumour that you were talking about? id say that 100% true. 

Technically, if you actually math it down from 2008... Its possible to reach over 600 platinums within 5 years, if each platinum is 25hours... but thats average. There is no real way you could break it down.

I do think Hakoom is a team though, or someone with really no goddam life.

rubieno some sites do bans but only if the timestamps prove cheatin... account sharin i dont think is cheatin in my opinion but it is bendin the rules though...

im not sure about boostin?... i think boostin is ok to do and on alot of games (especially sports games) its crucial... if boostin was somehow phased out then how would anyone finish shoot em ups, fifa games, nfs, burnout paradise or lbp games? games like that actively require you to get game partners together... most gamers are very non sociable as it is so without abit of boostin they wouldnt get finished...

account sharin though is totally different from boostin, its 2 ppl from different regions (or as many ppl/regions as possible) sharin an account to finish games in minutes... its not fair on genuine gamers but such is life really

anyways they only spoil the fun of gamin for themselves i guess...

I don't judge boostin (I've done it myself once)  I certainly judge people that share an account but what can you do about it? Nothing really... If I would be account sharing and I would be ranked 3rd on the leaderboards, it wouldn't give me any satisfaction because I didn't accomplish it on my own

Technically, if you actually math it down from 2008... Its possible to reach over 600 platinums within 5 years, if each platinum is 25hours... but thats average. There is no real way you could break it down.

I do think Hakoom is a team though, or someone with really no goddam life.

He earns trophies for money, always wears the same clothes and I don't know if you have, but have you ever seen his couch lol?

He has absolutely no life!

lol You guys have a raging hard-on for Hakoom. I don't see the issue; did any of you plan on being at the top? haha

As for Roughdawg, don't mean to defend him as I know him, but he has openly come out that his account has been a team. But as of the last while I don't think he's had anybody else play on his account.

I personally don't see the problem, friends earning towards a common goal, working together, nothing to get butthurt over the top guys on an online leaderboard :)

Edited by Blazikiller
  • Like 1

If Account sharing is not illegal, it probably won't be stopped. If Account sharing was illegal or someone could be banned for it, I think Sony would have done something about it. Also you have to know the lifestyle these people have before you go accuse them of account sharing. 

Edited by rhyperiorx

Just to clear things up, this thread was for discussion of Permanent account sharing. I'm not talking about friends which play on your account once in a blue moon:P i'm talking about people who consistently share accounts to get lots of trophies. Also, this topic isn't to do with accounts sharing games together. The way i generally recognize account sharing is using the PSNProfiles stats: times of the day which trophies are earned, if the bars are consistent, then theyre possibly account sharing:p

You all seem to be a little jealous of this Hakoom fellow...

You all seem to be a little jealous of this Hakoom fellow...

ok i was on the iphone version of this site so the quote got messed up,  but i dont know if he was having a dig at me or not, but if he was he needs ti wind his neck in, hakkom and the rest of them need to be removed from the learderboards . there is no need for them at all. 

Edited by EternalChaos72

ok i was on the iphone version of this site so the quote got messed up,  but i dont know if he was having a dig at me or not, but if he was he needs ti wind his neck in, hakkom and the rest of them need to be removed from the learderboards . there is no need for them at all. 

You're more than welcome to start your own leaderboard website and make it so "trophy teams" aren't on the leaderboards. On this website, unless Sly changes his mind, if the trophies aren't hacked or obtained illegitimately there is no reason to remove them. 

Parker

You're more than welcome to start your own leaderboard website and make it so "trophy teams" aren't on the leaderboards. On this website, unless Sly changes his mind, if the trophies aren't hacked or obtained illegitimately there is no reason to remove them. 

Parker

Well maybe I will make my own website :angry:. With blackjack and hookers. You know what forget the website :pimp:

• Like 1

Account sharing is rather disappointing because there's no way if someone's actually doing it or not. For all I know, I could have the most trophies out of anyone who hasn't account shared, so it removes any real sense of competition from any leaderboards. The same goes for hacking, although there are at least ways to find out about that.

Since it's all up to Sony how it gets dealt with, I can't really get annoyed about it because it'd be pointless. I don't expect they'd be too happy about digital games being shared between a group of people but they probably couldn't care less about the trophies. It's all quite unfortunate that people have to cheat, but that's the way things are.

I wouldn't exactly say that trophies unlocked by teams are legitimate. If they are unlocked in a way that goes against Sony's Terms of Service then you can't really say it's all fine and dandy. What is it that makes you against hacking for trophies yet fine with trophy teams?

Edited by Shadiochao

Account sharing is rather disappointing because there's no way if someone's actually doing it or not. For all I know, I could have the most trophies out of anyone who hasn't account shared, so it removes any real sense of competition from any leaderboards. The same goes for hacking, although there are at least ways to find out about that.

Since it's all up to Sony how it gets dealt with, I can't really get annoyed about it because it'd be pointless. I don't expect they'd be too happy about digital games being shared between a group of people but they probably couldn't care less about the trophies. It's all quite unfortunate that people have to cheat, but that's the way things are.

I wouldn't exactly say that trophies unlocked by teams are legitimate. If they are unlocked in a way that goes against Sony's Terms of Service then you can't really say it's all fine and dandy. What is it that makes you against hacking for trophies yet fine with trophy teams?

If you hack a trophy is wasn't earned legitimately, if you are part of a trophy team the trophies are still earned legitimately but there are simply more people playing on one account. 

Personally, I really couldn't care less about hackers or trophy teams. I do find it funny that some posters come to these crazy conclusions about someones life based on their trophy count though. 

Parker

Well I found a few things in Hakoom's trophy log that stood out and questioned him about it, and all he could say was he did it himself, he does not account share he is legit. Yet having 2 trophies from different games earn at 0.02 seconds apart is not doing stuff alone.

And when I questioned him about how he could sell trophies and still have time for his own he said he had a team that did those for him and shared the money between them.

No matter how you spin that it is fishy.

If you hack a trophy is wasn't earned legitimately, if you are part of a trophy team the trophies are still earned legitimately but there are simply more people playing on one account. 

Personally, I really couldn't care less about hackers or trophy teams. I do find it funny that some posters come to these crazy conclusions about someones life based on their trophy count though. 

Parker

Individually, the trophies earned by teams have been unlocked legitimately and might not affect much, however if done enough it'll get to the point where it's impossible for a human who follows the ToS to compete. It might as well be a machine playing the account if there are trophies coming in around the clock even while a normal person would need to be sleeping.

It also wouldn't make any sense if I could combine my PSNProfile with someone else's, or just add any trophy I liked to it. That's no different from what's going on with hacking and account sharing.

I had a friend who game shared (which is where people exchange their account info and sign in as them on a separate ps3) to access their PSN DLC for free..but the price he paid was that he shared with too many people and now his account is pretty much screwed:

He can't use any DLC he bought, and can't update any Trophy Stats..I believe he said "it's because he game/account shared with 5 different people".

So there is a consequence placed by Sony 4 account sharers...but that's if 5 different ps3s are using the same account.

As 4 people being placed in a leader board, while account sharing seams pretty unfair especially for online leader board contests/events...4 instance I'm currently trying to get as many kills in RE6, and when i see some of the top leaders.

I notice they have #'s over what u would think is possible..and that can make u wonder "how can someone rack up soo many kills in a daily basis"..."A human needs their rest".

I mean an account is like ur ID It should only represent 1 person, not a group of people.

So me reading this topic thread @ least gave me another possible answer to my questions over how they do it, besides the obvious hacks.

I guess it's okay to use more people to get trophies(example MK 9/2011's 360 hour grind), but when u do it on events that are meant to contest the skills of people individually, then that's when it becomes a problem and is considered cheating.

Maybe there could be a legit reason to account share but it escapes me at the moment. If the intent isn't to necessarily combine trophy hunting efforts then I don't see it as wrong. It seems to be more risky than anything else imo...if one person does something bad with the account then they ruin things for the other person as well.

Surely timestamps is not a good method of telling a shared account anyways?

I routinely play a multiplayer ps3 game while also playing a vita game during loading screens/ waiting for people to join etc. I guess having multiple trophies earned across three systems would be a givaway, but with the release of the vita the 2 trophy method doesnt really hold water anymore.

Lets not forget also - the vita is locked to 1 account. I'm a cheat if my wife plays a game on the vita while i play on the ps3? I need to buy a second vita just so she can have a go, for fear she earns a trophy at the same time? c'mon.

(Im lucky she prefers the ipad games then i guess!)