Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Never done a challenge on here so I figured I may as well give this a go!

Here's my current lineup I want to try (subject to change):

1/10 - Oxenfree 

2/10 - Persona 5 Royal 

3/10 - Moving Out 

4/10 - Rise of the Tomb Raider 

5/10 - Shadow of the Tomb Raider

6/10 - Mass Effect 2 

7/10 - Call of Duty MW 3

8/10 - The Witness

9/10 - I Am Bread 

10/10 - Super Meat Boy

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Gwendly said:

2705.png 1/10 Burly Men at Sea (PSNProfiles)

2705.png 2/10 Astro's Playroom (PSNProfiles)

2705.png 3/10 Minecraft (PSNProfiles)

2705.png 4/10 Transistor (PSNProfiles)

2705.png 5/10 Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PSNProfiles)

274e.png 6/10 God Eater Resurrections (PSNProfiles)   

2705.png 7/10 Sekiro Shadows Die Twice (PSNProfiles)

2705.png 8/10 The Evil Within 2 (PSNProfiles)

274e.png 9/10 - Divinity Original Sin (PSNProfiles)

274e.png 10/10 - Shadow Warrior (Platprices)

Sekiro was a lot of fun, quite different from the previous From Soft outings. The only negative I would say is that unlocking all the skills took way too long. I picked up a cheap PS3 a week or so ago and was able to squeeze in inFAMOUS 2 and Dead Space to make Sekiro my 175th plat too - yay :D 

Congratulations Gwendly! Your name, post and hardest game have been added to the Bronze tier :)

On 16.2.2022 at 5:01 PM, winter_bird_22 said:

In the Binding of Isaac home stretch, just got my final character item unlock(Judas' Shadow, which happened to drop in the Chest on the run I unlocked it on xD) and now only need nine more items: (I am sure I unlocked all the secrets that aren't connected to these items.)

1. Raw Liver (secret room item)
  2. Steven (random gold chest, unlocked it by defeating the Steven Boss)
  3. Super Bandage (need to make a Super Bandage Girl, made the Super Meat Boy and almost got Super Bandage Girl but sadly Depths 1 was Double Trouble Room :()
  4. Blue Candle
  5. Red Candle
  6. Stopwatch (need to stop bombing the donation machine and donate a lot, back down below 300 coins :()
  7. Black Lotus (I saw this in another file but not seen it yet)
  8. MissingNo. (Luckily haven't seen this yet)
  9. Godhead (Need to farm angel rooms for this, found that RNG manipulates if you take an active item before rerolling it)

Doing Isaac Runs to use his D6 to reroll stuff. Holding on other games because I am seriously considering making Binding of Issac my next platinum. ;)

You Can "Bruteforce" the game btw :)

Got a lucky eden run with 4 Super Meat boys :D
Get the item to sacrafice + guppy cat makes u 9 lives = 2 super meat boys for free and 1 live left.
Had a total of 4 guyz :D they do the rest for u 

7 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Yeah! Great resource. And since they are so close you can take either number listed there since they show both the median and the mean. 

And anything between two numbers thats X.1+ can be used as either X or X+1 (ie, 6.3 can be a 6 or a 7)

Just keep in mind that list doesn't have any games from Nov 2018~ 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

On 2/17/2022 at 0:33 PM, PuRiZo-_- said:

You Can "Bruteforce" the game btw :)

Got a lucky eden run with 4 Super Meat boys :D
Get the item to sacrifice + guppy cat makes u 9 lives = 2 super meat boys for free and 1 live left.
Had a total of 4 guyz :D they do the rest for u 

You mean use Sacrificial Altar? That item isn't in base Rebirth, and I am only using base Rebirth to ensure I keep track of everything. All I need now are Steven(which requires a lucky gold chest), the Super Bandage Girl and the three items requires you to donate coins to the donation machine, which constantly jams when I try to donate a lot of money to it. Highest amount I got was 22 coins before it jammed. I might just spam Isaac Runs until D6 gets me the Book of Revelations and hope for a Ball of Bandages from Famine.

Oh, an MissingNo, but I'm saving THAT for last because of its nasty ability to reroll your inventory every floor and I haven't found it in a secret room yet.

On other games, I forgot to update:

1/10: My Aunt Is a Witch (PlatPrices)
2/10: Mythic Ocean (PlatPrices)

3/10: The Tower of Deadly Monsters (PSNProfiles)
4/10: Ni No Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch (PSNProfiles)
5/10: Disgaea 1 Complete (PSNProfiles)
6/10: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PSNProfiles)
7/10: Kingdom Hearts - Re:Chain of Memories (PSNProfiles)

8/10: Disgaea 4 Complete+ (PSNProfiles)

9/10: ?

10/10: The Binding of Isaac (PlatPrices)

Haven't figured out my 9/10 yet. Might change up a few games because the rest are all RPGs so they would take a lot of time. Of course, I need to remember that I have 10 months to do these and Isaac is nearly done. :D

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, dark_moon689 said:

2nd Update, another game is done. I still haven't found a game I want to do for number 1 or any that I can realistically do for number 10. The ones that I like that would fit I've already finished, maybe if I can get a visual novel that looks interesting.

274e.png   1/10 -

2705.png   2/10 - Murdered: Soul Suspect (PSNP) 02/01/2022

274e.png   3/10 -

2705.png   4/10 -  Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (PlatPrices) 02/18/2022

274e.png   5/10 - 

274e.png   6/10 -

2705.png   7/10 -  Yakuza 0 (PSNP) 02/01/2022

274e.png   8/10 -

274e.png   9/10 -

274e.png  10/10 -

Try Doki Doki Literature Club for your 1. It tells a very interesting story. If I could make a suggestion for 10 try Jump King or Atari Flashback Classics volume 2. Both are pretty manageable if you abuse cloud saves. 

• Like 2

Good news! I am almost close to getting Real Platinum God in Binding of Isaac and the platinum trophy! I just need one more item to get 100% Items, the Super Bandage. That will be a pain as I haven't created a Super Bandage Girl yet. I usually get a Cube of Meat from Famine and when I do get a Ball of Bandages, the first Caves boss is not Pestilence. I got Famine and Pestilence once... and then got The Fallen on Depths 1. I may have to spam farm Book of Revelations, and even then, my journey might be stopped on Womb 1 because of the 50% chance of getting Conquest instead of Death. :(

But I'll get it, I swear. I'm probably going to make Binding of Isaac my 300th platinum. (Only nine more platinum trophies to go!)

• Like 1