Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

8 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Update number two! It's been an alright week!

Update #3

Starting Completion: 49.21%
Last week Completion: 49.14%
Current Completion: 49. 40%
Goal: 55%

Now officially higher than I was at the start of the year! Huzzah!

Completed Games

Star Wars Battlefront II
My Friend Pedro

Current Games

Assassins Creed Unity 

I've not touched this since Update #2 and it's fast falling out of favour. Still on riddles and collectables and with the co-op to do. My plan is to do it via Remote Play when I'm watching TV with my wife in the evenings so it feels like less of a dull grind. We'll get there. 

My Friend Pedro

Awww yeah baby it's done. Jesus, some of those levels you need to S-Rank are pains in the ass. One of them I played over one hundred times and a couple of times I was less than 100 points off of the S-rank. We're talking the difference between getting 249,900 and 250,000 in terms of a score, so 100 points is nothing. Great game - glad to be rid of it.

Control

Really enjoying Control although I find some of the design decisions a little frustrating (only because there is so much cool stuff to play with mind you). Still on course for an end of February Platinum and then I'll probably aim for the 100% by the end of the year. At this stage I'm about half way through the story and picking up most of the extra curricular trophies as I go. It's great fun and I'm enjoying all aspects of it. 

Deep Rock Galactic 

Very much a long term project this one but we made some more progress this week - mostly the odd bronze trophy here and there. My plan is to hit the 100 solo missions trophy and then venture into the multiplayer side of things. I can't decide if that is going to be a good or bad thing at this stage but I've approached @HuntingFever so that I've got at least one familiar face in the party :D

New Games

Nothing new started this week but I'm considering my options once either Control or AC Unity is done. I'm currently torn between:

Starting Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (will sink my % but I'm mindful there are online elements and it runs the risk of closing at some stage). 
Horizon Zero Dawn (need to do the DLC and the New Game Plus/Max Difficulty playthrough)
Other games in my profile that have online elemnts (Tricky Towers, NFS: Heat, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted 4, The Division etc) 

If anyone has any thoughts or opinions, let me know.

You're all doing bloody fantastic so far, yes even you reading this right now. Keep at it. Ambition is critical but pace is essential! 

That's it! Happy hunting everyone!

I'll gladly help on some of your mp boosts if we ever had syncing schedules 

• Like 1

Little late to the party, but I plan on dropping a number of games on my profile to motivate me to play through them.  I'd like to join, but for now, I am uncertain as to how low my percentage is going to drop.  I plan on adding Uncharted 2 & 3, Dark Souls 2, infamous 2, R&C3, plus give or take another title or 2.  Saying I'm at 76 games played, it should drop it by a decent amount.  If its too late to join, not a big deal as I'm planning on adding the games regardless as a personal goal.  Look forward to hearing from you guys.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Another Monday, another update!

Pretty bad week in terms of progress...

Demon Souls - PS5

Oh boy....pretty demotivating week. I needed to farm pure black bladestone and it just didn't want to drop. After hours (!) of grinding; no result. I need it for a ring (which will result in a trophy ; finding 30 rings). So I will now try to do that in NG+. Fingers crossed it will drop. Wanted to do the online trophies this weekend and nobody summoned me for beating a boss together and I was only summoned 3 times for a PvP. One I lost and 2 I lost connection with. Not a good week at all. On the bright side; I am halfway through my NG+ so it must be doable to get this finished...

Hit me up if you need a boost on the online trophies. Unfortunately, I only farmed one pure bladestone and used it. It was the one time luck was with me on a RNG drop and I got it on my first attempt when it was time to farm it for the ring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, damcrac5 said:

Little late to the party, but I plan on dropping a number of games on my profile to motivate me to play through them.  I'd like to join, but for now, I am uncertain as to how low my percentage is going to drop.  I plan on adding Uncharted 2 & 3, Dark Souls 2, infamous 2, R&C3, plus give or take another title or 2.  Saying I'm at 76 games played, it should drop it by a decent amount.  If its too late to join, not a big deal as I'm planning on adding the games regardless as a personal goal.  Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Welcome! I think you've got till the 31st to get involved by listing your percentages and general info requested at the start of the thread.

In other news my daughter took a longer than usual nap today so I've busted out some extra Control trophies and I'll be doing more tonight!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Man of Inaction said:

Hit me up if you need a boost on the online trophies. Unfortunately, I only farmed one pure bladestone and used it. It was the one time luck was with me on a RNG drop and I got it on my first attempt when it was time to farm it for the ring. 

thanks! I definitely will ping you if I not succeed. I just earned the ' Unwelcome Guest Vanquish a player as an invader ' (poor soul underestimated my magic ?) just beating a boss togther left (for the online ones)

Update #4.

This week: Slow week for me, not much progress on any of the games as my game time was limited. Lot's of NFL watching...

Doom 2016: Attempted the Arcade DLC, got the "hardest" trophy without trying much but haven't managed to pop the gold medal yet.

Battle Rock Galactic: Got an unexpectedly big amount of trophies here, just played some more with friends and managed to pop some additional by just doing that.

Mafia III: Played a few missions of the first DLC, enjoying getting back to this one.

6SlpRbG.png

Next week:

I'll do another attempt to get the gold medal in Doom and I might add some multiplayer in the mix. I kind of burned out after the Runes glitch ensured I have to do another run-through. Might park this for later in the year. Next to that, I'm sure Mafia and Battle Rock will get some playing time.

• Like 4

So it looks like we've got a few folk doing Deep Rock Galactic. If anyone wants to add me on PSN for multiplayer sessions then please do. It's going to be a long grind to the 100% and unlikely to be this year but we should be able to get the overall percentage pretty high by December ?

51 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

Finished a new game I always been curious about. The swapper now done. Puzzles kinda tricky but trophies impossible without a guide.

Brought my percentage up .04 though so that's a plus

Oh I've always been interested in The Swapper. I'll stick that on my list 

• Like 1

So I've had Don't Die Mr. Robot in my library for quite some time and decided to give it a whirl. Wanted to play something just for mindless fun and it certainly fits the bill, but I may have bitten off more than I can chew in regards to the 100%. The requirements to get platinum scores on a good chunk of its 50 levels are insane! I have about half of them but I don't have much confidence in getting all 50 but we'll see how it goes.

Did get a UR trophy for my efforts thus far so one more challenge point gained for me at least.

Here's a list of the ones I've earned so far this month

Complete a PS+ game

Complete a new game on your profile

Complete a non-platinum game

Complete a game for another event

Earned 100 trophies

Complete a DLC for a completed game on your profile

Complete all MP trophies for a game

Earned a UR trophy

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 4:44 AM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Demon Souls - PS5

Oh boy....pretty demotivating week. I needed to farm pure black bladestone and it just didn't want to drop. After hours (!) of grinding; no result.

I feel your pain! It took roughly 10 hours of farming for the pure bladestone before it finally dropped for me, and I read horror stories of some people spending up to twice that! (I was doing the original PS3 version which I've read has a worse drop rate than the PS5 remake, so hopefully you don't have as painful of an experience!) For the PS3 version, the drop rate is higher when the world is at pure black tendency, so maybe it's the same on PS5? 

4 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Oh I've always been interested in The Swapper. I'll stick that on my list 

Just to let ya know some if the puzzles are tricky as hell. I had to look up a few due to having no clue and then immediately felt stupid. 

There's plenty of walk thru videos if you just want to be guided to the 100%

• Like 1

5 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Just to let ya know some if the puzzles are tricky as hell. I had to look up a few due to having no clue and then immediately felt stupid. 

There's plenty of walk thru videos if you just want to be guided to the 100%

Thanks - I always give it a go first but it probably won't be this year so I don't tank my percentage ?

8 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

I feel your pain! It took roughly 10 hours of farming for the pure bladestone before it finally dropped for me, and I read horror stories of some people spending up to twice that! (I was doing the original PS3 version which I've read has a worse drop rate than the PS5 remake, so hopefully you don't have as painful of an experience!) For the PS3 version, the drop rate is higher when the world is at pure black tendency, so maybe it's the same on PS5? 

oooooooo.....not the comment I was hoping for ?. I am planning to do a farm session on PB WT and PB character, at the end of my NG+. Hope this will help...darker than that is impossible

1 hour ago, CptToffer said:

Thanks - I always give it a go first but it probably won't be this year so I don't tank my percentage 1f60a.png

it is a fun game, played it on the VITA. And you can finish it in a reasonable time frame so if I was you, I wouldn't worry to much of your completion rate dip

• Like 1

On 25/01/2022 at 9:16 AM, CptToffer said:

So it looks like we've got a few folk doing Deep Rock Galactic. If anyone wants to add me on PSN for multiplayer sessions then please do. It's going to be a long grind to the 100% and unlikely to be this year but we should be able to get the overall percentage pretty high by December 1f44d.png

Will do when I'm on later this week, I'd also be very much down to boost some Tricky Towers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Yea with me crappy stats it went down I believe by .02% and was done with couple hours of gameplay 

8 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

oooooooo.....not the comment I was hoping for 1f60b.png. I am planning to do a farm session on PB WT and PB character, at the end of my NG+. Hope this will help...darker than that is impossible

it is a fun game, played it on the VITA. And you can finish it in a reasonable time frame so if I was you, I wouldn't worry to much of your completion rate dip

Thanks folks. Will take a look. 

6 hours ago, VoltrefferNL said:

Will do when I'm on later this week, I'd also be very much down to boost some Tricky Towers!

Yes I very much need to do something (anything) with Tricky Towers. I have currently come down with a lovely cold courtesy of my daughter (but not the 'rona) so I'll see how I'm getting on later in the week ?

Man having a TV show addiction is bad for this year long competition.  I am just glad I have a vita and a backlog to go with it to balance the force.

Can't believe I am attempting to complete fat princess piece of cake with it only having an offline mode. Hope I'll be able to Crack some of the trophies since not being able to get power ups easily is making this a challenge

• Like 2