Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

13 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Never looked at my ranking before. #8753 worldwide and 1536 for USA. Not that it ever really mattered to me about leaderboards. I will enjoy at my own pace. I know I will never game enough to be competitive. 

leaderboards are inflated anyway with all those 1 hour platinum games people are playing.

13 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Got bored this morning and seen my ranking on the vita leaderboards on this site and it makes me sad most people that are in top 1000 don't play it anymore.  For such a great system it sure got shafted.

It is making me atleast slowly climbing my percentage with my backlog I have on there

Love the VITA! Got tow systems and a pretty decent physical collection. Hopefully it will raise in value one day.

7 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Monday update.

Well I took a step or two backwards in this challenge as I added 2 new games this past week. Don't regret it one bit as both as a lot of fun and rather addicting to play. I also did manage to get both games above 50% already as well to minimize the impact.

Planet Coaster

This game had been in and out of my cart on the psn store like a yoyo in recent months as I had been wanting to play it but something always came up that I felt like buying just a teeny bit more at the time. So you can imagine I was pretty pumped when this came to Feb as a PS+ game. I am currently working through the career missions and having fun building weird coaster designs. Most of the trophies have been pretty easy so far but I am having a hell of a time trying to unlock "Crashing the Party" Create a coaster crash involving 300 guests and "You're a winner!" Win a Go Karts race while driving the kart. I feel like I have completed the requirements multiple times but so far I haven't been able to get them to pop. I'm not ready to give up on it just yet but did need a break after a couple evenings of trying to get these and coming up empty.

The 300 guests comes down to luck. I think I did it in free play and found a point where people were clogging up and it took some time to get the angle and enough people. 

@kingofbattle8174 I had been doing exactly that in Sandbox mode (Freeplay), in a park with 1000+ guests and most of them clogging the area Im targeting. I expected the 300 easy when most of them get sent flying with the crashed coaster. I dunno knowing my luck though I'm only getting 299 guests with my coaster or it needs to be done in Career mode. :lol:

• Like 1

Update 2 Week 6 AoC 22 (U2W6AoC22)

Hi all, and happy Monday.  I didn't get too much console gaming in this last week, but I did manage to start and finish a game from my backlog.  I finished the week at 84.08% up 0.10% from the 83.98% last week.  The game was Batman: The Telltale Series, which I got free through PS+ I think a few years ago now.

Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4):

This was a fun game, in the sense that the story was pretty interesting, (No spoilers here) and it wasn't really a challenging game.  No decision you make will effect trophies, or the overall story, just basically how other characters in the story would interact with you.  I can definitely see why Telltale games ended up folding.  This game was broken into 5 episodes, with each episode after the first one being classified as a DLC.  Now from my own personal experience working in QA for xbox games, I can say that DLC generally is allowed to have more issues than the main game.  The first episode was pretty well polished and looked great,  each episode after that got worse and worse in quality.  Things that should never have made it out the door, like how one of the officers batman was talking too, suddenly disappeared and never reappeared, or the mayor's secretary missing half her head.   I even tried exiting out the game and restarting it to see if these issues were my system or the game and every time I restarted they same issues occurred.  At least it was a free game.  Overall I enjoyed the game for the price I paid, though I think I would have been angry with all the issues had I bought the season pass or each episode individually to complete the game. 

22week6.png

February Challenges -

(U1W5AoC22) - Milestone hit (1 pt) - 5000th trophy (Syberia 3) - the trophy is literally named: Ironic, ain't it?  Kinda mocking trophy to have forever taunting me on my milestones from a game that almost drove me crazy. 

(U1W5AoC22) - Complete a game from another event (1 pt) - A Winter's Daydream - for Level up 2022 event.

(new) - Complete a PS PLUS game (1pt) - Batman: The Telltales Series

Week ahead:

Going to start either metropolis or five dates as these are both in my backlog, picked up on sales, and will work for another event as well :) 

• Like 4

Is it too late to join this? A big goal of mine this year was to clean my percentage up. My current completion percentage is 51.22%. My goal for 2022 is to get it to 60%. Anything over that is a bonus. I’ve been doing this unofficially since the start of the new year (i was hovering right around 50% on the new year). 

I would love to join you like-minded gamers all crushing those backlogs :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Slugger_VII said:

Is it too late to join this?

I don't see any reason you can't join us. The more people to share accomplishments and follow along on the journey the better IMO.

I am not sure if you will get added to the auto-tracker anymore this year but a lot of us keep track ourselves too and post updates weekly/monthly/whenever.

Id be interested to read more updates/reviews.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

@kingofbattle8174 I had been doing exactly that in Sandbox mode (Freeplay), in a park with 1000+ guests and most of them clogging the area Im targeting. I expected the 300 easy when most of them get sent flying with the crashed coaster. I dunno knowing my luck though I'm only getting 299 guests with my coaster or it needs to be done in Career mode. :lol:

I did it in sandbox mode. I started a park with only one straight path and all the ride's queues directly off of it.  I built the start of one of the coasters that has the jet propelled start, but only the starting area, and oriented it such that it points directly down the straight main concourse pathway.  After I had 1000ish guests in the park I deleted the path that leaves the park so no one could get out. Then I closed all of the rides in the park so that everyone was crammed into the one single pathway. After that I turned my incomplete rocket coaster to test mode and watched the bodies fly!

I loved this game, glad to see more people get to appreciate it!

• Like 4

Not much going on as far as any percentage changes, just grinding away at Okami at the moment. Had to start from scratch since I last played on PS3 and those saves are long lost. Taking it slow so I don't miss anything, so it's going to be a good while before I finish it.

The only other game I've been playing is Don't Die Mr. Robot, and I have to get platinum on 15/ 50 more levels to finish that game. I'm close on a handful but the requirements are tough.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

Hate the cost of vita games. I am now only missing 3 games from my backlog if I want to get most of them done. Some are kinda pricey too

That is why I went with the ps4 version of j stars since the vita version is over $100.00. Unless it is lego game or something common forget it. But I have enough ps plus to keep me busy along with all the sales from a few years back that I went on a buying rampage. 

4 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

That is why I went with the ps4 version of j stars since the vita version is over $100.00. Unless it is lego game or something common forget it. But I have enough ps plus to keep me busy along with all the sales from a few years back that I went on a buying rampage. 

Yea I spent 69 on call of duty and batman which is still cheaper online. But mortal kombat was like 50 and I wanted physical of god of war but that was 89. I have a lot too just crazy

4 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

Yea I spent 69 on call of duty and batman which is still cheaper online. But mortal kombat was like 50 and I wanted physical of god of war but that was 89. I have a lot too just crazy

Ouch. I think most of mine have been under 20 for my physical games. Grabbing up what gamestop has in stock.

On 2/17/2022 at 5:09 PM, malachi1987 said:

Hope everyone that is playing new horizon that you have fun. I gotta wait till summer at the earliest to for sure give it the time it deserves.

Hoping to have cleared alot of vita progress.

Hehe I have to finish the first game before I start on the new one :) . I made it to the village the first time I played it and then something came up don't remember what now and I haven't picked it up since.  It is on my list and I am hoping to dive into it sometime this year.

I love my vita too, even picked up a PStv when the Fred Meyers near where I use to live had them for 20 bucks close out a few years ago.  I wish I had bought all 3 they had.

Edited by Spinacheq

7 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Hehe I have to finish the first game before I start on the new one :) . I made it to the village the first time I played it and then something came up don't remember what now and I haven't picked it up since.  It is on my list and I am hoping to dive into it sometime this year.

I love my vita too, even picked up a PStv when the Fred Meyers near where I use to live had them for 20 bucks close out a few years ago.  I wish I had bought all 3 they had.

Yea I was so dumb back then when I returned my pstv to gamestop. But oh well nothing I can do about it now since I will not be paying the cost of it now