Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

Update 7 Week 13 AoC 22 (U7W13AoC22)

Hi all, been a 2 weeks since my last update.  This last week I finally have some progress to report.  Week 12 was spent mainly working on the ng+/ultra hard mode of Horizon Zero Dawn.  Since I didn't finish that run in week 12 and not even in week 13 until literally last night.  I didn't have new progress.  For week 13 I ended up .03% to finish the week at 85.29% not a ton of progress but another game 100% complete from the back log.  

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4):

All the work on this was to finish the last DLC to beat the game on NG+ and ultra hard mode.  It really shouldn't have taken me 2 weeks, as I did like the story and the exploration.  I will say I hate it when developers had these Ultra hard modes after the fact and don't ramp up the levels of the monsters.  Just making your weapons hit for a fraction and the enemies just have tons of more HP is in my opinion of cop out in trying to add new playability to a game that was already fun.  Not to mention just trying to speed run to the ending cause there is no point to doing everything on run you are only doing for a trophy that is difficulty specific. OK rant finished.

22week13.png

Current Week:

Not sure what I will dive into next.  I have plenty in my backlog and the RPG event just started so I might go with one of the many RPGs I have in my backlog, or try to clean up another game that has been unfinished in the backlog.  I really want to play Legend of the Heroes Trails of cold steel 4, but I also want to save it for my 100th platinum so I need to knock out a few more before I can finish off that storyline.  And I do want to keep getting that unearned trophies number down.  Clearing off the 78 that had from Horizon zero dawn over the month of March was nice boost to dropping that number.  

Happy Gaming all!!

• Like 4

Update #10:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 55.12%

Current completion rate : 56.67% (-0.09 from last update ~ +1.55% from start)

Target rate: 63.12% (8% increase)

Took a little fall to start some new games, can't be helped anyways

Ongoing this week:

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows - PS4 - 25% - This one is kinda funny, but a little repetitive

Journey - PS4 - 90% - Basically done, just missing the trophy for meeting 10 players, will be checking daily but guess this will be a while

Completed games during the event:

Spoiler
  1. Guacamelee! 2 - PS4
  2. Rain - PS3
  3. Batman: The Telltale Series - PS4

4. Frobisher Says! - PSVITA

5. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - PS3

6. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse - PS3

7. The Playroom - PS4

8. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - PS3

9. Murdered: Soul Suspect - PS4

10. Ark: Survival Evolved - PS4

11. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone - PS4

12. The Pillars of the Earth - PS4

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Arophous said:

With that done my profile has currently no more MP related 1f3c6.png and only GT7 with an online requirement.  

Has been quite the journey to complete all MP related or online trophy from my backlog…

Now that has got to be a satisfying feeling. No MP trophies left on anything, nice job!

• Like 2

Guys, anyone else having issues with installing games on ps3 that have those "activation files" that unlock the full game? I tried some games on 2 ps3 systems and the games just don't recognize the unlock files (neither DLCs from what I saw), already tried deactivating/activating systems etc. Posted on Reddit and seems other people are having issues too. It was fine just some days ago and previously installed games are working fine. My guess is they broken the ps3 license system with changes for new psplus

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pauloxzak said:

Guys, anyone else having issues with installing games on ps3 that have those "activation files" that unlock the full game? I tried some games on 2 ps3 systems and the games just don't recognize the unlock files (neither DLCs from what I saw), already tried deactivating/activating systems etc. Posted on Reddit and seems other people are having issues too. It was fine just some days ago and previously installed games are working fine. My guess is they broken the ps3 license system with changes for new psplus

oh dear! haven't tried it yet . Not sure if I even have those sort of games. But it wouldn't surprise me if they have broken it. Luckily most PS3 games can be found very cheap on eBay liked sites. In case it stays like this

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 10:40 PM, damage_6-9 said:

And I'm done.

10 Platinum

155 Gold

197 Silver

638 Bronze

Trophy # 34,001 @ 02:31am

Trophy # 35,000 @  1:43 pm

**Went back a few hrs after reaching 1,000 and did a bit of a cleanup, adding another 82 trophies to the count for the day.

19 Platinum 

18 Gold

5 Silver

40 Bronze

All up took me from 72.81% to 73.19%

Congrats, you monster lol :) 

• Like 3

Week 14 STARTING PERCENTAGE 69.91%

Ratchet & Clank 5% -> 15%

Week 14 ENDING PERCENTAGE 70.04% (+0.13%)

Not the most spectacular update that's ever been posted, that's for sure - real life got in the way somewhat, sometimes there's just not enough hours in the day. Still, at least it's positive this week and we're back above the 70% mark, so that's good. Hopefully next week's progress will be a bit more dramatic.

• Like 3

Another Monday, another update!

Nice milestone this week by improving my completion rate this year with alreday more than 2%!

Far Cry 5 + DLC (2/4) - PS4

Finished this game years ago but never achieved the platinum. I was stuck on the fishing part and more specific the mission where you have to catch a fish called 'The Admiral'. Out of pure frustration I removed the game but kept the save game. Decided to come back to this one and what was a frustrated experience back then, was a walk in the park now. Got the $^$# fish after my 3rd try ?. Platinumed the game and bought the season pass for the DLC. Have finished 'Hours of Darkness' and the 'lost on Mars' DLC. Both were great fun and very different. First one is a stealth survival journey as where the second one is a kind of a mini Borderlands game. One DLC to go and NG+. Not sure if I am going to do the NG+, choices: either get the game on 100% or just move on to the next one....any advise?

Strider - PS4

Popped a trophy years ago but never took the time to get into the game. It is a reboot of a 1989 game, a hack and slash Metroidvania game. Must say I am playing it on hard and the beginning had some challenging (semi) bosses. But I guess it will get better from now on when I am able to upgrade my character.

Current Status

Screenshot-2022-04-11-114826.jpg

Plans for next weeks

- finish Far Cry 5 DLC 'Dead Living Zombies' - PS4

- finish Strider - PS4

Happy trophy hunting everybody!

5 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

- Continue hard difficulty playthrough on Enslaved and get all the collectibles. Hopefully I can finish it up this week and also work my way through the DLC

Did you alreday bought the DLC because I thought it was discontinued in the store?

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 4