Wow. This is not a good remaster.

ArtMontef

nowadays games are released incomplete, so you have to wait for patches. It's unbelievable how this pattern has been repeating itself game after game. It's just pathetic what the industry has become, and as a LiS fan myself I didn't see the point in this remaster.

Wow.  It's disappointing to see that the collection is as bad as this.  I don't doubt that these issues will be fixed in a future patch, but even so, it beggars belief that the games were allowed to be released in this state to begin with.

In any case, I won't be buying it myself.  I platted the first LIS twice already, and don't need to do it for a third time.  I can replay it and BTS as they are (if I feel so inclined), without needing to focus on photo opportunities or collectibles as I play.

The more that people pre-order and play these half-assed rush jobs on day one, the more that developers will think they don't need to put any real effort into remastering their games.  Vote with your wallets, people.

I haven't played much yet, but I am experiencing the "glow" at the extreme edges of the screen pretty often so far.

It's distracting, and quite disappointing in a remastered title - not gamebreaking, but then, "not gamebreaking" should hardly be the standard they are shooting for!

Life is Strange is a game that deserves better - I certainly hope this will be patched soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djb5f said:

cash grab 

Can’t be a cash grab when it’s part of a deal for another game dude.

3 hours ago, kevao97 said:

nowadays games are released incomplete, so you have to wait for patches. It's unbelievable how this pattern has been repeating itself game after game. It's just pathetic what the industry has become, and as a LiS fan myself I didn't see the point in this remaster.

It’s not really that common. People just love to find stuff to complain about, I bet this remaster is just fine, and we just got a bunch a whiners on this site. Gamers are so whiny. I’ll be playing this eventually, maybe after I finish Uncharted, To see if the whiners are just whining to whine or if there is any truth to this. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

20 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Can’t be a cash grab when it’s part of a deal for another game dude.

It’s not really that common. People just love to find stuff to complain about, I bet this remaster is just fine, and we just got a bunch a whiners on this site. Gamers are so whiny. I’ll be playing this eventually, maybe after I finish Uncharted, To see if the whiners are just whining to whine or if there is any truth to this. 

It is a fact that people like to complain for no reason, but it is valid when there are reasons to do so. Well, you will probably play after the game is patched and therefore great to play. I really don't understand you calling people whiners, would you, as a consumer, quietly accept a product you paid (and expensive) for and are not satisfied? there is no harm in complaining when there is reason to, it was thanks to complaints that games like Cyberpunk were updated and made playable, the biggest weapon of the consumer is boycott and complaint.

21 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

It’s not really that common

oh yes it is. if you're an older guy this truth becomes even more stark.

28 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

It is a fact that people like to complain for no reason, but it is valid when there are reasons to do so. Well, you will probably play after the game is patched and therefore great to play. I really don't understand you calling people whiners, would you, as a consumer, quietly accept a product you paid (and expensive) for and are not satisfied? there is no harm in complaining when there is reason to, it was thanks to complaints that games like Cyberpunk were updated and made playable, the biggest weapon of the consumer is boycott and complaint.

oh yes it is. if you're an older guy this truth becomes even more stark.

Complaining about something where there is an actual problem makes sense (like with Cyberpunk) but you get people complaining about the silliest things these days, like reused boat animations from God of War. Statistically there’s far more games that come out fully baked, people just like to focus on the ones that don’t and then exaggerate like every game comes out broken or incomplete, it’s just not the case.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

The graphical glitches and strange popins will be present each time you play the game. There's no way the devs could not have noticed the issues, well they probably did and just didn't care.

Because there are people in the world now, when you complain about things being broken at release this this, the people who point this out are the ones who get it in the neck for some reason, and NOT the devs,

Being happy and relieved when a game released at launch has no bugs in it, that should be the norm and not a surprise. It's not an online or open world FPS where you don't know how the player is going to be walking around and at what speed etc. The game is full of closed single scene actions and scripted cut scenes that the game loads in advance via a Loading Screen.

And like other's have mentioned, this is on a "remaster" of a game already released on the same platform, AND the re-release date of this game was pushed back several months.

How many more excuses or reasons could you have for not releasing a bug free game?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I bet the devs wish they could hold down the L2 button on their asses and rewind time back to before they released the Remaster so they can fix this buggy mess.

lmao i wish i has rep points ?

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

How many more excuses or reasons could you have for not releasing a bug free game?

No such thing as a bug free game, even the most polished games out there of the highest quality still have bugs. Probably pointing out the obvious but yeah... 

I agree with @DarkHpokinsn though, feels like nowadays every game with some minor issues at launch is called "a broken buggy unfinished mess" so what does it even mean at this point. Would be quite the dream if every game came out on a technical level similar to last of us 2 or God of War but unfortunately that's not the case and I guess everyone draws the line differently.  For me personally shit like constant crashing, massive fps drops, corrupted data or anything that can stop you from progressing through the game is when i would call it broken. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

This doesn't surprise me. Most of "remasters" these days are bad. Ever since this "remaster" boom began (around 2010), publishers figured out that remasters+nostalgia=money. Problem? Remastering a game isn't cheap. Solution? Get a new/inexperienced (read: cheap) team to remaster the game/games. & that is way there are a LOT of "remastered" games that are just bad. Games like:

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Mafia II - Definitive Edition

Prince of Persia HD Trilogy

Prototype: Biohazard Bundle

Saints Row the Third Remastered

Silent Hill HD Collection

Warcraft III: Reforged

XIII

The best thing to do is not get too excited when you hear about a new "remaster" of your favorite game. Wait for it to come out & read the reviews/watch gameplay videos/download a demo (if possible). That way you'll now what you are buying.

Edited by kenseizenkai

Experienced most of the issues people are having here aswell. With one really disturbing thing to add:

The game just randomly deleted itself from my ps5, I finished episode 1 yesterday and turned the game off but left the console in home screen, came back after 30 minutes to find the game just randomly gone. Had to re-download and install the whole thing from scratch. 

That's just bizarro world to me, never had anything like this happen before.

• Like 1

Um since I started this thread and people kinda missed the point. 

The game is not unplayable. It runs fine. It's not "broken buggy mess" as someone above mentioned. And I have high tolerance for bugs- Cyberpunk 2077 is in my top 5 favorite games of all time. I don't care about boat animation being reused in GoW or stuff like that, games are hard to make, and none of us here probably have true scope in mind HOW hard they are to make. 

As I said before, this could have been fine if I played this game for the first time. I would have said "the game had few minor bugs but was overall fantastic- 9,5/10". 

BUT WE ARE NOT PLAYING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME. We do not even have the PS5 version. The sole reason for the remasters was to re-release the same game from PS4 to PS4 and to make it run better and look better. That's all. It doesn't mean they wanted to reach new audience, because there is perfectly fine PS4 version that runs better, doesn't have glitches and is overall pleasant experience. You can't have same argument as GTA: definitive edition that they wanted to reach new generation of gamers. 

If the games sole reason for existence was visual upgrade and that visual upgrade is fucked you cannot look over those as "small bugs". The base game is already there. 

Also I (and many others) bought it separately, because I saw people confusing it as only an add-on for LiS: True Colors. It was fully priced product. 

My art analogy: If I drew you a Max fanart few years ago and say, hey I am much better at coloring now, let me re-paint it, so it matches my current higher skill. And in result fuck up and make one of her eyes too high or her arm bend the other way. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kenseizenkai said:

Saints Row the Third Remastered

Not quite sure why you class that as being "bad" - it was a brilliant remaster on the PS4, then even better on the PS5 with the increased resolution and reduced loading speeds. It wasn't very good on the Switch, but on more modern consoles it was great.

• Like 4