Server is down??!!!

mhm_fazli

29 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

And no, constant belittling, negativity, and elitism in the forums isn’t helping anyone and it didn’t here. An example would be those that come into server shutdown threads to state that they already have the online trophies for said game, no one cares and those comments don’t help anyone. There was even a point where someone commented here—now deleted—and went on to attack SilentEcho. Childish behavior. I’ve made my point though. 

I feel certain I posted here, but my post was deleted perhaps. I posted that it was kinda people's own fault if they bought a game and then waited seven years or so and then now at this late stage complain about not being able to get trophies. You only got yourselves to blame!

But still I really really hate online trophies, especially for reasons like this. I have full sympathy for people coming back and being like wtf. No matter when a server closes, whether it be in 1 year, in 10 or even 50 years. I absolutely resent that ticking timebomb that one day a game is going to be broken, even if it didn't have online trophies. Just a part of a game dying, is sad in any circumstances. I've almost stopped buying certain games that I might like the look of and want to try, but just because I see the online trophies and don't even want to get started.

There's never going to be a time in history that all 100% of game own owners all having 100% online trophies when the server closes, and at some point in time, someone somewhere will be like wtf, I can't get 100% on this game anymore, and it isn't even their fault on missing out.

Doesn't matter what game, or what company, it sucks all round. I've never even played a Far Cry game but I'm annoyed either way. lol

Like I said, everyone is very happy now, and even gloating at the naysayers which I guess, well, it's a victory for everyone wanting the servers back. I guess?

I think everyone is very lucky to be honest, servers coming back is rare. And I don't think I am being negative or being elitist saying that, it's just reality unfortunately, I'm surprised they came back because it wasn't looking likely now was it? If we're being honest.

Like I posted though, Far Cry 2 servers are back up, but for how long? 15 other Ubisoft servers are going down, including Far Cry 3 (for some reason) so I feel like this is a short victory, unfortunately.

Use this chance while you can. Stop reading this post and get cracking! :)

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Self-fixing servers? Really?

No, game servers don't go down for 4-5 months and then "self-fix". If Ubisoft developed self-fixing game servers, wouldn't they use them to keep them up all the time? And wouldn't they sell/license whatever they developed as a technology to absurd numbers of companies for billions of dollars who keep staff on hand for server maintenance and repair?

It's okay to accept that Ubisoft actually had to fix their own servers. It's okay to accept that Ubisoft actually did. It's okay to accept that sometimes game servers come back up, even for old games. Feel free to remember and point to this situation that the world is not absolutes and just as easy as it is to use a bad example of something happening to beat people over the head with your point of view, you can also acknowledge that sometimes things do work out. No friend requests being sent to a corporation required.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Self-fixing servers? Really?

Haha, no but I like the sound of that though!

As if the whole of Far Cry 2 is running on a single Windows PC and a Ubisoft employee walks over to it (To the sounds of Benny Hill music of course)

and goes "Oooooohhhhh shit, it's crashed and the server's been down all this time and nobody even noticed!?! Tee hee hee. Righty ho then, we need to reboot Windows and get this shit fixed then".

• Like 2

Hi.
Except for the trophies that 16 people need,
Is self-boosting possible?
I have two PS3.
Is there a online trophy that needs to be more than 3 people?

I don't know English very well.
I'm using a translator.
I hope my meaning is conveyed well.

Edited by Kazya-_-

5 hours ago, Kazya-_- said:

Hi.
Except for the trophies that 16 people need,
Is self-boosting possible?
I have two PS3.
Is there a online trophy that needs to be more than 3 people?

The 500 revives trophy requires 3 people and 5 of the weapons in Soldier of Misfortune will require 3 people (M79, IED, RPG-7, Carl-Gustav, MGL-40mm require multikills).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Why can't people just be happy the servers came back, those who wanted them back on now gloating to those that said they won't come back lol. Absolute cringe. 

the funny part is that they deny that, in fact, the odds were in favor of the servers not coming back. the server coming back was extremely unlikely and not the other way around.

9 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

in fact, the odds were in favor of the servers not coming back.

Only if you ignore Ubisoft's history of fixing their unplanned server outages.

The odds were in very favorable for Ubisoft to get their server running again. If you ignore irrelevant and unrelated other publishers/developers server outages, it would be very easy to see that.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Why can't people just be happy the servers came back, those who wanted them back on now gloating to those that said they won't come back lol. Absolute cringe. 

Nobody said they weren't happy lmao I'm ecstatic that they came back! The thing is that a lot of people had essentially written them off entirely and told us to move on, said dudes were the only ones addressed here.

• Like 1

Well I hope everyone who wanted their trophies will do so now that the server is back and don't wait for the server to shut down again for that.

3 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Nah gonna take my chances and sit on this for another few years

Let's do that together and then create a change dot org petition demanding the servers be turned back on. 

• Like 1

I'm going to have my hands busy with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist. Adding another game with multiplayer onto my backlog will likely mean I won't finish any of them.

Good luck to everyone working on Far Cry 2, because looking at the age of this game and the online trophies, you're going to need that luck.

• Like 3

Adventurer trophy seems to be unobtainable (people who got it possibly hack it). Tried everything and nothing works so let's do our best and make some noise. Please like and comment this post ( https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/163832/adventurer-trophy-unobtainable-on-ps3-in-far-cry-2/1?lang=en-US ) that you face the same issue and need help. Really appreciate your help!

Edited by Anton_games337

Ah, that trophy was a headache I remember. Even with the servers active, this trophy was not possible, it works from time to time, so you will need to hope it works again in time. Unfortunately, the main server being online is not enough when it comes to Far Cry 2. this game is an endless mess.

2 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Ah, that trophy was a headache I remember. Even with the servers active, this trophy was not possible, it works from time to time, so you will need to hope it works again in time. Unfortunately, the main server being online is not enough when it comes to Far Cry 2. this game is an endless mess.

Nothing will change in a good with a time. Ubisoft closes all their games on PS3

13 minutes ago, Anton_games337 said:

Nothing will change in a good with a time. Ubisoft closes all their games on PS3

so this platinum is unobtainable for someone starting from scratch right now

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

This game is not going to become unplayable on PC after the shutdown, right? RIGHT?

It is shut down on PC officially already

8 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

so this platinum is unobtainable for someone starting from scratch right now

Hm. We actually don't know for sure but possibly yes. For now let's hope Ubisoft will help as

Edited by Anton_games337

4 hours ago, Anton_games337 said:

Adventurer trophy seems to be unobtainable (people who got it possibly hack it). Tried everything and nothing works so let's do our best and make some noise. Please like and comment this post ( https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/163832/adventurer-trophy-unobtainable-on-ps3-in-far-cry-2/1?lang=en-US ) that you face the same issue and need help. Really appreciate your help!

This is a known issue with a workaround. You need to find someone who already downloaded a map. Have you tried that method?

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the servers are no back online. Tried it today and was able to go online. And for the andventurer trophy you simply cpan join a friends game to map he creates and you are stil able to vote for the map after the round. You can do it 25 times on the same map for the trophy to pop. 

On 11/07/2022 at 3:24 PM, Anton_games337 said:

Yeah, i dont think people have been hacking it. It's just incredibly buggy, I couldn't get it to pop until i set up a new user on a second PS3 and used the workaround from that, so if you're still having trouble with it give that a try.