Max Payne and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne remakes announced

kidson2004

5 hours ago, Apocasy said:

Holy shit I am genuinely excited for this. Never got the chance to play Max Payne 1 and 2. With Alan Wake 2 coming next year, it's gonna be a be a good year to be a supporter of Remedy.

+1000%

Max Payne 1 and 2 came out when I was "too young for those kind of games", then I never bothered with 3 as a result when it came out.

I'm omega excited for this, and I didn't even know I wanted it until right this second upon reading this post.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

I put faith. The fact that it's being made by Remedy/Rockstar itself reassures me that the original experience isn't being compromised. Many remasters and remakes, mainly made by parallel companies, lose their essence due to the directors' lack of vision. It was never just about a beautiful new graphic, but also about keeping the essence and original vision of the work in a different way. An example of what I'm saying is the Ezio Collection remasters, which changed the original lighting and changed the color palette, ignoring that the proposal was to simulate the aesthetics of Renaissance paintings. a remaster was possible without harming that vision. Remasters and remakes (made with vision and care) of good games and good narratives will always be welcome, because what is good is old.

34 minutes ago, Viper said:

First two games were awesome, but if they even think about putting something like NYC Minute Hardcore, I'm not touching them. 

Bullshit. Do not let to enjoy great experiences because of trophies.

That said, I hope platinum is hardcore, preferably with a similar mode. Nymhc is a very unique and memorable experience.

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

I put faith. The fact that it's being made by Remedy/Rockstar itself reassures me that the original experience isn't being compromised. Many remasters and remakes, mainly made by parallel companies, lose their essence due to the directors' lack of vision. It was never just about a beautiful new graphic, but also about keeping the essence and original vision of the work in a different way. An example of what I'm saying is the Ezio Collection remasters, which changed the original lighting and changed the color palette, ignoring that the proposal was to simulate the aesthetics of Renaissance paintings. a remaster was possible without harming that vision. Remasters and remakes (made with vision and care) of good games and good narratives will always be welcome, because what is good is old.

Bullshit. Do not let to enjoy great experiences because of trophies.

That said, I hope platinum is hardcore, preferably with a similar mode. Nymhc is a very unique and memorable experience.

Yeah, sorry, I don't subscribe to the "trophies are just a side thing I do" mind set. I don't play games without earning trophies, they're one in the same to me. So when they put insanely difficult trophies into the game just to be insanely difficult, then my desire to play it dwindles pretty dramatically. Stuff like that isn't fun to me, it's not rewarding...it's just mind numbing tedium backed by pointless rage I put on myself, and I've learned a long time ago to just avoid it. It's not easy for me to play games I KNOW for a fact I'll never Plat...hard to enjoy them when that goal is eliminated right from the start (it's a different story if I realize it as I'm playing). 

If it happens, I'll always have the memories of playing them on PS2 and playing the PS2 to PS4 version of the first game. Plenty of other games out there to play that don't make me want to pull my hair out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yeah, sorry, I don't subscribe to the "trophies are just a side thing I do" mind set. I don't play games without earning trophies, they're one in the same to me. So when they put insanely difficult trophies into the game just to be insanely difficult, then my desire to play it dwindles pretty dramatically. Stuff like that isn't fun to me, it's not rewarding...it's just mind numbing tedium backed by pointless rage I put on myself, and I've learned a long time ago to just avoid it. It's not easy for me to play games I KNOW for a fact I'll never Plat...hard to enjoy them when that goal is eliminated right from the start (it's a different story if I realize it as I'm playing). 

If it happens, I'll always have the memories of playing them on PS2 and playing the PS2 to PS4 version of the first game. Plenty of other games out there to play that don't make me want to pull my hair out. 

Interesting and I respect your vision and appreciate your honesty. I can discern gaming from trophy hunting, although my long-term trophy goals are pretty bold. If I'm not mistaken, you already told me in a status update about this.

I just try to see experience above trophies. Trophies are just arbitrary goals (which often don't even make sense).

many games are true works of art, but seeing games as art is also a different view, it all depends on how you see it.

people see games as just entertainment, others are able to contemplate experiences and narratives, others just want to win some virtual points.

i am all

4 hours ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

Finally hearing some good news in my life. I hope they’ll be released to PS4 as well.

Thankfully they won't. Time for some real next gen experiences. I don't want ps4 games in 2025 anymore lol. No way this game comes out before 2024/2025.

2 hours ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Great news an all but why not max payne 3 as well? one of the best third person shooters ever to me.

Remedy approached rockstar to finance their 2 remakes. Remedy only developed the original 2 games, Max Payne 3 was developed by rockstar themselves, so that's probably why remedy has no interest in making this. Also mp3 has aged kinda well, so a regular remaster would be completely adequate. Rockstar on the other hand probably has no interest in putting work in another max payne game or even a remaster of max payne 3.

41 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Thankfully they won't. Time for some real next gen experiences. I don't want ps4 games in 2025 anymore lol. No way this game comes out before 2024/2025.

7dom7zz.jpegYou won’t say the same thing if you live in a 4th world country that you have to pay a fortune to buy a PS5 xD

• Like 1

Very excited for this. I know I played the originals when they released but don't remember much so it'll be a fresh experience. 

Good decision to put all their resources on current gen. 

On 4/6/2022 at 6:23 PM, enaysoft said:

I love all these remakes getting made, but I kinda wish there were more remakes from the PS1 era of games, like what happened with Resident games. Things like Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Legend Of Dragoon.

Or at least in my mind, PS2 games, they usually don't feel old enough for me to warrant a remake when an upscaled touched up release is usually the better option. For example I played Bully for the first time recently a few years ago and playing the original upscaled PS2 version seemed fine to me.

Just give me Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger. That's all I ask for.

• 1 month later...

Remedy Games On Remaking Max Payne Games – It Is Like A “Homecoming” For Us

In a recent investor call, Remedy CEO Tero Virtala explains the reason why the company decided to work with Rockstar Games to remake the first two Max Payne games.

https://gamingbolt.com/remedy-games-on-remaking-max-payne-games-it-is-like-a-homecoming-for-us

The answer to that comes from the CEO of Remedy Games, Tero Virtala, in the Q&A segment of Remedy’s latest investor call. During the segment, Virtala was inquired as to why Remedy took on the job of remaking one of their earliest game instead of focusing on new IP, to which he points out several good reasons, one of them being “It’s May Payne, it’s like a homecoming for us.”

Virtala explains that for the company’s growth, it is great to have various leadership teams working on different projects, and since the Max Payne DNA is at the roots of what the company does to this date, it is a beneficial way to experiment with the ever-changing toolsets the developer is using in their games.

Virtala did stress the point that even though he is happy to take on the project from a financial standpoint, it had to be the right fit for what the company is and what it does.

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT