DLC separation on older games

I may be wrong but I don't believe this is possible.

The trophy lists, I believe, are pulled directly from the Sony servers meaning that how they appear here is dictated by how they appear on Sony's servers.

Separation of DLC trophies didn't appear straight away meaning that some games (like Burnout Paraddise) only have 1 trophy list which contains both the main game trophies and the DLC.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.

• Like 1

It would mean manually going through each game, which would be long (automatic entries are obviously much better) - for the amount of games this is now used for, it does seem a bit OTT.

I also think that Sly may have more important things he's doing with the site.

I don't understand. Surely it'd be a relatively simple thing to do?

• Like 1

I may be wrong but I don't believe this is possible.

The trophy lists, I believe, are pulled directly from the Sony servers meaning that how they appear here is dictated by how they appear on Sony's servers.

Separation of DLC trophies didn't appear straight away meaning that some games (like Burnout Paraddise) only have 1 trophy list which contains both the main game trophies and the DLC.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.

Confirmed.

Separation of core game and DLC trophy lists are governed by Sony and it wasn't implemented until a year or two after trophies appeared on the scene. Take a look at your Trophies in the XMB, you'll see this is the case. Ergo, it's not possible to filter the DLC for those older games, at least not automatically. 

Anyone wanna tell Sly to go through a list of over 2000 games to dig out the old DLC, then manually compile filters for each individual game? I didn't think so.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 2

To be as clear as possible : it only reflects what the psn says as I'm sure you know from reading previous threads on the same matter :)

I get why it was asked, but it is used one in a blue moon

End of the day, this kind of manual change takes time, time which can be used to add new functions.

To quote AF on another thread of this type :

Do you guys honestly want Sly wasting his time on things like this when he could be continuing to develop the finer aspects of the site?

Anyone wanna tell Sly to manually go through a list of over 2000 games to dig out the old DLC, then manually compile filters for each individual game? I didn't think so.

Checking through every game would be completely unnecessary and I'm not really sure why you'd think otherwise. I mean you don't have anybody manually checking every single game to see if any have a missing header image. No, all it would take is one thread and we'd have a list of all the affected games within days. As this only happens with a limited amount of very old games, it means people are already very aware which games it has affected and also that it's never going to repeat itself.

If even that sounds unreasonable to you, an automatic search of games that have trophies rarer than its platinum should do the job. If they aren't already part of a DLC pack then they probably should be.

I wouldn't consider it a waste of time if it means all the percentages are actually accurate and consistent. The website is about stats when it comes down to it, and if any at all are incorrect then fixing that should probably be a priority.

I wouldn't consider it a waste of time if it means all the percentages are actually accurate and consistent. The website is about stats when it comes down to it, and if any at all are incorrect then fixing that should probably be a priority.

I agree, however the percentages are already incorrect as Sony has revealed accurate numbers.

• Like 1

I agree, however the percentages are already incorrect as Sony has revealed accurate numbers.

So you'd want everything to be ultra rare ?

Stats only pertain to what is available - the site tracks 1.5Million people - I'm pretty sure PSN probably has 20 times that, but a certain number of the 1.5 million will be 'collectors' - how many would that be the case for if 20 million people were tracked ?

Anywho, circular arguments and all that - this can be debated here : https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/10526-will-official-playstation-rarity-be-used-now/page-3?hl=%2Bdlc#entry223275

They were handled manually by Sly in the beginning.

Then he implemented a mechanism that would get the information directly from the PSN.

If a game doesn't have the DLC separated from the base list it means that the game itself doesn't have such separation and it should be like that even on your playstation.

It could be probably possible to manage the older ones as exception but I'd prefer to have them "official" as they are now.

Wow. I seemed to have hit a few nerves with this one. :giggle:

I was already aware that the non-separated trophies reflected PSN's stats.

All trolling aside; I don't think it would be too much trouble to implement. The "separation situation" (kinda like the ring of that) only affects a few games so, "manually searching through over 2000 games" is a ridiculous statement and we're all aware Sly is a busy bloke making this the most pimped out stats place in the universe so, that's why I included the "any way to have the community handle it" suggestion.

Shadiochao hit the nail on the head by saying there's already good knowledge of the individual games and a thread would produce the names of said games in a matter of hours/days.

• Like 1

Wow. I seemed to have hit a few nerves with this one. :giggle:

I was already aware that the non-separated trophies reflected PSN's stats.

All trolling aside; I don't think it would be too much trouble to implement. The "separation situation" (kinda like the ring of that) only affects a few games so, "manually searching through over 2000 games" is a ridiculous statement and we're all aware Sly is a busy bloke making this the most pimped out stats place in the universe so, that's why I included the "any way to have the community handle it" suggestion.

Shadiochao hit the nail on the head by saying there's already good knowledge of the individual games and a thread would produce the names of said games in a matter of hours/days.

Even if the community did find all of the games, Sly would still need to manually go in and change the code for each individual game. As the code in place just pulls from Sony's database, he'd probably have to create a new code in order to manually change how the trophies are listed, then go in and separate each list individually. It would take entirely too much time and work that could be put towards more useful features on the site. Just list the trophies as they're listed on the XMB. The first 50 or so are generally base game, and after that are DLC. Descriptions usually point out that it's obtained in DLC too. Just take the 5min to look up what trophies are DLC, and what aren't. 

Well the way it is now is silly, seeing as the entire point was to appease people who had DLC trophies artificially rarefied and clog up their "rarest trophies" display. And seeing as anyone who has played at least one old DLC pack did not get this problem fixed, there should be either manual updates done to fix the old games (there aren't that many of them), or revert the DLC trophy rarity back to the old, more correct way.

• Like 4

So you'd want everything to be ultra rare ?

Stats only pertain to what is available - the site tracks 1.5Million people - I'm pretty sure PSN probably has 20 times that, but a certain number of the 1.5 million will be 'collectors' - how many would that be the case for if 20 million people were tracked ?

Anywho, circular arguments and all that - this can be debated here : https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/10526-will-official-playstation-rarity-be-used-now/page-3?hl=%2Bdlc#entry223275

There's nothing to debate. What I stated is a fact.

Well the way it is now is silly, seeing as the entire point was to appease people who had DLC trophies artificially rarefied and clog up their "rarest trophies" display. And seeing as anyone who has played at least one old DLC pack did not get this problem fixed, there should be either manual updates done to fix the old games (there aren't that many of them), or revert the DLC trophy rarity back to the old, more correct way.

My thoughts exactly. Just go back to the old way, aka the official sony way.

Otherwise the particular issue of old dlc's could be fixed manually as well. Kind of feels like people are overestimating the number of games that would need to be patched.

I said this a few times back when the change first happened so not gonna hold my breath now.

• Like 1

If it's not automatic, then what is it? The answer is it's manual!

Community effort or not, the fact remains that for each and every affected game, Sly will need to devote time and energy to separate the core game from the DLC manually. You're assuming this is a piss-easy task when you have absolutely no clue of what's involved, none of us do. It may not even be possible given he's subsequently automated the task.

Why can't you just live with the way Sony has delivered the data? PSNP is reflecting what we see in the XMB on our PlayStations and is pulling that data to automatically filter core from DLC in more or less the "official" format. It's on Sony's head, not Sly, to address the problem of DLC separation. They did that a year later, it wasn't retroactive, we're talking about 5 or 6 year old games here and most of us have well and truly moved on. If it can't be done, maybe you can hide the affected games if it bothers you so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pooh-poohing the suggestion and I'm all for improving the site. I'm pooh-poohing the assumption that this is a trivial thing to implement and that it's something that the community wants. On that basis, maybe a poll would be a better place to start to see if the community at large gives a shit about it before charging ahead and creating a thread of games for Sly to "fix".

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 3

People keep pointing out that the data is being delivered the way Sony wants it but I don't really see the relevance of that argument if we're assuming that the issue being raised here is that the rarity for DLC trophies is being treated differently for the older games than the newer ones, two different sets of rules on how to calculate the rarity means the overall stats of the site are less meaningful. There's no honus and should be no expectation on Sony to "fix" this because I assume Sony is calculating their rarities for DLC trophies the standard (some would argue "correct") way of calculating the rarities. From Sony's perspective there is no issue because they aren't calculating the rarities based on trying to figure out if people own the DLC or not so there is nothing to fix. 

Maybe for some people it's really a problem of those DLC trophies showing up in their cabinets...I could care less about that personally. But I find it interesting to look at people's Ultra Rare trophie count, yet this is the number that needs to be taken with a grain of salt because of this problem. There's even a leaderboard over on that other site, based on people's Ultra Rare count from this site. So people who played the old games have a bit of an unfair leg up in such competitions.

I should know, I must have half the games on that list all at 100%. My ultra rare count would be gutted if this change actually happened.

Edited by lporiginalg

If it's not automatic, then what is it? The answer is it's manual!

Community effort or not, the fact remains that for each and every affected game, Sly will need to devote time and energy to separate the core game from the DLC manually and you're assuming this is a piss-easy task when you have absolutely no clue of what's involved, none of us do. It may not even be possible given he's subsequently automated the task.

Why can't you just live with the way Sony has delivered the data? PSNP is reflecting what we see in the XMB on our PlayStations and is pulling that data to automatically filter core from DLC in more or less the "official" format. It's on Sony's head, not Sly, to address the problem of DLC separation. They did that a year later, it wasn't retroactive and we're talking about 5 or 6 year old games here and most of us have well and truly moved on. If it can't be done, maybe you can hide the affected games if it bothers you so much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pooh-poohing the suggestion and I'm all for improving the site. I'm pooh-poohing the assumption that this is a trivial thing to implement and that it's something that the community wants. On that basis, maybe a poll would be a better place to start to see if the community at large gives a shit about it before charging ahead and creating a thread of games for Sly to "fix".

Dude, you're getting way too passionate about this topic and it's making you twist the words already spoken to fit your argument.

One; I never once claimed that the task was "piss easy". I said "I don't think it would be TOO MUCH TROUBLE", meaning that, I already acknowledged the fact that there would be "trouble" but not enough to completely distract Sly for a million years (which seems to be the degree of severity you're emphasizing). Even if it would distract Sly for a million years; I also included the question if there was a way that someone other than him could work on it/help out.

Second; I neither said "Sly HAD to fix this" nor "charged forward and created a thread that said that this was an issue that Sly had to fix". Apparently you missed the two little disclaimers that said it was mearly to get some sort of idea of the numbers of what we we're working with here and to keep the douches from douching.

You seriously need to stop doing what you're doing. You did it every single day over at .com and now you're doing it over here. Get a grip on your ignorance and seriously annoying absolutions, or leave me the fuck alone.

Edited by effdeegee