Mastery Challenges - Season Two

The only thing these challenges do is pointing out flaws in combat / stealth system. Because of huge variety of abilities and weapons I applaud to developers that they didn't limit us with how we should play the game like they did back in the day with full sync requirements, if you want go stealth you can do that, or maybe just with range shooting everyone with arrows, spears, dual wiled axes, what ever you want and how ever you want it's up to you and as you go through the game you don't really notice the flaws, you notice things from time to time but you don't get punished for it. When it comes to these challenges it only shows how developers were more focused on 2 things, that game looks pretty and that it's overwhelmingly long, they just keep dropping content without keeping in mind is it any good or is it something that community wants. This is unnecessary and the game is already too long without any additional content.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, enemy1987dkhr said:

The only thing these challenges do is pointing out flaws in combat / stealth system. Because of huge variety of abilities and weapons I applaud to developers that they didn't limit us with how we should play the game like they did back in the day with full sync requirements, if you want go stealth you can do that, or maybe just with range shooting everyone with arrows, spears, dual wiled axes, what ever you want and how ever you want it's up to you and as you go through the game you don't really notice the flaws, you notice things from time to time but you don't get punished for it. When it comes to these challenges it only shows how developers were more focused on 2 things, that game looks pretty and that it's overwhelmingly long, they just keep dropping content without keeping in mind is it any good or is it something that community wants. This is unnecessary and the game is already too long without any additional content.  

That's the LiVe SeRvIcE dream come true. After the boring and bloated Odyssey I'll never play a modern AC unless they go back to the roots, but that's highly unlikely.

I played these challenges last week and these are some of the bugs I experienced while playing it; in challenge where you need to put guards to sleep they woke up straight away before I even left the bush, in stealth sections I was spotted by guards through wall while hiding in the bushes, when I whistle to get their attention instead of coming to me they walked off to the opposite side of the map, where I needed kills with exploding jars all jars automatically exploded before I even shot arrow anywhere, in some challenges there weren't enough enemies spawned for me to complete the challenge, in arena where you can't jump down where you have to shoot enemies weak point and kill them indirectly most of them wanders off to section where you can't shoot them from any angle, not to even mention how buggy the abilities are for some of these challenges. The game doesn't work properly and even these requirements aren't that hard they are fair but makes them annoying to play because the game is screwing experience for to you hence it's really not needed they should just let game rest and focus on new game. I can only imagine what shit show it was to play when it 1st came out.

Edited by enemy1987dkhr
  • Like 1

The first round of Mastery Challenges were mostly fine, except the one where you have to kill enemies in the fire (purely because it was difficult and even one enemy kill 'wasted' meant a restart because it was so tight on points) and the cave one where you could get all the way through and find the last enemy at the back hadn't spawned. So the way to do that was run past everyone right to the end and kill that guy first.

They actually patched that...not by fixing the buggy enemy but by lowering the points required so you had more leeway if he didn't spawn ?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, bsholmes1993 said:

You weren't there so you don't get a say in it. And yes it is as buggy as everyone else says it was as I was one of the people to complete it before they patched it.

preach that. It was horrid. But I had to do it even though I knew a patch would come eventually. 

On 4/14/2022 at 10:09 AM, BloodyRutz said:

You need to present the data to support this claim.

The data is there if you go and take a look at the game purchase stats.

With current stats (on this site) showing 71,000 game owners with 11,000 platinum's earned and 0 100%'s the data backs up what Jak was saying: that these expansions are only wanted by a small minority. The majority of players aren't playing them.

Only a very small minority of the 71k owners have purchased the dlc, so the data is backed up by numbers you can see on the site.

After up to 200 hours of game play, I can see why people aren't that mythered about additional content and further expansions - and with the bugs so many are reporting its hardly surprising that dlc content is being bought by less than 10% of the game owners.

Devs really need to get their acts together as poor or buggy content will turn people away from the franchise.

I sank 200 hours into the game, and enjoyed it up to a point. The River Raids were buggy for me, as we're a few of the Mastery Challenges, so I moved on as when a game becomes frustrating it ceases to be fun, and if it's not fun I dont see the point.

Frustrating is one thing, and I've played games that are frustratingly hard, but games that are frustrating due to poor AI mechanics or bugs or game progress glitches etc, that's a different frustration level.

I will probanly buy Ragnorak at some point, perhaps when I get a ps5 later this year, but I'll not be investing a huge time sink into broken dlc's.

As someone else posted above, if you don't like it, don't play it. And with the current stats showing 90 odd % of game owners aren't playing the broken bits.

• Like 2

On 14. 4. 2022 at 5:16 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

Why don't you just stfu and be on your way.

Came for Valhalla, stayed for friendly vibes ❤️

On 16. 4. 2022 at 3:34 AM, yoda_squad said:

The data is there if you go and take a look at the game purchase stats.

With current stats (on this site) showing 71,000 game owners with 11,000 platinum's earned and 0 100%'s the data backs up what Jak was saying: that these expansions are only wanted by a small minority. The majority of players aren't playing them.

Only a very small minority of the 71k owners have purchased the dlc, so the data is backed up by numbers you can see on the site.

After up to 200 hours of game play, I can see why people aren't that mythered about additional content and further expansions - and with the bugs so many are reporting its hardly surprising that dlc content is being bought by less than 10% of the game owners.

Devs really need to get their acts together as poor or buggy content will turn people away from the franchise.

I sank 200 hours into the game, and enjoyed it up to a point. The River Raids were buggy for me, as we're a few of the Mastery Challenges, so I moved on as when a game becomes frustrating it ceases to be fun, and if it's not fun I dont see the point.

Frustrating is one thing, and I've played games that are frustratingly hard, but games that are frustrating due to poor AI mechanics or bugs or game progress glitches etc, that's a different frustration level.

I will probanly buy Ragnorak at some point, perhaps when I get a ps5 later this year, but I'll not be investing a huge time sink into broken dlc's.

As someone else posted above, if you don't like it, don't play it. And with the current stats showing 90 odd % of game owners aren't playing the broken bits.

Appreciate you taking a time to actually reply. The guy above has much to learn from you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Came for Valhalla, stayed for friendly vibes ❤️

Appreciate you taking a time to actually reply. The guy above has much to learn from you.

Troll alert. I know you are only trying to get a reaction but you don't deserve one. I said my piece enough already.

I, for myself, enjoyed all the DLCs so far except the Mastery Challenges Season One. I'm not very happy that they're coming back, but whatever, I'm sure there are people who will enjoy them. I just hope they are not that buggy this time and that someone makes a video guide to help me get all the gold medals ?

6 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Just an FYI to everyone, the second set of challenges comes out tomorrow (April, 19th) alongside a new game update. Still no word that I can find detailing the amount of challenges being added to the game.

As long as they titled them "Pack 2" i bet we'll have 15 more challenges to complete. 

8 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

As long as they titled them "Pack 2" i bet we'll have 15 more challenges to complete. 

“Pack 2” doesn’t necessarily mean the same amount or length of challenges as the first set though. It just notes that the mastery challenge came in 2 parts. 

Besides, probably doesn’t mean anything, the update for tomorrow is about 2-3 gb while the title update for the first set of challenges was 5-6 gb. 

1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

“Pack 2” doesn’t necessarily mean the same amount or length of challenges as the first set though. It just notes that the mastery challenge came in 2 parts. 

Besides, probably doesn’t mean anything, the update for tomorrow is about 2-3 gb while the title update for the first set of challenges was 5-6 gb. 

Can't find release time or #of challenges either. But yet again, I'll start working on them as soon as they come out.

Hopefully they are less, and less buggy.

• Like 1

"Title update 1.5.1 will be deployed on all supported platforms today, April 19th, 2022, at 12 pm UTC/GMT, 1 pm CET, 7 am EST, 4 am PST, and 11 pm AEDT"

"Pack 2 introduces 3 new shrines and culminates in a boss fight which tests your abilities in each aspect of combat."

Full patch notes

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Argandalf said:

Can't find release time or #of challenges either. But yet again, I'll start working on them as soon as they come out.

Hopefully they are less, and less buggy.

You were a tremendous help on the first set of challenges, still can't thank you enough for your help on the stealth challenges.

14 minutes ago, SiC said:

"Title update 1.5.1 will be deployed on all supported platforms today, April 19th, 2022, at 12 pm UTC/GMT, 1 pm CET, 7 am EST, 4 am PST, and 11 pm AEDT"

"Pack 2 introduces 3 new shrines and culminates in a boss fight which tests your abilities in each aspect of combat."

Full patch notes

Yeah, that page is what I was keeping my eye on. Guess they finally updated the page with actual patch notes.

So if 3 challenges are still applicable to each shrine, it would mean 9 challenges plus a boss fight. I don't hate it, just hope the challenges aren't riddled with bugs and glitches this time around.

Also to note, it seems it is a requirement to complete the first set (15) of challenges to begin Part 2 Challenges but you won't need Dawn of Ragnarok like some were speculating.

Edited by BestUsername----

On 16/04/2022 at 4:06 PM, MrTrofyHunter said:

I think DLC adds to the lore, gameplay, and helps extend the life of a game. The value added, however, lies with the gamer.

But what would I know?

The Mastery Challenges are nothing more than score attack mini games for grins and don't add anything to the lore of the game or the history of our protagonist unlike the other DLC packs which do have some mythos attached to them.

Pack 2 is confirmed to have 9 challenges.

During the video it is said that the challenge goal scores were “re-approached”. What that means, I’m not sure. Could be new, lenient or stricter, score goals for the first set of challenges, a new system entirely, or the fact that they needed to change a score requirement during part one for that one arrow challenge. 

The end of the video also practically

confirms Challenge Tombs Part 2 as well. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Pack 2 is confirmed to have 9 challenges.

During the video it is said that the challenge goal scores were “re-approached”. What that means, I’m not sure. Could be new, lenient or stricter, score goals for the first set of challenges, a new system entirely, or the fact that they needed to change a score requirement during part one for that one arrow challenge. 

The end of the video also practically

confirms Challenge Tombs Part 2 as well. 

Yep, I figured they had to end the Fallen Tombs as we could still not enter the area in the Ravensthorpe location.

Challendes Patch is downloading, I'll post the challenges as soon as I have them :) The DLC guide itself will take a bit longer for the revision process. Hope it helps, and also hope they truly are revised.

• Like 2