Trophy Thoughts?

Very chill LEGO game. Hopefully supports ray tracing on PS5.

edit. It does.

The PS5 version of the game features ray tracing for an unprecedented realistic rendition of the LEGO bricks. The micro scale scenes really come to life to the point where it feels like you can reach out and pick up the bricks.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Hopefully supports ray tracing on PS5.

From the article I linked above:

The PS5 version of the game features ray tracing for an unprecedented realistic rendition of the LEGO bricks. 

This might be the foundation of the investment PlayStation just made with Lego into Epic's Lego metaverse.

• Like 2

Just finished a playthru on PS5 (where the trophy list doesn’t sync yet!)

Ridiculously charming game, and the way they convey everything with no dialogue works really well. Very easy list, though, so I’m not surprised it didn’t get a platinum.

Possibly not worth the full RRP as it was over in about 90 mins, but would definitely recommend on a bit of a discount

• Like 1

1 minute ago, codphanatic said:

PlayStation consoles being the last to get this game after Steam, Switch, and Xbox is not the foundation for anything lmao

Are you unfamiliar with the $2 Billion PlayStation invested into Epic along with Lego to build a metaverse? "It came to PS last" doesn't seem like a very substantive rebuttal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, codphanatic said:

PlayStation consoles being the last to get this game after Steam, Switch, and Xbox is not the foundation for anything lmao

Regardless of what platforms get a game first or last, allowing more people to play games like this is always a win in my book. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Are you unfamiliar with the $2 Billion PlayStation invested into Epic along with Lego to build a metaverse? "It came to PS last" doesn't seem like a very substantive rebuttal.

I am familiar, just like I am familiar with the concept of "along with", PS didn't invest in Lego or vice versa, PS invested alongside Lego into Epic.

1 hour ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Regardless of what platforms get a game first or last, allowing more people to play games like this is always a win in my book. 

I remember a time when Sony gave a damn that PlayStation would get indies as soon as a Steam launch or even before, and while I don't like when Sony has timed indie exclusives with say, Spelunky 2, I also really don't like being the last to get these indie titles. Add on Game Pass, and well.......

• 2 months later...

Honestly being a big Lego fan in gaming and IRL, I thought it was overpriced and kind of a letdown.  I know there is a video guide walkthrough and the game is relatively short, yet of course that meant I wanted to do it on my own without the guide.  With no dialogue at any point, or even text boxes so we could read or have a damn clue, pretty much the entire time you have to figure out what to do past the short n' basic tutorial at the beginning sand part.  Visually it looks great, for the pieces that don't look like legos, and legos are as to be expected.  The subliminal story that occurs and "hopefully" you pick up on it, is alright, yet I wouldn't say this moved me in some way like Journey the game did.  

I got to near the end of the underground area, or right near the Elevator trophy and I could not figure it out.  I was done playing for the night, yet I was like...I have no idea.  

Spoiler

Turns out it was the kids hat, I had to put that hat into that set of plugs so it could make me a few extra pieces below.

I did find that the section before this with the multicolored legos was kind of fun, as was the final parts with the robot and you are in almost a free build state as whatever block you place duplicates.  That was fun, and you felt free to some degree.  

Hopefully this them getting their feet wet, and can either improve upon this or go in a different direction.  It's overpriced, short, and needs some subtle hints at least.