Outriders Worldslayer Announced! $40

Kal-El457

Apparently a new "expansion" is coming. $40 for this update..what do you guys think? I found this game quite average all around, I had some fun with it but I'm not sure about a $40 expansion for this game. There is an upgrade for current owners of the game available >_>

Official Twitter Post

Edited by Kal-El457
  • Like 1

I thought the game was kinda fun for a looter shooter type.  However, If i gotta buy an expansion for $40.00 i'll pass on this company for now on.  i don't like surprise expansions that cost me money.  I hope they don't add trophies for the sake of wanting 100% so yeah if i gotta pay to keep it 1st off gonna wait for a sale and I won't buy games from this company anymore same way I won't buy Rebellion games day 1 after the multiple season pass shit they pulled with zombie army 4.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, darkb0nl_lx said:

It’s look like Warlords of New York DLC for The division 2. 
I actually play Outriders and I’ll buy it 1f60a.png

haha, I would consider it on a deep sale..my trickster has perfect gear in every slot(Hunt the Prey GOD Blinker) and my Techno was 99% complete at the time.

It does have a 10% discount with PS+ that also gives a 48 hour early access to it.  Not that that's a lot, but if you're really playing it you'd likely have plus already.  I'm on the fence, possibly waiting to see what the trophies are for it since the discount is valid up to launch. 

I did just get back into the game though, so if I do end up getting a good legendary build before then maybe I'll get it earlier.  We'll see.

The game was kind of lackluster in my opinion. I'll probably wait for a sale like I did with Assassin's Creed Valhalla and keep an eye on the content it provides to see if $40 (or any other price) is worth it for the DLC. I'll admit that trophy additions will sway my choice in purchasing the DLC.

Having spent a part of my vacation this past week doing the New Horizon trophies and finally getting to level 50 with a legendary build that I actually enjoy using, I'm definitely going to buy Worldslayers so I can hopefully keep my 100%.  Hopefully they don't do anything too tough or grindy for it's trophies, but I got at least one new buddy out of it that will be playing it.

On 22/04/2022 at 3:19 PM, Kal-El457 said:

Apparently a new "expansion" is coming. $40 for this update..what do you guys think? I found this game quite average all around, I had some fun with it but I'm not sure about a $40 expansion for this game. There is an upgrade for current owners of the game available >_>

Official Twitter Post

i sold the game after I 100%, but i paid for the Outriders Worldslayer edition on ps5. $90. whatever. Support the devs.

16 minutes ago, NetoStyle said:

I’ll just get it on sale. 40 bucks is a bit much in my opinion for a DLC, its almost like a full game 1f914.png

it has a new campaign and endgame stuff. So i expect an expansion like MH Iceborne was to World. With another Plat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind the $40...  to each is own on paying that much or not.  However, I will say that the "take the pod" trophy on the expedition DLC is glitched out for me.  I've contacted PCF and Square Enix and all they do is ignore me.  That makes me not want to pay anything for their content.  I paid full price for the game at launch...  now they ignore me when there is a glitch?  Be careful with these guys and furthermore if you have an issue I wish you the best of luck getting a response from them that is not just an automated response.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 6:28 AM, jb__trophyhunter said:

I don't mind the $40...  to each is own on paying that much or not.  However, I will say that the "take the pod" trophy on the expedition DLC is glitched out for me.  I've contacted PCF and Square Enix and all they do is ignore me.  That makes me not want to pay anything for their content.  I paid full price for the game at launch...  now they ignore me when there is a glitch?  Be careful with these guys and furthermore if you have an issue I wish you the best of luck getting a response from them that is not just an automated response.

Also, I wouldn't say I like the apathy many devs have towards trophy issues. I've experienced some real doozies on games; one title took nearly 23 months to fix a bronze trophy issue. I'm still waiting on news for another game that I reported in October 2021. I sometimes wish Sony had a trophy escalation team to which you could submit these issues, and PS can reach out to the devs for resolution. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, QuickAsAWhip said:

Will this take away the 100 percent trophies or be classed as a separate game with a new platinum? 

While no 1 can actually say for sure I assume because it's an expansion it will have some new trophies like the last expansion but not a plat.

• Like 1

Square Enix claims this title lost them money.  Hard to imagine they decided to make more content for it if that is the case.  With that said I expect it to be repetitive in nature and a big rip off for $40.00.  I thought the original game was pretty decent.  I enjoyed my time with it more than other looster shooter types.  I just can't imagine high quality content for a loosing game,  I'd say it's a quick cash grab for the small die hard base. Probably very little content that you grind over and over again for the best loot in the game.

• Like 1

The wording on this is strange. It's a new campaign but in the form of an expansion rather than an entirely new game? It isn't far off the full price of a new game either. I'm guessing they didn't want to make it its own thing and instead decided to bolt it on to the already existing game. There's even a physical version up for pre-order and it includes the original game. I'm hoping trophy wise it'll be a separate thing from the original game, because I'm not close to finishing it yet, and it's been a fairly generic and boring experience so far. Gameplay is okay, if not the best, but the story is so uninspired and bland. If this new campaign/expansion is going to be more of the same then I'd rather be able to opt out of playing it from a trophy perspective. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely pay full price for games and I ended up buying Outriders at launch because I was in one of those gaming ruts where I was struggling to find anything to play.

The game had a ton of problems around launch, most notably around the atrocious network issues that made playing multiplayer extremely buggy. Yet somehow I just couldn't stop playing, something about the core loop had me hooked even with all the bugs and dumb story. 

Excited to see the expansion, I'm hoping it can help to draw more people in this game. It is very refreshing to play a looter shooter with no MTX. This comes through as the game was designed to always make you feel like you are making progress. I always feel powerful when I  played this game, and it felt very obtainable to get legendary loot. No issues supporting the dev at full price here (assuming the network issues have been fixed). 

• 2 weeks later...

So in regards to this topic this dlc is way over priced.  exactly what I though it would be a quick money grab.  The story while ok only takes a few hours to complete and then you have the end game grind which consists of fighting through he same few areas over and over again while on look out for better gear.  only difference here is the rate in which legendary items drops.  The entire expansion can be finished in 4 hours or less that is the campaign and the end game boss rush,  they couldn't even be bothered to make different bosses the 1st and last boss of the post campaign content are the same boss.  there are also some side missions and wouldn't you know they incorporated the same boss into one of those.  So out of the 6 or 7 bosses you encounter in the entire dlc 3 are the exact same one.   

Some people will argue this is a lot of content i'm sure but grinding the damn thing over and over isn't fresh content or a new idea.    This expansion was aimed to take advantage of the fan base who were dying for some additional content and to some extent I see why if you were a die hard fan you would be happy to finally get decent drop rate on some legendaries but aside from that this should have been sold at about half the price.  all the enemies are the same as the base game with exception of a few bosses which they use over and over again.  The game sports a slow progression bar that levels you all the way to level 40.  playing this same end game content to level 40 would drive most people insane.  I'm bored to death of doing the same thing and haven't even hit level 25 and can't break down the same gear fast enough to pick the new gear up off the ground.

I liked outriders but expansions like this are garbage.  

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 2