Mayo Takes #1 Spot From Elden Ring LOL

Camokidd87

Forbidden West will likely take the #1 by the end of the month due to increased sales with restocks and bundles but will be quickly supplanted by at least one of the PS Plus games. Elden Ring most certainly had an incredible run and hey if you count PS4 and PS5 versions it'll still be the #1 most played game for another little while

Edited by Stan Lee

Mods getting triggered and deleting my message calling out worthless plats... thanks mods. Anyway: psnprofiles can easily add an optional description to each profile like the number of repeat plats. For example 1 repeat platinum in my profile (for Fall Guys) or >120 repeat platinums in a profile I saw recently. This way you can compare on a level that isn't possible through leader boards.

And yes I'm happy people are getting plats by spending $1 and pressing one button but I would also be happy to see that highlighted for comparison.

Just saying this so it's said - If we are going by this site alone - Top Played is only based on the registered users on the site itself and doesn't account for the entire PS user base. If you take the total registered site users here, we account for roughly 0.4% of the entire PS user base. We're literally a fart in a hurricane compared to the rest of the family.

1 hour ago, LuckySIime said:

just because a game is hard does not make a trophy list hard there is a difference between a hard game and a hard trophy list

There's a correlation 

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Just saying this so it's said - If we are going by this site alone - Top Played is only based on the registered users on the site itself and doesn't account for the entire PS user base. If you take the total registered site users here, we account for roughly 0.4% of the entire PS user base. We're literally a fart in a hurricane compared to the rest of the family.

You've just now come to that conclusion? But you're correct

That's also why rare trophies here are only rare because of this site and uncommon trophies would actually be rare on Playstation, but not here. And yet we have rarity hunters

13 minutes ago, sci-fi-math said:

Mods getting triggered and deleting my message calling out worthless plats... thanks mods. Anyway: psnprofiles can easily add an optional description to each profile like the number of repeat plats. For example 1 repeat platinum in my profile (for Fall Guys) or >120 repeat platinums in a profile I saw recently. This way you can compare on a level that isn't possible through leader boards.

And yes I'm happy people are getting plats by spending $1 and pressing one button but I would also be happy to see that highlighted for comparison.

Actually, I reported you and the mods rightfully took your hostile reply down

10 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

A point that many people on this website seem to miss

No, you just seem to miss the correlation. Getting any trophy in a hard game is still hard, because the game is hard, even if the trophy list itself is easy, it's still hard to obtain within a hard game

6 minutes ago, lostforever77 said:

You've just now come to that conclusion? But you're correct

Thanks for verifying and validating what I said, I literally can't write anything unless I have someone helping me like that....

I don't know where in my post I came across as just suddenly discovering this, but no, it's generally something I regard as common sense (I'm a data analyst by trade). But some people forget that and assume we account for the entire user base (at least they come across with that assumption). I'm sure many folks keep that in mind, but some don't, hence me saying 'Just saying this, so it's said', to cater for both parties ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lostforever77 said:

No, you just seem to miss the correlation. Getting any trophy in a hard game is still hard, because the game is hard, even if the trophy list itself is easy, it's still hard to obtain within a hard game

No, that's not true. Even hard games have easy trophies. Some hard games just have more easy trophies. This game has an over 41% plat. That speaks to difficulty?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

No, that's not true. Even hard games have easy trophies. Some hard games just have more easy trophies. This game has an over 41% plat. That speaks to difficulty?

You missed my point. So let's drop this.

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Thanks for verifying and validating what I said, I literally can't write anything unless I have someone helping me like that....

I don't know where in my post I came across as just suddenly discovering this, but no, it's generally something I regard as common sense (I'm a data analyst by trade). But some people forget that and assume we account for the entire user base (at least they come across with that assumption). I'm sure many folks keep that in mind, but some don't, hence me saying 'Just saying this, so it's said', to cater for both parties 1f601.png

No need to be condescending. My reply wasn't intended as condescending either. Why can't y'all be civil?

1 minute ago, CelestialRequiem said:

All Souls games have easy plats; they also aren't 

4 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

No man, I just think your point is wrong

And you're welcome to think that. I'm also not a man BTW 

Edited by lostforever77
Missing info

15 minutes ago, lostforever77 said:

Actually, I reported you and the mods rightfully took your hostile reply down

Yeah right. I will say it again: profiles with hundreds of repeat plats and hundreds of games like Mayo don't deserve any respect from gamers or trophy hunters. There should be an option for any psnprofiles user to highlight such profiles so they can compare them in a way not possible through leader boards.

1 minute ago, sci-fi-math said:

Yeah right. I will say it again: profiles with hundreds of repeat plats and hundreds of games like Mayo don't deserve any respect from gamers or trophy hunters. There should be an option for any psnprofiles user to highlight such profiles so they can compare them in a way not possible through leader boards.

Why are you repeating yourself? And yes, I reported you and I'm not ashamed to admit that

3 minutes ago, sci-fi-math said:

1 minute ago, lostforever77 said:

Why are you repeating yourself? And yes, I reported you and I'm not ashamed to admit that

I think you two should drop this before it escalates. Also, @sci-fi-math repeating a post a moderator has removed is never a good idea. It was removed for a reason.

• Like 2

It wont last, at best most people will finish mayo in 1-2 hours but elden ring is a massive 100 hour rpg thats probably gonna keep selling reasonable anounts of copies years down the road not to mention theres a high chance there may be at least some dlc coming for elden ring that may push it back to the top spot even if it doesn't have trophies.