Do any of y'all still have your original PS3?

Preparada

Kinda. My first PS3 was a used one that died minutes after I started the first game on it (for free, though). And no, I don't think it's because the game was extremely demanding. Lego Harry Potter is not the pinnacle of PS3 graphical prowess.

I then decided to get a new one after sending the defunct one in for repair did nothing. That one I still have, though the WiFi doesn't work anymore. I ended up just plugging it into wired instead of replacing it.

Edited by shadaik

Still have my Winter 2009 Slim that mostly works but can't play "bigger" disc games like Mass Effect, Final Fantasy XIII etc. but still plays most discs and all digital games fine with no issues, however I mainly use another Slim I got brand new back in 2021 and gave my original one to my brother.

Nope I just got my third one today. I sold my first one when I thought I was done with PS3 games. My second one was dying but I had given it to my bf at the time and it finally died while he was playing GTA V. Even if it hadn't died he would've left it with his aunt across the country and I never would have seen it again anyways (good thing I knew it would die but my GameCube was still good and let's just say there's a reason he's an ex).

This one will be my forever baby. 

• 3 weeks later...

Still have my Slim from 2012 and it still working, but i played mostly everything i wanted on it so it's having a well deserved rest. The funny thing is that before that i had a Xbox 360 which RROD-ed fairly quick. I had it replaced with a new one, thanks to the warranty, but it RROD-ed almost immediately. So after that i just asked for my money back, bought the Slim and never looked back. 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 4:43 PM, Viper said:

I still have my 120GB Slim PS3. It got YLOD in 2014 though and I never got around to getting thermal paste for it...just bought a 500GB Super Slim PS3 instead (which I also still have).

Finally got around to getting that Thermal Paste and tried to fix my Slim...but, to no avail. I even applied it twice just incase I messed up the first time (I didn't). No idea what could be wrong with it. 

I assume the YLOD was because back in 2014 the disc drive failed on me, so I had bought a new one...the day before it showed up, I broke down the PS3, all the way, to clean it and get it ready for the new drive. I installed the drive, the system turned on just fine, the new drive worked great. So I turned it off and back on again just to make sure...then the YLOD happened. I didn't realize what I did until a couple years later...my break down to clean it, I separated the thermal paste. So why it turned on the first time after installing the new disc drive, I don't know...and I figured that's what lead to the YLOD in the first place, so why replacing the paste now doesn't work baffles me. It still powers on, so the power supply is fine. 

Edited by Viper

No sadly not. My OG PS3 is still at my parents house and broken. But I'm not willing to throw it away haha. Maybe someday I will pick it up and try to repair it (what could go wrong haha?). I'm curious whats on that broken PS3. But now I have two other PS3. Just for boosting some trophies by myself. 

Still use my ps3 slim from 2010. Still works fine. My ps4 has been on the fritz for awhile. Mainly a power issue where if it stays plugged in after use it won't turn back on unless I unplug for a period of time. Doesn't matter where I plug into. So if I ever do use the ps4, I just unplug it afterwards. But my ps3 still works fine with no issues.

• 1 month later...

I've still got my original fat PS3 from 2009 which had Uncharted packed in. I think the fat model was phased out later that year.

It's still working fine, although it went unused for about 5 and a half years from 2012-2018, so it doesn't have the mileage on it that other consoles from the same era might have. And so far the CMOS battery still works, but I don't know for how much longer. Guess I'll need to look up how to replace it when the time comes...

• 2 months later...

Sadly my 80gb launch got the ylod. I wish I still had it and wish we could have modded them to be more durable. I have a refurb but haven't changed since. I recently changed the laser in a slim ps2 and am waiting to see how long I have left with my ps3 before I buy a new one. 

• 1 month later...

I still have mine and it was a Day One FAT 60GB. Sadly it stopped working in 2013 and never taken it to get repaired...yet. I just recently found it in the garage with my original 22 games I had and had forgotten and was suppressed. In that short time I now bought and own over 300 PS3 Games so far lol;

I sure do! Still have my original 60GB version that has both PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility (although I actually never used the feature). It died twice from YLOD and the second time I did pay to get it fixed, but then only used it sparingly until I got the first PS3 Slim that came in a bundle with CoD: Black Ops. Luckily I never had any issues with it, despite it going through long gaming and video streaming sessions lol. I don’t currently have it plugged in, but I still have a small backlog on there to play haha.