Recommended build for NG+ on Ultra Hard

HusKy

14 minutes ago, cffc8 said:

Is it just me, or is Spectre Prime (Tilda) almost impossible to defeat in UH? I've been trying for more than 6 hours and I can't! I spend most of the battle running away and attacking without taking damage, but one mistake is enough and I die with 1 attack. Super frustrating. I had some problems with other bosses along the UH but after a few attempts I ended up getting it. In this final boss I'm not getting it, the worst thing is that I think I've come really close to defeating because Aloy said "just a few more attacks are missing"

What armour are you using?

I had the Nora thunder Warrior.

Use a spike thrower, I had a  maxed out Skykiller and Wings of Ten. It all hinges on a good valour surge to, that really gives you an edge. Just go through the valour surges and see which suits your playstyle best.

When she goes down use explosive spikes or bombs.... I didn't use it, but there's a spike thrower that uses drill spikes, they should rip in and cause a lot of damage.

Just change your load out to try different weapons, try takibg in decent spikethrower and WoT.

Blast forge is decent when she's down but a PitA to reload.

You can also try planting traps, bombs etc, they will cause a fair bit of damage.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, deldoomgun said:

I defeated her primarily using Wings of Ten Blast Sling and Forgefall Sharpshot bow. Defeated her on my second attempt.

I had the wings of Ten Blast. But dont had Forgefall. 

46 minutes ago, yoda_squad said:

What armour are you using?

I had the Nora thunder Warrior.

Use a spike thrower, I had a  maxed out Skykiller and Wings of Ten. It all hinges on a good valour surge to, that really gives you an edge. Just go through the valour surges and see which suits your playstyle best.

When she goes down use explosive spikes or bombs.... I didn't use it, but there's a spike thrower that uses drill spikes, they should rip in and cause a lot of damage.

Just change your load out to try different weapons, try takibg in decent spikethrower and WoT.

Blast forge is decent when she's down but a PitA to reload.

You can also try planting traps, bombs etc, they will cause a fair bit of damage.

I have Tenakh high marchal armour. I use skyller and defiance to throw spike. But in some point later, runs out. 

i will try a little more times. 

10 minutes ago, cffc8 said:

I have Tenakh high marchal armour. I use skyller and defiance to throw spike. But in some point later, runs out. 

Just try using different valour surge. I think it's L1 then R1 once you have one equipped in the skills menu.... I didn't know anything about valour surge till I got to that fight with the slaughter spine in the cauldron. There's one that boosts your health bar which made all the difference for me. (Not the one where you can drink a health potion).

But with the Nora thunder Warrior armour I was getting to where she goes down for the second and third time without too much hassle.

Edited by yoda_squad

4 hours ago, cffc8 said:

If you don't have Forgefall then regalla's Wrath is a nice alternative (The purple grade sharpshot bow that you get automatically from story progression).

• Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 3:53 AM, deldoomgun said:

If you don't have Forgefall then regalla's Wrath is a nice alternative (The purple grade sharpshot bow that you get automatically from story progression).

I think I had both in my load out, I also had a 100% tear coil on one, did a stupid amount of damage ?

On 19.12.2022 at 2:04 PM, deldoomgun said:

Damn I just did my NG+ Ultra hard run, you can't even change the difficulty down within the same playthrough, even after finishing the story. Its bound to be either a near 100% full playthrough of everything on Ultra hard NG+, or do another NG++ on easy just to make it easier to obtain the champion tokens.

These three bloody bronze trophyies is so ridiculous. Its asking you to completely play the same game again (for a third time). Its a massive dick move for us trophy hunters.

I'm never going to buy or play anymore games developed by Guerrilla Games ever.

Oh nooo! Not the challenge! They should give me the platinum for completing the game!

Edited by POMARANCZA123PL

I played the game Story only first time around then my platinum run on easy ng+ for the champions tokens. I fully upgraded the Nora Thunder Armor ready for my ultra hard run. I used the ng+ weapons, of those I only upgraded the Tears of the Land God to maybe level 2 or 3? I had no problems with it. Its harder than the first game for sure, slower progress too but the gear i had was more than enough. I didn't upgrade any potion/ammo bags beyond that needed for the trophy either.

• 1 month later...

Today for the 1st time I started with PS5 version on UH, and if I can beat it to the end - will celebrate!

Then will continue with NG+ on Ultra Easy.

Hope that combination is possible... If most of you advise me to stop this struggle, please confirm it!?  ?

Edited by Vynzen

On 2/26/2023 at 3:50 AM, Vynzen said:

Today for the 1st time I started with PS5 version on UH, and if I can beat it to the end - will celebrate!

Hope that combination is possible... If most of you advise me to stop this struggle, please confirm it!?  1f915.png

If your starting on ultra hard you will be in for a massive challenge most people do new game plus for it so they can get the best armours and preferred weapons then max them out in the first playthrough then go into the hardest setting on ng+ so it's not so rough and it's still pretty rough

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 2

On 26/02/2023 at 9:50 AM, Vynzen said:

Hope that combination is possible... If most of you advise me to stop this struggle, please confirm it!?  1f915.png

Without upgraded weapons UH would be a rough ride.

Even if you play only the story missions (which you would do on a UH playthrough) you're not going to be getting g the materials to upgrade anything.

UH with upgraded gear isn't a cakewalk; I struggled with two or three of the boss fights, without the decent gear I had from my 1st playthrough it would have been impossible. 

Even the spectres would have been tough without decent gear. Spectre Prime is also a headache, even with everything maxed out.

My guess is, unless your a hardcore gamer, as soon as you square up to the Slaughterspine on UH with standard weapons it will be game over, dude. That battle was almost game over for me, and I was taking most other machines down with one hit till then.

Go the easiest route first, upgrade everything, max out the weapons you really like, max out armour, pouches & pay attention to the valour surge etc, then hit NG+ fully tooled up for the job. That way you'll enjoy the game and still get a decent challenge.

Edited by yoda_squad
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's great that sony made picture-in-picture for their browser. I used it while beating NG+ and NG++ on UH. Watching/listening your youtube "watch later" folder while playing this game 2 times again. This game is great, but playing it again 2 times (15 hours) were very boring if I haven't used this feature. Keep in mind this if your are playing smth boring

Fully upgraded Nora Thunder Warrior is easily the best outfit for Ultra Hard.

As for weapons, I primarily used a fully-upgraded Death Seeker's Shadow 95% of the time. With extra concentration weaves you have practically endless slowdown time with the precision arrows so you just chip away at most enemies from a distance and take them down focusing on their weak spots. Ammo is extremely cheap and only costs some Ridgewood which you'll have tons by this point. 

The last 3 main missions will force you to use stronger weapons though, specifically the Slaughterspine fight during Gemini and obviously the final boss. If you have the Specter Gauntlet that you get from Burning Shores DLC, now is the time to use it. Very helpful for the Slaughterspine fight and also for the final boss. Save all resources you need for Specter Gauntlet ammo for this and it's worth farming Sparkers just to be safe. I ended up running out during the final boss but managed to finish her off with Death Seeker's Shadow but just barely. The only other weapon I used was The Skykiller spike thrower and that was mainly just for the Regalla fight as she's a bit of a damage sponge with just arrows but she's weak to the spike thrower explosives and fire so just keep pelting her with those when you can. Her attacks are easily dodgeable so she really isn't too bad. 

Overall, ultra hard is pretty easy with good gear and upgrades except for Gemini and Singularity. Those will test you but I thought it was easier than Zero Dawn on ultra hard in the end. Only died 4 times and one of those was stupidly jumping in the lava during Faro's Tomb and killing myself by accident. Died during Gemini twice and once during the final boss. Not too bad I think. 

• 1 month later...
On 07/06/2023 at 6:44 PM, mega-tallica said:

Fully upgraded Nora Thunder Warrior is easily the best outfit for Ultra Hard.

As for weapons, I primarily used a fully-upgraded Death Seeker's Shadow 95% of the time. With extra concentration weaves you have practically endless slowdown time with the precision arrows so you just chip away at most enemies from a distance and take them down focusing on their weak spots. Ammo is extremely cheap and only costs some Ridgewood which you'll have tons by this point. 

The last 3 main missions will force you to use stronger weapons though, specifically the Slaughterspine fight during Gemini and obviously the final boss. If you have the Specter Gauntlet that you get from Burning Shores DLC, now is the time to use it. Very helpful for the Slaughterspine fight and also for the final boss. Save all resources you need for Specter Gauntlet ammo for this and it's worth farming Sparkers just to be safe. I ended up running out during the final boss but managed to finish her off with Death Seeker's Shadow but just barely. The only other weapon I used was The Skykiller spike thrower and that was mainly just for the Regalla fight as she's a bit of a damage sponge with just arrows but she's weak to the spike thrower explosives and fire so just keep pelting her with those when you can. Her attacks are easily dodgeable so she really isn't too bad. 

Overall, ultra hard is pretty easy with good gear and upgrades except for Gemini and Singularity. Those will test you but I thought it was easier than Zero Dawn on ultra hard in the end. Only died 4 times and one of those was stupidly jumping in the lava during Faro's Tomb and killing myself by accident. Died during Gemini twice and once during the final boss. Not too bad I think. 

If you dont have the Dlc which weapons do you recommend besides that bow??

Just as a general addition to this discussion as far as having all of the DLCs, I went into the New Game + Ultra Hard with a fully upgraded Nora Thunder Warrior outfit and since I played the Burning Shores DLC on PS5, I almost exclusively used the Spectre Gauntlet through the whole game. As I had built up a fairly large amount of resources from my previous run, I had enough to keep the ammunition fully stocked for the whole playthrough and it was an absolute walk in the park. When it came to the battle with Tilda, the only thing that I did differently through my playthrough was to select the Overshield Valour for the fight as she has extremely high damage output. That negated the threat quite well and helped immensely. Apart from the Outfit, I upgraded absolutely nothing else for NG+ and like I said it was all thanks to the Burning Shores! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 14 months later after starting thread and it's finally done. In the end, I didn't use any special loadout and I just winged it with whatever I had -- most important weapon being Specter Gauntlet from Burning Shores DLC.

My route to 100% was:

1. NG ---> Platinum
  2. NG+ ----> Main Quest + Burning Shores + some extra stuff ---> 87 tokens
  3. NG++ UH ----> 38 tokens = 125 tokens

Overall, it felt like a slog. No idea why they felt the urge to include the trophy for buying all that useless equipment.

• Like 2

good evening,
for over 2 months i stuck in desperate tries to defeat the cauldron theta boss fight in a NG+ on ultra hard.
have been trying most setups from various youtube playthroughs. eventually i want to continue the story of the addon and complete the game.
if anyone would kindly be able to assist to complete that barrier i would be very grateful.
PM me so we can add each other on PSN. thank you for the assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-08-01 at 5:28 PM, HusKy said:

Well, 14 months later after starting thread and it's finally done. In the end, I didn't use any special loadout and I just winged it with whatever I had -- most important weapon being Specter Gauntlet from Burning Shores DLC.

My route to 100% was:

1. NG ---> Platinum
  2. NG+ ----> Main Quest + Burning Shores + some extra stuff ---> 87 tokens
  3. NG++ UH ----> 38 tokens = 125 tokens

Overall, it felt like a slog. No idea why they felt the urge to include the trophy for buying all that useless equipment.

I’m finally done the plat. I basically did a 100% playthorough, which probably wasn’t optimally efficient but I wanted to enjoy the game. I’ve been doing some farming to upgrade gear, was planning to do the UH run next. But would it be better to do NG+ on story first, to get the NG+ gear?

I’m wondering what your final loadout was for UH - was it rough to get through?

5 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I’m wondering what your final loadout was for UH - was it rough to get through?

Well, all of the weapons and even the armor I used came from Burning Shores and you are playing the PS4 version. In your case the best you can probably do is check out some of the older loadouts people recommended in this thread.

UH in HFW is definitely harder but I did not have too much trouble with it. I died several times but I have not encountered any roadblocks personally.

• Like 3

So, it's been a while since I jumped into the game, and honestly, I can't even remember the weapon names anymore. But what sticks in my head is:

• Used this cool elemental warrior bow with 3 frost mods. Frosty times!
  • Had a couple of other warrior bows for regular arrows - pimped one out with overcharge mods and the other with overdraw mods.
  • Then there was that disc launcher that shot thunder ammo, decked out with 3 thunder mods - electrifying stuff!
  • Oh, and my trusty purple rope caster, packing normal rope ammo but tricked out with 3 draw time mods. Perfect for taming those big machines by stapling 'em down.

Gameplay wasn't too bad overall. Just watch out for those sneaky cobra snake robots, they can be a real pain. And if you wanna make life easier, remember:

• Freeze stuff for double damage - 
  • Shock 'em for a little stun action - 
  • Slow or adhesive effects are the way to go for those grizzly bear robots or any big, angry bots. 

Don't be stressed or overthink it. This game isn't notorious for being hard, so Ultra Hard really just means that you are a gamer and not a game journalist. You will be fine :)

I did my NG plus ultra-hard before Burning Shores got released. so don't stress if you do not have those new weapons

Edited by SomeGuyInSyd
added some stuff
  • Like 1