Online Shutdown on 1st September 2022

pewiha

https://www.ubisoft.com/de-de/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396

The servers will shut down 1st of September 2022.

Hope everyone can get finish the grind for awesomeness. 

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396

Edited by DaivRules
Added English link
  • Like 1

thank you for the heads up. seems other titles are getting shut down too.

i may have to change plans and worry about any of the shutdown games i can plat if i finish the online requirements.

Edited by Lordguwa

10 minutes ago, Conker said:

Sucks for PS3 people, but pls keep the vita ones for longer pls, I still have a whole level left ugh

The server is a different one, because Vita was available, Ps3 was offline. Perhaps the have announced it due to greater maintenance activities. 

Unfortunately the firmware update of Ps3 in May lead to reduced player activity. It is much harder to get gold. 

I have luck need only 250 more points, so I will finish the online grind this month, if nothing happens. 

Oh, great. Even if I got Gold Cups on every single challenge without fail, it's already too late with my current Awesomeness points.

I was one trophy away. One trophy away from not only clearing up the online grind, but from getting the Platinum as a whole. I don't think I'll get screwed over by a server shutdown quite this badly for a long time.

• Like 2

Everything has an end, this was no exception, it was a really good run, 9 years of online services.

For all the negatives Ubisoft has, they do have good online services, the PS3 AC games are still up, despite their age.

For those that have not started the game yet, you will not have enough time to get the online grind done at this point. So don't bother starting it up unless you don't care about being unable to get the plat! :( 

If you're extremely skilled at the game enough to reach the top 1% in EVERY daily/weekly challenge available, you can get the plat within 30 days. But if you're only good enough for the gold rank (top 10% iirc), it would take you a minimum of 3 months to reach the max level, which of course means you'd be too late to finish the grind in time. :( 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

For those that have not started the game yet, you will not have enough time to get the online grind done at this point. So don't bother starting it up unless you don't care about being unable to get the plat! :( 

If you're extremely skilled at the game enough to reach the top 1% in EVERY daily/weekly challenge available, you can get the plat within 30 days. But if you're only good enough for the gold rank (top 10% iirc), it would take you a minimum of 3 months to reach the max level, which of course means you'd be too late to finish the grind in time. :( 

Thanks for that. I was about to start the game on PS3 soon, but I knew with the amount of time left, I wouldn't be able to get the Platinum in time.

Just now, Sunnyburrito said:

People had 9 years to get this but I'm sure someone will create a petition to re-open the servers in the near future.

It's not like devs had to make this trophy online at all.
That's my gripe with things like this, it's always 1 stupid trophy put there just for the sake of it. 

Anyway, at least Ubisoft gave a heads up. Not the best one, but a really good one.

10 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

It's not like devs had to make this trophy online at all.
That's my gripe with things like this, it's always 1 stupid trophy put there just for the sake of it. 

Anyway, at least Ubisoft gave a heads up. Not the best one, but a really good one.

Absolutely, like Resident Evil Revelation that one trophy to use a co op attack on an enemy...I mean, they could but why tho.

To be honest they should announce server closures (for games like this one) that way if you start day of annoucment you should get trophy. If they gave people 4 or 5 months it would be fair but not like that. 

It works with most games.

Edited by WiktorM101

10 hours ago, Varhur said:

Why there's gotta be this type of comment on every single shutdown thread.

Probably because the very next comment after yours is someone wanting to ask Ubisoft to delay the shutdown by a month 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

To be honest they should announce server closures (for games like this one) that way if you start day of annoucment you should get trophy. If they gave people 4 or 5 months it would be fair but not like that. 

It works with most games.

Technically you can get all the trophies if you start now, but it's heavily skill dependant. You'd need to get at least a gold cup on all the challenges, with a bunch of diamond ones thrown in there too.

It would be impossible for Ubi to give enough notice to people for everyone to get this done in time as it's entirely possible to never be able to finish the last level of awesomeness if you are particularly terrible at the challenges, as you don't get any cup, and therefore no points at all, for finishing outside the top 90%. Now while it's highly unlikely for that to happen to the same person, you do have to remember that 10% of all players will get absolutely nothing for each challenge done. This means that Ubi would probably have to give about 2 years notice for this game, as that's around how long it will take to get enough points from the online challenges while only getting a bronze cup each time.

Ubi probably figured with the game being nearly 10 years old now, that 2 months notice would be long enough for people to clean up the last cups they still needed. They weren't catering to the people who hadn't bothered to start the game.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Technically you can get all the trophies if you start now, but it's heavily skill dependant. You'd need to get at least a gold cup on all the challenges, with a bunch of diamond ones thrown in there too.

Yeah that's my point. If they gave you enough time to get trophy with golds only that would be ok. Golds are easly obtainable everyday. I did it that way on ps4. Diamonds are just too much. Again 4-5 months would be fair. You can get trophy with gold everyday/some silvers and 1 bronze for last trophy and you still have time to spare

Edited by WiktorM101

11 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

Yeah that's my point. If they gave you enough time to get trophy with golds only that would be ok. Golds are easly obtainable everyday. I did it that way on ps4. Diamonds are just too much. Again 4-5 months would be fair. You can get trophy with gold everyday/some silvers and 1 bronze for last trophy and you still have time to spare

Yeah, but gold cups are only given out to the top 20%. What about the other 80% that would miss out? Not everyone can get a gold cup every day due to that. Maybe Ubi should have given 6 months notice, but they obviously decided that 2 months notice was enough for a near decade old game.

22 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Yeah, but gold cups are only given out to the top 20%. What about the other 80% that would miss out? Not everyone can get a gold cup every day due to that. Maybe Ubi should have given 6 months notice, but they obviously decided that 2 months notice was enough for a near decade old game.

Not everyone is trophy hunter, so not 80% is missing out. Additionally some of currently playing have some points from previous grind, some of them even have trophy. 6 months is even better but yeah I think 4 months is ok heads-up.