Phantasy Star Online 2 and New Genesis coming August 31

Global version uses the same trophy list as the old Japanese ver

Once maintenance is over I'll see if it autopop trophies. Prolly works the same as Xbox

EDIT: No autopops for both games

Edited by DesmaBR

9 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Global version uses the same trophy list as the old Japanese ver

Once maintenance is over I'll see if it autopop trophies. Prolly works the same as Xbox

If it has the same list... what would be auto popping? Do you have a source? I played the JP version but have been blocked from the New Genesis trophies because I am not physically located in Japan.

11 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

If it has the same list... what would be auto popping? Do you have a source? I played the JP version but have been blocked from the New Genesis trophies because I am not physically located in Japan.

No idea, honestly

30 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

How big is the download? They manage to reduce it from the 100GBs on PC?

6 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I have 2 games in the store, PSO 2 Data 1/2/3 and PSO 2 Genesis. Which of them is the game I need to download?

Install size it's just 50gb, as it seems like you can install Classic PSO2 separately.

If you install Classic PSO2, it goes up to 100gb

New Genesis is the new version, and I'd only advise going back to Classic if you really want the trophies

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Install size it's just 50gb, as it seems like you can install Classic PSO2 separately.

If you install Classic PSO2, it goes up to 100gb

New Genesis is the new version, and I'd only advise going back to Classic if you really want the trophies

Thank you for your answer. Can I earn the Trophies for PSO 2 while I play PSO 2 Genesis?

Edited by Sikutai

10 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

While we're waiting for the current PSNP trophy list to update: TT has the English trophy list for those that want to see it.

I can read in one of the first trophies *Not unlockable in NGS*. How it works the game? Can I change to base game and NGS when I want? If I start in NGS I have to start a new game for this trophy?

1 minute ago, Angulus said:

I can read in one of the first trophies *Not unlockable in NGS*. How it works the game? Can I change to base game and NGS when I want? If I start in NGS I have to start a new game for this trophy?

Unfortunately, it's been about nine years since I've last played PSO 2, so I'm not quite equipped to answer that question. Hopefully a more recent player will be able to address that; it's definitely something that a player interested in both games would want to know.

28 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

While we're waiting for the current PSNP trophy list to update: TT has the English trophy list for those that want to see it.

I've requested it in the thread for list re-scanning.

17 minutes ago, Angulus said:

I believe the old version is available as a separate download as "pso2 classic" or something to that effect. This would be used the access the old version for the older trophy content. But I did it back when it was JP only so I can't say so with absolute certainty.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Angulus said:

Yes, once you get to a Ryuker Device you can swap to Classic PSO2

6 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Thank you for your answer. Can I earn the Trophies for PSO 2 while I play PSO 2 Genesis?

No, you gotta swap to Classic

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

Yes, once you get to a Ryuker Device you can swap to Classic PSO2

I am able to play PSO 2 before I have access to the Ryuker Device. I just always start PSO 2 from the Main Menü, after the character selection I can always choose PSO 2 or New Genesis.

Edited by Sikutai

PS5 version is inevitable someday, just not now. Just like how PS4 superseded Vita version, and NGS can go 10 years like PSO2 did if they want. As they decided against a PSO3 and went NGS because of shared system, and AC investments. My only beef since NGS launch is playing anime monster of the week each major patch, instead of controversial things like Episode 5.

19 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I cant find the game in the dutch psn store. There is an icon on the main page but when i click it i get:

Can't find what you are looking for.

Game has lootboxes and depends on the devs how they read the Dutch rules around lootboxes. Sadly Sega choose to not release the game in the Dutch store. But it's easy to download from the UK store. Dont need to spend money to get the trophy's anyway.