Phantasy Star Online 2 and New Genesis coming August 31

I had already put in a cool 300+ hours on the original Japanese PSO2 (only missing the New Genesis trophies) years ago. Looking forward to putting another 300 in!

I always loved the server-wide boss fights and collaboration events. Hopefully we'll see some of them in the localized release.

17 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

OMG!!!! I played PSO on the Dreamcast for 10 million hours. Finally we can play PSO 2 in the West. I waited 20 years for this.

Same (except it was on Gamecube for me)

If I hadn't just dropped £80 on PS+Extra because I had nothing to play I'd be going PSO all day every day! :P

• Like 1

I'm kinda excited and not at the same time. I waited too long for this and while I enjoyed it on pc when it came a few years ago, I just felt that the excitement was totally gone.

I'll keep an eye out for curiosity sake i suppose.

2 hours ago, jimbob12345678 said:

Same (except it was on Gamecube for me)

If I hadn't just dropped £80 on PS+Extra because I had nothing to play I'd be going PSO all day every day! :P

Yes I remember, the Game Cube Version wasn't as good as the Dreamcast Version, because you had to pay for it monthly. It was free on Dreamcast. PSO on Dreamcast 2000 was the first MMORPG on console. SEGA was always ahead.

15 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Yes I remember, the Game Cube Version wasn't as good as the Dreamcast Version, because you had to pay for it monthly. It was free on Dreamcast. PSO on Dreamcast 2000 was the first MMORPG on console. SEGA was always ahead.

What the heck, I never knew it was free on Dreamcast. That's wild!

Never actually played it online though anyway. Stuck to splitscreen with friends and brothers. :)

Did play PSU online for a while though. Also very fun!

Edited by jimbob12345678

5 minutes ago, jimbob12345678 said:

What the heck, I never knew it was free on Dreamcast. That's wild!

Never actually played it online though anyway. Stuck to splitscreen with friends and brothers. :)

Did play PSU online for a while though. Also very fun!

15 hours ago, Sikutai said:

It was only free in certain regions like north america. It had a subscription fee in japan. The gamecube version has more content too

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

It was only free in certain regions like north america. It had a subscription fee in japan. The gamecube version has more content too

Ah. Still the fact that anyone got to play online for free given how much the hunters liscence cost per month is pretty mindblowing to me. Can't believe I never knew that! :P

12 minutes ago, jimbob12345678 said:

Ah. Still the fact that anyone got to play online for free given how much the hunters liscence cost per month is pretty mindblowing to me. Can't believe I never knew that! :P

Fortunately you can still play the gamecube and dreamcast versions online today with the fan servers

Hmm. Dang, it'll happen. o.o For a very short while, this was my most-awaited video game. Phantasy Star and I date all the way back to the original Phantasy Star I, well before PSO, and I was eager to hop aboard PSO2. c: Then months stretched into years and the flame waned. Will it rekindle? Dunno. But it's worthy, at some point, of a try. ^^ FOnewearl Miku bless.

mkNz6oE.jpg

• Like 1

It'll be same trophies, they are getting to the point they just don't care anymore, have not added a single new cheeve/trophy since NGS release a year ago. All you have to do for NGS is complete Chapter 1 story and Level 20. As of June major update we are on Chapter 3 and Level 60 level cap, it's telling because they ave never been late adding new trophies for over 7 years as new content comes out, and now they just stop, even on Xbox.

Short of a new PS5 version someday for all regions where they will require a new list, I don't expect anything to really change. Sony makes money today from outfit bundles and AC currency in the store so it could have a platinum when they go-new with the rules now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...