Colin Moriarty claims the RED DEAD REDEMPTION remaster is real and was never cancelled

ziggypossum

1 minute ago, Zephrese said:

I can't imagine that most "hardcore" gamers care much either unless it's instances like GTA V and Skyrim given the great reception a lot of remasters and remakes have gotten, but sure.

Unlike casuals, hardcore gamers are very unpredictable.

12 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

What a shame. It's crazy that people still think these remasters would have any bearing on GTA6 releasing lol It would have definitely been handled by another studio.

It can be sign that Rockstar game devs are struggling with alcoholism during work time, that's why released GTA trilogy so badly.

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

obviously. But the more resources they put into it, the better itll be. Plus i doubt they're winning any awards with the shit job they did with the GTA Remastered Collection. 

Not necessarily?

Funneling more money and people into a project doesn't guarantee much of anything, especially when it's relatively inexpensive to have smaller teams work on smaller projects.

It's not like these massive publishers funnel money into numerous projects anyways, or that room for human error increases the more people you involve in something.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

Just now, Zephrese said:

Not necessarily? Funneling more money and people into a project doesn't guarantee much of anything, especially when it's relatively inexpensive to have smaller teams work on smaller projects.

I guess. Regardless, GTA 4 was terrible. middle of a shootout... "NIKO COUSIN WANNA GO BOWLING?" 

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

I guess. Regardless, GTA 4 was terrible. middle of a shootout... "NIKO COUSIN WANNA GO BOWLING?" 

I don't really have much recollection of GTA IV, to be fair. lol

I'm mostly just speaking from the perspective of others who'd have a harder time accessing and playing it nowadays, and just for preservation's sake in general.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I liked that heaviness and anxiety of GTA 4, I warmly welcomed that alternative from the warm and colorful climates of the previous games.

6 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

whats wrong with drinking in the job if you're being overworked? lol!!!

Ha, some of my co-workers, are carrying 100ml bottles of vodka in their bags, to make work "more satisfying". 

Probably stated before in this thread. But, who cares? Why do people care for remasters all the time. Its just the same skin with a little bit  to no upgraded graphics. The only time I care for a remaster is when its a complete remake of the game. Built from the ground up. Like Demon's Souls PS5. or Links Awakening. All of these ports of old games or "remasters" that have the same problems or bugs (Or even more bugs *Cough Cough* GTA trilogy remaster) Are just cash grabs by greedy developers and companies that fans eat up. 

Stop supporting this. Focus on new IPs or new games in the series. If you want to play old games. Go buy an old console and play them. 

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zephrese said:

Additionally, GTA IV and RDR aren't readily available on newer/modern platforms outside of Xbox Series X/S, IIRC, so there's plenty of reasons to remaster them.

Just one reason for the latter:

The lack of a PC version.

Please don't tell me to pirate/emulate it. PLEASE.

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, rebelkiller93 said:

I get why some people are against remasters but personally, I would have liked to have seen what a remastered GTA IV would look like. I have fond memories of it but the PS3 version is hard to go back to these days.

Yeah agreed and the PC version is optimized like trash.

26 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Stop supporting this. Focus on new IPs or new games in the series. If you want to play old games. Go buy an old console and play them. 

exactly.

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

What a d*ck move. RDR1 will permanently remain a console exclusive.

So what if it is? not everything needs 5+ ports

My dad loves Westerns and was a huge fan of RDR2. He's been recently talking about doing another playthrough haha. I was really hoping he'd get an RDR1 remaster for PC.

Yeah, we got it on PS+, so he could stream it. But it would've been nice for him to get a PC-dedicated version with updated visuals and whatnot. And I'd love to have it on PS5 myself haha.

Edited by BrilloHD

Screw this company. At this point I’m starting to respect 2K Games more for allowing Mafia II to get remastered, albeit being sloppy with poor rendering and numerous graphical glitches. 

The PS2 generation GTA Trilogy was remastered by a company that was clearly not handled to do the job. People told me the PS3 GTA San Andreas was also poorly done. 

Numerous YouTube videos have already pointed out Rockstar’s neglect for RDR2 Online, which should of been a home run considering how great RDR1 Online was. 

They could of just simply ported over RDR1 and GTA IV from the Xbox 360/PS3 generation, with their only work scaling the resolution to 4K. Rockstar has more than enough money to create new IPs and re-release their older stuff like Midnight Club LA. 

RDR1 is one of my favorite games of all time. It could of been a Ubisoft quality port/remaster and I would of been fine with it.

3 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

guess they don't like money and/or fan appreciation after all, huh

Oh they do! ;) 

That's probably WHY they just scrap remasters of RDR and GTA IV. GTA ONLINE is their big cash cow, so why bother with remasters. 

I hope it means more free hands to work, and focus, on GTA 6.

13 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

How about you stop telling people what to do with their money, and use basic common sense that;

A) remasters don't take significant focus, money, or time away from newer games on average

B) not everyone can afford and/or get their hands on older consoles and the games they're looking for, and it's extremely entitled to tell people to do this just because you don't care for something

C) companies need to get better a game preservation in general, which is a large part of the reason as to why this is a problem in the first place

A -  No evidence on that dude. That's not an average. That's your opinion. Especially with newer games being more broken and buggy as the years move on. (BF 2042, CyberPunk 2077, Fallout 76)  I'll gladly tell people that they're wasting their money. Its such an idiotic thing to do when its cheaper to get the older game. That's also the problem. Time and focus. They don't put any time or dedication on remastering this game. And idiots like you and others who buy into garbage are the reasons why remasters are trash. They just smack a $60 price tag and toss it into the mouths of gamers. 

B - You can afford to pay $60 for a remaster or a port of the same game. But not $5 and maybe $50 for an old game and console. That's just idiocy if you cant afford to pay for an old console at this point. They're dirt cheap now. Been seeing PS3's selling for $25 now. ???

Edited by SKiL_Clash

9 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

A -  No evidence on that dude. That's not an average. That's your opinion. Especially with newer games being more broken and buggy as the years move on. (BF 2042, CyberPunk 2077, Fallout 76)  I'll gladly tell people that they're wasting their money. Its such an idiotic thing to do when its cheaper to get the older game. That's also the problem. Time and focus. They don't put any time or dedication on remastering this game. And idiots like you and others who buy into garbage are the reasons why remasters are trash. They just smack a $60 price tag and toss it into the mouths of gamers. 

B - You can afford to pay $60 for a remaster or a port of the same game. But not $5 and maybe $50 for an old game and console. That's just idiocy if you cant afford to pay for an old console at this point. They're dirt cheap now. Been seeing PS3's selling for $25 now. 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

You seem to be confusing my stance on preservation with acceptance of companies being lazy and overpricing their products.

However, I literally called Take-Two out in my first post in this thread for fucking up the GTA remasters (and I'll certainly call them out for how they priced them as well).

Edited by Zephrese

3 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

And idiots like you and others who buy into garbage are the reasons why remasters are trash.

Most remasters I've played were awesome, though. Just because Rockstar and Blizzard blew it doesn't mean remasters are trash. Besides, it's been what, 2 weeks since TLOU remaster was announced? People on here were jizzing their collective pants at the news. But now suddenly everyone hates remasters? What a joke.

6 minutes ago, SKiL_Clash said:

B - You can afford to pay $60 for a remaster or a port of the same game. But not $5 and maybe $50 for an old game and console. That's just idiocy if you cant afford to pay for an old console at this point. They're dirt cheap now. Been seeing PS3's selling for $25 now. 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

What kind of retarded argument is that? I do own a PS3 and a copy of the game. It looks and plays like shit. The whole point of remasters is playing the game in 60fps, 4k and updated visuals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baranov_925 said:

It can be sign that Rockstar game devs are struggling with alcoholism during work time, that's why released GTA trilogy so badly.

Or you know, the studio that made the remaster (Grove Street Games) that 2K (the publisher) assigned them has nothing to do with Rockstar as a developer and just sucked cause the studio was ill-equipped to handle it. (Plays great after the patches tho). Rockstar gets so much flak for a title they didn't develop. 

• Like 2