Colin Moriarty claims the RED DEAD REDEMPTION remaster is real and was never cancelled

ziggypossum

On 7/6/2022 at 3:21 AM, westersburg said:

Did you read my post? I wrote that RDR 2 DOESN'T need a remaster.

I know what you said. I just despite Take Two is all. 

On 7/6/2022 at 9:24 AM, technole said:

Yep, I bet they didn't know both are in New York City. T2 is near Midtown/Times Square and Rockstar NYC is South Manhattan, basically 20 minutes on the Subway.

Explains the greed and power they hold over Rockstar. 

Dan Houser was the man. He was the visionary. Without him, it’s basically another company where a ‘YES - Man’ just learns things by the numbers. No different to how Apple is being run after the death of Steve Jobs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I know what you said. I just despite Take Two is all. 

Explains the greed and power they hold over Rockstar. 

Dan Houser was the man. He was the visionary. Without him, it’s basically another company where a ‘YES - Man’ just learns things by the numbers. No different to how Apple is being run after the death of Steve Jobs.

I agree with your points but I believe a lot of devs and companies nowadays are just money hungry. I feel indie devs are a lot more trust worth but still a risk with things but yeah. I feel THQ Nordic and Nightdive are the only ones worth backing but it is more tied to the fact they bring back dead ips and or games as I have a lot of respect for devs who do that and do it right. As the shadowman remaster was great even though I never played it before it was fun from start to end and kingdoms of amalur with the new dlc was not bad and gave a good end to the main storyline. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lonemankane said:

I agree with your points but I believe a lot of devs and companies nowadays are just money hungry. I feel indie devs are a lot more trust worth but still a risk with things but yeah. I feel THQ Nordic and Nightdive are the only ones worth backing but it is more tied to the fact they bring back dead ips and or games as I have a lot of respect for devs who do that and do it right. As the shadowman remaster was great even though I never played it before it was fun from start to end and kingdoms of amalur with the new dlc was not bad and gave a good end to the main storyline. 

Isn't THQ Nordic concerned for AA games? That's a type of game you rarely see nowadays. The PS3 generation was full of them. The Saboteur, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Splatterhouse, Dante's Inferno, etc etc...

It's either low budget indies that borrow heavily from old 80s/90s classics, or full blown AAA games like Horizon Forbidden West that involved around a thousand people and cost countless millions of dollars to make.

Kingdoms of Amalur I've wanted to try out for ages. May give it a shot some day if the PS4 version offers 1080p/4K with 30/60 FPS for the PS5 console.

• 11 months later...

Colin Moriarty claims the RED DEAD REDEMPTION remaster is real and was never cancelled

Former IGN editor and ex-Kinda Funny co-host Colin Moriarty revealed on an episode of his Sacred Symbols podcast (which is currently only available on Last Stand Media's Patreon) that he has seen proof that this remaster/remake exists. 

"I can say I have seen confirmation that this is real. I don't think you need this confirmation, but I had someone reach out to me behind the scenes that showed me something that definitively shows this game is coming. Maybe even imminently with an announcement maybe in like August. So, not a huge surprise, you don't need to tell you that South Korean ratings board doesn't just rate things. They rate things that are submitted to them."

Moriarty also noted that, as far as he understands, the game was never canceled, but instead just given more time. Another rumor claimed Rockstar was aware of the high demand for a new version of Red Dead Redemption, so it seems like it may happen. Given how the LA Noire and GTA Trilogy announcements happened, it's likely Rockstar will announce it and release it within a month or two of that reveal.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/red-dead-redemption-rdr-remake-remaster-real-leak/

Also some RDR Social Club trophies got updated

https://twitter.com/videotechx/status/1674740533271437312

wrKccuL.jpg

• Like 3

Interesting, this game was a masterpiece, and it needs to come to PS4 or PS5 just so that it's not stuck on PS3. But it deserves the proper remake but if you make it current gen only it might sell more consoles I know some folk hate it when games skip the PS4, but people need a reason to buy a PS5 etc so why not start making more games exclusive.

27 minutes ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Interesting, this game was a masterpiece, and it needs to come to PS4 or PS5 just so that it's not stuck on PS3. But it deserves the proper remake but if you make it current gen only it might sell more consoles I know some folk hate it when games skip the PS4, but people need a reason to buy a PS5 etc so why not start making more games exclusive.

If they bring rdr to PS5 they should bring rdr 2 aswell possibly both without the multiplayer 

I'd personally like a full on RDR 1 remake (not some shoddy remaster like GTA DE) for PS5 as i never played the orginal on PS3, i was mainly on PC around that time.

Yeah i could buy the PS3 disc for pittance as i play on PS3 often but i'd love a modern version too.

I've played RDR2 on PS5 and it seems fine as is. Like someone else said just give RDR2 the TLOU2/HZD 4k/60fps patch. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 1:55 PM, Infected Elite said:

Good. Focus on new entries.

Kind of getting tired of all the remasters etc.

New entries in beloved series get poorer reception than remasters do. Watch Dogs Legion, Far Cry 6, Dying Light 2, etc. I'd have much rather played ps5 remasters/remakes of Watch Dogs 1 & 2, Far Cry 3, and DL1.

What I'm getting tired of is buying broken, half arsed entries that are hyped to death and had their release dates pushed 6 months to several years, only to be massive, buggy letdowns or copypastes of previous entries (literally any ubisoft or techland game, mw2, milestone motorcycle games, nascar games since EA lost rights, etc)

I'd rather play games from ppl like 10tons, housemarque, cowcat, tikipod, lillymo, and more psp/ps1/2 remasters. More effort goes into a polished product at a lower price.

• 2 weeks later...