Colin Moriarty claims the RED DEAD REDEMPTION remaster is real and was never cancelled

ziggypossum

x9bW0Db.png

https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1543974193259319303

Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto 4 remasters were reportedly canned at Rockstar

That's according to the tweet below from Tez2, a popular leaker among the Red Dead and GTA communities. This time, the tipster claims Rockstar was eyeing up remasters of GTA 4 and the original Red Dead Redemption "a few years ago," but "chose not to proceed with the projects in mind".

As per a reliable source with clear accuracy on Rockstar plans, remasters of GTA IV & RDR1 were on the table a few years ago, but Rockstar chose not to proceed with the projects in mind.The poor reception of the Trilogy DE might be a reason behind that decision.

As per the leaker, there's apparently no clear indication as to why both projects were passed on within Rockstar. The leaker hypothesizes that the poor critical reception to the Grand Theft Auto Remastered Trilogy could be a factor, but considering the trilogy launched late last year in 2021, and the two supposed remasters were canned "years ago," those two details don't quite line up.

Either way, it looks like we're still not getting Red Dead Redemption or GTA 4 remasters. However, it's worth noting that you can still play the original Red Dead Redemption on new-gen Xbox Series X/S console via backwards compatibility, and the game from Rockstar rarely retails at a premium price point.

The same can be said for GTA 4, which can also be played on Xbox Series X/S consoles via backwards compatibility. Despite this though, fans have been pining for a re-release of the beloved game for years, but according to this new report from the leaker, it doesn't look like they're getting that remaster anytime soon, if ever.

https://www.gamesradar.com/rockstar-reportedly-canned-gta-4-and-red-dead-redemption-remasters/

Edited by ziggypossum
OK
  • Like 2

Was just thinking the other day I'd enjoy playing GTA4 again if they remastered it, unfortunate. But I suppose if it was going to be given the same treatment as the trilogy remaster, it's probably for the best.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

GTA trilogy remaster sold tons because they were highly anticipated, but got poor reviews because the development team half assed it

seems like this is just usual corporate PR spin bullshit to deflect from the real reason they won't do any remasters for those games: why devote resources when the revenue is nothing compared to the cash cow that is GTA online which literally requires very minimal work by comparison

How is it corporate PR spin when the "news" you see isn't from a corporate entity?

Rumor, fear, and whatifs from a nameless source about games that were never publically confirmed.

I am not even sure of the point of this "news". Are we supposed to lament games that we never knew about or create our own excuses for the GTA Trilogy. Neither seem like fact or truth to me. 

A slow news day means play more video games, not make up news to babble about. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

I think gamers have enough of this trend. It has become an easy replacement for companies that have no idea what to do.

If gamers have "had enough", why do companies keep making so many to the point that some people feel the need to constantly complain about them existing in the first place?

I'm not advocating for always porting older games over making newer ones for easy money, but this - as in GTA - isn't even an instance where that's an issue to begin with. 

Well, not counting Take-Two's obsession with porting GTA V specifically to everything humanly possible, but other games shouldn't be thrown under a bus just because of that.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 4

Im fine with this. If they did bring them out i would play them again like im currently doing with gta 5 for a third time and was going to do with the trilogy until i found out it sucked ass but im not going to cry about these remasters not being released as im more looking forward to gta 6/rdr 3 or maybe even a new ip. Which im sure whichever it will be it will be another masterpiece

I don't think it adds up, if they red lighted the remasters cause of Grove Street's bad job on GTA3 it would have been recently. It could be possible they didn't like what they were seeing at that studio when they made the call, and that played a factor considering the quality they were likely going to get. It wasn't a good look when the T2 CEO had to address it and apologize to investors. The big publishers like to contract out remasters so it does not take away that much from internal resources and newer games. It can be risky if the studio isn't up to snuff.

• Like 2

I hope when rockstar puts out the next game their formula has changed.  I can't stand their multiplayer in their games where everyone stands around and trades shots in a open field or town.  It is the laziest multiplayer of any game.  they are all the same the multiplayer matches on Red Dead feel exactly the same as e the ones in GTAV only difference being the weapons.  The single player campaigns have the amazing open world yet you are so restricted in how you play all the missions.  Go to the wagon, drive the wagon down the trail.  Park the wagon in a little spot to the left of the barn.  Get out of the wagon.  Mission accomplished.  You can have a job in Red Dead Redemption and work that job like it's real.  it always amazes me how people don't want to work a real job in life but they consider going to work and doing their job in 1800's Red Dead a masterpiece of a game.  These games bored me to tears.

• Like 2

Just now, Zephrese said:

So, again, how have gamers "had enough" if clearly enough of them are buying ports, remasters, etc., to justify companies to keep making them in the first place?

I need to categorise gamers by "casual" and "hardcore". I don't like to divide gamers by that method but it makes it easier to me to explain.

"Casuals", which make up the vast majority of this community, will buy because they may not be up-to-date with the market.
"Hardcore", will complain about the fact that they (gaming companies) stuff our mouths with the same, old games, with slightly refreshed graphics, that we all played. Of course, some of them will also buy their copy, but thankfully to being anonymous, we will not find out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

I need to categorise gamers by "casual" and "hardcore". I don't like to divide gamers by that method but it makes it easier to me to explain.

I can't imagine that most "hardcore" gamers care much either unless it's instances like GTA V and Skyrim given the great reception a lot of remasters have gotten, but sure.

Edited by Zephrese

55 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Wouldn't surprise me if this is true knowing how shitty Take-Two is, although it sucks nonetheless. :/

Granted they'd probably screw it up like they did with the "definitive" GTA remasters, but the fact the they'd rather not try at all because they're lazy really shows their greed.

Never understood this mentality, personally. Remasters usually involve a much smaller, otherwise unrelated team to the one(s) who work on newer entries to begin with.

These teams usually aren't equipped and/or staffed enough to work on completely new games anyways, not to mention that we know GTA VI specifically is coming regardless.

Additionally, GTA IV and RDR aren't readily available on newer/modern platforms outside of Xbox Series X/S, IIRC, so there's plenty of reasons to remaster them.

Basically as @Baranov_925 stated, but to add to it, its of super popular games that aren't really impossible to play. You can play both easily on ps or via BC on Xbox.

I also didnt like the look of GTA 4. At the time yes i did but in hindsight no. Red Dead 1 is great but if I want to play it i have it on ps3 and i have it for Xbox/xbox one which will play on my Series X. 

Whether its smaller teams or not it does require R* to have some input and time, that could be much better focused elsewhere. Plus didnt they get a team to start remaking Max Payne 1 and 2? Where's Manhunt 1 and 2 remakes? Manhunt 3? Bully 2? another Midnight Club entry. A NEW IP, Red Dead 3, GTA 6, so on and so forth.

Its not that I don't care, its just that more older titles by these big companies are coming out more frequent than new ones.... i want new stories, new adventures, new excitement. Not the same old shit with a different coat of paint.