Colin Moriarty claims the RED DEAD REDEMPTION remaster is real and was never cancelled

ziggypossum

28 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

This sentence would have had so much more weight behind it if you didn't have multiple remastered games (Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Uncharted, etc) on your profile.

That is true. I had respect for remasters until recently with the trash we have been given. Opinions change with time, does it not? Also, Assassins Creed I bought the entire series bundle (Ezio-Origins) for $60 when it was on sale. Bioshock I got for PS+ Also Uncharted I got for PS+. Never bought them. 

Edit on, even those games had broken buggy problems  I just ignored it. The only remaster I've bought that I supported and still do was Dark Souls. As it did fix a lot of problems the original had. 

Edited by SKiL_Clash

i spent years begging for a gta 4/eflc remaster but after this failure of the definitive trilogy i hope there is none. it's better to preserve the good memories, or play the classic for nostalgia than a piece of crap of a game.

10 minutes ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Do they even need to remaster them? They could just make sure they run well on the new consoles and support higher resolutions. More effort than nothing, but not a remaster or remake. 

This already happens on Xbox but on PlayStation is a completely different story.

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

exactly.

So what if it is? not everything needs 5+ ports

PC has ZERO native versions of RDR1, duh. All major third-party releases/re-releases have a PC version nowadays.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

I need remasters and remakes to be respectful to the original intent, have a high quality bar and be done under the guidance of some of the original makers, if not, it can get dropkicked, I'm tired of bad rereleases that are inferior to the original builds

1 hour ago, The Investigator said:

I need remasters and remakes to be respectful to the original intent, have a high quality bar and be done under the guidance of some of the original makers, if not, it can get dropkicked, I'm tired of bad rereleases that are inferior to the original builds

* Dead Rising 2 has entered the chat *

12 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Basically as @Baranov_925 stated, but to add to it, its of super popular games that aren't really impossible to play. You can play both easily on ps or via BC on Xbox.

I also didnt like the look of GTA 4. At the time yes i did but in hindsight no. Red Dead 1 is great but if I want to play it i have it on ps3 and i have it for Xbox/xbox one which will play on my Series X. 

Whether its smaller teams or not it does require R* to have some input and time, that could be much better focused elsewhere. Plus didnt they get a team to start remaking Max Payne 1 and 2? Where's Manhunt 1 and 2 remakes? Manhunt 3? Bully 2? another Midnight Club entry. A NEW IP, Red Dead 3, GTA 6, so on and so forth.

Its not that I don't care, its just that more older titles by these big companies are coming out more frequent than new ones.... i want new stories, new adventures, new excitement. Not the same old shit with a different coat of paint.

Rockstar isn't remaking Max Payne 1+2, Remedy is. Rockstar is only financing it, no work is done by them

Reportedly a RDR2 remaster is still in development and that's the bad news about that. They don't can remasters because they want to focus on GTA6 (would be different teams anyways), but RDR2 is more monetizable because of RDR Online. There is absolutely no need for a RDR2 remaster. Just release a 60 fps patch on ps5 like TLOU2 did. Visually there is not really much room for improvement.

Really a shame, that RDR1 stays console exclusive and GTA4 aged kinda badly to be honest. Would have loved to play this gem on a more current console with better framerate and visual fidelity.

• Like 1

They are too focused on milking GTAV. They would rather make a hat in GTAV than do anything else. I mean in the past 10yrs all they have done is 1 game, and they couldn't really be arsed supporting it. GTAV is the worst thing to happen to Rockstar for us. They are terrified to let go. 

Currently there so much obsession with remasters, but some games could really benefit from at least a cheap proper port, not like GTA Trilogy weird stuff, but a simple port. GTA 4 is one of them, really need it, more than remaster, or a fate of forgotten game. 

23 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Currently there so much obsession with remasters, but some games could really benefit from at least a cheap proper port, not like GTA Trilogy weird stuff, but a simple port. GTA 4 is one of them, really need it, more than remaster, or a fate of forgotten game. 

Moving to Unreal Engine like the GTA trilogy as the basis for the remaster was a good idea. Allows an easier time porting to modern gen and adding ports like Nintendo Switch. I'd chalk it to up to Grove Street Games just not being very good at what they do.

Edited by technole

22 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Or you know, the studio that made the remaster (Grove Street Games) that 2K (the publisher) assigned them has nothing to do with Rockstar as a developer and just sucked cause the studio was ill-equipped to handle it. (Plays great after the patches tho). Rockstar gets so much flak for a title they didn't develop. 

They published it, not 2K (hence Rockstar logo on the box fyi), thus approved of the final build that went gold, and shipped it out and took people’s money for it. 

“Rockstar didn’t do anything wrong gaiz, they’re oppressed by a no name developer!” 

Note the publisher here as well ? 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1004-PPSA05804_00-GTATRILOGYBUNDLE

Edited by Elvick_

Normally don't really care about remasters that much... I'll partake from time to time and fewer reasons to need to keep the PS3 around the better, but generally speaking I don't replay older games as much as I used to.

However, GTA IV is probably my favorite GTA and I'd love a simple, respectfully done remaster (or even just a port) of it to modern consoles to breathe a little life into it again.  And RDR1 doesn't necessarily deserve its fate as a forgotten relic of the seventh console generation.

15 hours ago, westersburg said:

Rockstar isn't remaking Max Payne 1+2, Remedy is. Rockstar is only financing it, no work is done by them

Reportedly a RDR2 remaster is still in development and that's the bad news about that. They don't can remasters because they want to focus on GTA6 (would be different teams anyways), but RDR2 is more monetizable because of RDR Online. There is absolutely no need for a RDR2 remaster. Just release a 60 fps patch on ps5 like TLOU2 did. Visually there is not really much room for improvement.

Really a shame, that RDR1 stays console exclusive and GTA4 aged kinda badly to be honest. Would have loved to play this gem on a more current console with better framerate and visual fidelity.

This is a joke right? 

I am in no part disagreeing with your stance, but RDR2 is absolutely NOT a game that deserves any sort of remaster. I have a personal friend who plays RDR2 on his PS5. Doesn’t achievement hunt or any of that, he just plays casually. Anyway, the game is already good enough on the PS5. Remastering it is completely asinine, especially when there are so many PS1/PS2 classics that deserve a remaster. 

Who is Take Two really catering to here? They’re just a dumb brained, stupid corporation. Really, this basically means remasters equals more money. 

The more this news comes out the more I realize these publishers really have no good heart left in their being. 

There’s so many people out there who want a RDR1 release on the PC, complete with mods and 4K/60 FPS. Apparently, that’s too much trouble for Take Two, since they’re really the ones with a seat of power.

I’d kill for a GTA IV port with PC level specs and performance and intact radio.

If the talentless buffoons at Grove Street Games were to work on these, then I’m happy they weren’t allowed to deface another masterpiece.

Edited by Wagszilla

This doesn't surprise me a bit. those who familiar with the stories from the inside know exactly why we didn't see a RDR remaster till today. the code for the game is completely messed up and it's even a miracle that the game actually came out to be one of the best of it's generation.

All this talk of remasters are nothing but unconfirmed rumors, Rockstar don't do remasters, it doesn't fit their agenda and the failure of the definitive edition of the GTA Trilogy don't have any affect on a remasters of GTA IV and RDR, those games are different and have special features each, I don't buy that excuse that the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition has failed, so they are now scrapping their plans of remasters of other games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is a joke right? 

I am in no part disagreeing with your stance, but RDR2 is absolutely NOT a game that deserves any sort of remaster. I have a personal friend who plays RDR2 on his PS5. Doesn’t achievement hunt or any of that, he just plays casually. Anyway, the game is already good enough on the PS5. Remastering it is completely asinine, especially when there are so many PS1/PS2 classics that deserve a remaster. 

Who is Take Two really catering to here? They’re just a dumb brained, stupid corporation. Really, this basically means remasters equals more money. 

The more this news comes out the more I realize these publishers really have no good heart left in their being. 

There’s so many people out there who want a RDR1 release on the PC, complete with mods and 4K/60 FPS. Apparently, that’s too much trouble for Take Two, since they’re really the ones with a seat of power.

Did you read my post? I wrote that RDR 2 DOESN'T need a remaster.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

They published it, not 2K (hence Rockstar logo on the box fyi), thus approved of the final build that went gold, and shipped it out and took people’s money for it. 

“Rockstar didn’t do anything wrong gaiz, they’re oppressed by a no name developer!” 

Note the publisher here as well 1f914.png 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1004-PPSA05804_00-GTATRILOGYBUNDLE

Yep, I bet they didn't know both are in New York City. T2 is near Midtown/Times Square and Rockstar NYC is South Manhattan, basically 20 minutes on the Subway.

I was just watching a video showing GTA4 performance on Xbox Series X/S, and then I saw this thread. I also searched to see if Red Dead Redemption is available via backwards compatibility too. And it is. Of course, GTA4 has a PC version, but when it comes to RDR, Xbox is the best place to play it currently.

- GTA4 is 720p 60FPS. Series X version runs almost flawlessly, Series S has occasional framerate drops.

- RDR was enhanced to native 4K 30FPS on One X. And it's basically the same on Series X/S.

So Xbox kind of has a solution if you want to play these games with better performance and/or in higher resolution (and I see some people here in the thread that would be fine with something like that). Not perfect, but miles better than 720p 20-30FPS PlayStation is stuck with. Thanks to the PS3 architecture.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2