Trophy thoughts

kasorugi

On 7/19/2022 at 10:26 AM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it's made by 1 guy, not very long, should be a cinch. 

Ok I am back. While a patch came out for the game yesterday, I found the game to be pretty buggy when I played it a few weeks ago. For example, the game completely bugged out right before the credits rolled. It cut to black and hung for a few minutes. I exited the game and when I loaded back in, it had changed all of the menus into Chinese and wiped my save without popping any of the trophies I would have earned for beating the game.

I watched GameSpot's review of the PC version from late 2021 and the reviewer had almost these same exact issues (although they lost their save after the second boss, not the final one).

To sum up, it is probably going to be harder to get the platinum if the latest patch didn't fix this stuff. Grinding the kill trophies is going to be harder if it does bug out since the game is not long enough to get them all in one go. While it is short, I don't want the game wasting my time if it is going to potentially wipe my progress.

me too

I have played in the last few weeks for review purposes. right now I can't play because a bug is preventing my progress. If I aim the gun, if I shoot or if I use the katana the game crashes and I can't do anything. The latest patch hasn't fixed anything.

I have deleted my data up to three times in the last few weeks and the error still there

10 hours ago, oswald41 said:

how hard is hell difficulty? the platinums at 31% so it cant be that hard right?

You just have to play the final level on hell to get the trophy, however you have to first beat the game on revenge difficulty to unlock hell.

1 hour ago, ollo99 said:

I have not ran into a single bug yet, I'm on chapter 4 and the game is silky smooth. 

Edit 

My whole save crashed, wouldn't let me change settings and everytime I climbed a wall, the screen went berserk. I'd stay far away from this if you're going for platinum, it's broken 

56 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

As I said earlier, my whole save got deleted when I beat the game, so fingers crossed you aren't celebrating early!

Already happened, game bugged out on the transition from chapter 4 to 5. I had to delete the save file and re-download the game for anything to work

9 hours ago, ollo99 said:

Already happened, game bugged out on the transition from chapter 4 to 5. I had to delete the save file and re-download the game for anything to work

Oh no! I don't have faith this stuff will be fixed so if anyone wants to platinum it, they probably gonna back up their save every 20 minutes or so. 

16 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Oh no! I don't have faith this stuff will be fixed so if anyone wants to platinum it, they probably gonna back up their save every 20 minutes or so. 

Once I started a new save, everything worked just fine. I just pinged the platinum a bit ago

It hit me yesterday as well. I was repeating the first mission for kills and relics and suddenly when aiming a weapon it "giga" zoomed-in and didn't resolve itself. Went back to the menue, restart the mission and all progress was gone when I checked my skills, also wasn't able to switch weapons anymore; the zoom issue is still there. Chapter select and hell difficulty are still available though.

Restarted the game and now it's all in chinese and I cant change any settings at all. I'll wait this out, probably have to wipe my save anyway but I hope this stuff gets fixed because it is literally game breaking.

Really unfortunate as I expected more polish in that regard. Game is great for being a one man project but one year after its inital release on a different platform, bugs like these should not exist. :| Also I found no way contacting the developer except Twitter which I stay away as far as possible.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1