Tactics Ogre: Reborn (November 11, 2022)

ziggypossum

hero-tactics-FnxvYOAuG.jpg

The crown jewel of the tactical role-playing genre, is reborn!

Tactics Ogre: Reborn is coming on November 11, 2022 on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4 and PC via STEAM®.

Pre-order now to get exclusive bonus:

https://tactics-ogre.square-enix-games.com/en-us/#buy-now

Tactics Ogre: Reborn features updated game design, fully-voiced cutscenes, improved graphics, and sound.

Immerse yourself in the fascinating world and intrigue of Tactics Ogre like never before! In this age of conflict, which path will you choose? Tactics Ogre: Reborn will be available as a physical and digital Standard Edition on PS5, PS4 and Nintendo Switch, with a digital-only Standard Edition available on PC via STEAM.

A Digital Premium Edition will also be available on PS5, PS4 and PC via STEAM.

Edited by ziggypossum
REBORN!
  • Like 3

Can this game please just have a good list for once from Square these days? Something to actually challenge trophy hunters into doing? I'm sick of feeling like it's better I just buy games for PC instead of PS5 since without a decent trophy list it's not like playing it on console is actually better for any other reason

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Disappointed we haven't gotten the achievement/trophy list yet, considering people have had access to the game for weeks now. Must be an NDA kinda thing I guess, or it's not really something that people with the game care for. ?

Hoping for a good list, something for finishing all routes at least!

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this old topic (since it's the only one here)

The guide says, that Tactics Ogre is basically it's a prequel / precursor to Final Fantasy Tactics (I really love FFT and just waiting for it to be released on PS4 (along with Xenogears) )

I just looked at youtube, honestly looks like Final Fantasy Tactics but with more enemies in each team, it looks awesome!

But is this game any good though?

On 4/17/2023 at 0:16 AM, enaysoft said:

The guide says, that Tactics Ogre is basically it's a prequel / precursor to Final Fantasy Tactics (I really love FFT and just waiting for it to be released on PS4 (along with Xenogears) )

I just looked at youtube, honestly looks like Final Fantasy Tactics but with more enemies in each team, it looks awesome!

But is this game any good though?

The game looks and feels the same, but has major differences.

1) Skills are learned automatically at specific levels, and if you switch jobs, you keep your level, and gain any skills you would have had. Only one job lets you use skills from other jobs, and thats Lord and only available for the main character. 

2) There is a level cap in this version of the game, and that is where the main difficulty comes from. Early on, that can be a real pain, but as you progress and get a good strategy, the game becomes easier. There are a few battles that really separate the men from the boys.

There are others, but those are the 2 big ones. 

As far as "is this game any fun?" that is subjective to if you like the genre. If you do, then you should really like this game. Its really fun for me.

• Like 1