Allow Post-2018 users to customize their profile banner color

Arido

Hang on, I'm receiving a message on the status of this feature...

* signal incoming *

Spoiler

This update is due to release in 2037, please stand by :ninja:

... What? This doesn't make any sense

Anyways, in all seriousness this was supposed to get added a few years back, but sadly it hasn't yet :hmm: Hope to see it get added too

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

* signal incoming *

Reveal hidden contents

Anyways, in all seriousness this was supposed to get added a few years back, but sadly it hasn't yet :hmm: Hope to see it get added too

2037...?

Welp, guess I'll mark it on my calendar then... :lol:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

* signal incoming *

Reveal hidden contents

serious-laugh-harder.gif

I'm sure you'll understand if I don't put any money on it happening at all.

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Arido said:

vSLCtKb.png

It may seem very trivial, but this feature has been broken since 2018. If you made your PSN account after 2018, you're stuck with the default grey banner.

I doubt there's a way to pull current PSN Panel/Banner color data, so maybe make it a Premium feature?

Either giving us an option to input a hex code or the same range of colors the PS3 allowed us to pick would be greatly appreciated.

No update from Sly since he posted about it here (even on the dozen or so other suggestion threads that have also suggested the same thing):

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

I didn't even know that was a thing? My account is much older than 2018 and I don't seen an option for it. Seems like a minor cosmetic issue at best.

Edit: Wait, the color boarder there on the card too? I thought that was based on your current avatar.

Edited by Jelly Soup

On 9.9.2022 at 9:38 PM, Arido said:

It may seem very trivial, but this feature has been broken since 2018. If you made your PSN account after 2018, you're stuck with the default grey banner.

I doubt there's a way to pull current PSN Panel/Banner color data, so maybe make it a Premium feature?

Either giving us an option to input a hex code or the same range of colors the PS3 allowed us to pick would be greatly appreciated.

I've been noticing some weird rollbacks on PSN for many years now. This particular color can only be changed on either a PS3 or a Vita. But even then, the color gets randomly reset for no apparent reason. The same is true for the languages you select to display on your profile. Since the dawn of time (aka 2008) my profile was set to German, English (UK) and English (US). But that gets randomly changed as well and only the first language remains.

Edit:
After a short test I can say that this has nothing to do with the year an account was created. I just got an easy trophy on PS3, synchronized everything, then changed the color from grey to purple, and updated my profile here. It's still grey. My account was created in June 2008.

Edited by R4M Razr

• 9 months later...