Octopath Traveler II (PS4|PS5)

Abby_TheLastofUs

7 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

That's great news, but I really hope we get the first one. Everything I ever read suggested it would come to PS eventually and well, I'm still waiting lol

hell zeah I would be down for that :D I love my switch but a series such as this would be perfect for our ps collection! The 2nd game is looking slick!

I was extremely disappointed in the first one. I got it for Switch. But since I played it... I feel obligated to play this. I can only hope that it's better than the first one.

Not sure if I'll get it for Switch or PS4/PS5. I feel like I should get it for Switch since I got the first one for Switch.

Yay for being obligated...... ?

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 1

On 14.9.2022 at 0:26 AM, SelectiveGamer said:

I was extremely disappointed in the first one. I got it for Switch. But since I played it... I feel obligated to play this. I can only hope that it's better than the first one.

It's one of the most boring JRPGs I've ever played and I genuinely don't get the hype behind it. I've tried picking it up like 3 times but gave up every time because the game puts me to sleep. It's like it tries too hard to look like a classic JRPG but has absolutely nothing that made them fun to play.

4 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

It's one of the most boring JRPGs I've ever played and I genuinely don't get the hype behind it. I've tried picking it up like 3 times but gave up every time because the game puts me to sleep. It's like it tries too hard to look like a classic JRPG but has absolutely nothing that made them fun to play.

Yeah that was basically my problem with it. It was extremely boring and not interesting in any way whatsoever. None of the character's stories really 'clicked' with me but I wanted to finish it.

I'm not even sure I can claim I 'finished' it. I beat all of the characters stories... and then stopped after that. Apparently there's a 'true' final boss after all of that but I decided to not do it because you have to do side quests in order to do so and I didn't want to do it. So I didn't. But technically I got the credits of the game so I finished it as far as I'm concerned.

Right now though... it does seem like they are making the stories actually connect with each other this time unlike last time and each of the characters interact more. So that's a bit of a fix I guess but there's more to it than that. Obviously. Clearly. Time will tell.

But I still feel obligated.

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Chirithy said:

I just testing the demos of Octopath Traveler II now and I am totally hyped for this game.

I still need to play it. The trailers have only made me more worried not less with it seeming as if the characters still don't interact more or the stories being connected to each other.

But time will tell obviously.

• Like 1

On 13-2-2023 at 11:23 AM, Chirithy said:

I just testing the demos of Octopath Traveler II now and I am totally hyped for this game.

Yeah, I played the demo a couple of days ago (not because I needed to know if I am interested because I absolutely loved the first game but I wanted that 3 hour headstart) and I absolutely loved it, the release is very close now.

• Like 1