Rise of the Ronin - 2024

Abby_TheLastofUs

1863 so during the Bakumatsu period!!, the time that bring the end of Edo period and the Tokugawa shogunate and before the Meiji restoration. I really like what i see here and the mention of the arrival of the ''Black Ships'' was a very nice touch.

There aren't many games that set during this very importad period for the modern Japanese history, so that is a nice change.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Rise of the Roning Leak

all credits to SoldierDelta

-Game is a mix of Assassin’s Creed, Ghost of Tsushima, and Dark Souls

-Many item descriptions are used to make the lore bigger and better (E.G: "(...)It was produced in the craftsmanship style associated with a renowned blacksmith named Okisato Nagasone, who lived in Musashi during the 17th century and was also known as Kotetsu.(...)")

-Numerous side-quests that are more like Ubisoft side-quest designs

-Difficulty options

-Skill and technique trees

-Performance and quality modes (trying to improve fidelity before launch)

-Planned romance options

-Planned Q1 2024

source:

https://i.imgur.com/azervZZ.png

• Like 2

That's very unexpected, sounds more like a proper RPG than an pure action game. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the first time they try to make that type of game.

Still excited but cautious, Ubi type games are wearing pretty thin on me, had a hard finishing some recent games because of that formula.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally a new game from Team Ninja. Hopefully these don't disappoint us. Because this topic is already in their blood. And not this disgusting Westernization of their games. So I'm really looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just hoping there is custom characters ala Souls and Nioh 2. It'd be a shame to get stuck playing a fixed design character such as, William, Jin, or Sekiro; not that there's anything wrong with those characters... I just prefer to have a custom creation, and it'll be kind of odd for Team Ninja to go back to that after letting you have a custom in Nioh and Wo Long.

Edited by breakbeatkaos
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

March 22 is ROTR's exact release date. If Nioh 2 is anything to go by, it'll probably be PS5 exclusive for now, with a Koei Tecmo PC port in a year. The Japanese version will have 2 releases: one is rated CERO Z (adult only, 18+) and the other is CERO D (17+ like M). The Z rated version probably is like the North American one with dismemberment, while the D one would leave it out. It definitely looks better than Wo Long, probably since they don't have past gen systems (PS4/X1) in mind.

Looks like they're stepping away from fantasy with yokai/monsters or other supernatural elements in this one. It's supposed to be a more historical theme, featuring real figures from the period like Ryoma Sakamoto and Shoin Yoshida. There will still be something like Amrita/Souls that you lose and must retrieve after a death, called Karma here. It will also have another type of XP that you don't lose, like in a traditional RPG. Nioh does have some kind of XP like that for weapon proficiency.

I'm also hoping for custom characters to return. After Nioh 2 and Wo Long both did it, it'd be bizarre to backpedal.

• 4 weeks later...