Rise of the Ronin - 2024

Abby_TheLastofUs

1863 so during the Bakumatsu period!!, the time that bring the end of Edo period and the Tokugawa shogunate and before the Meiji restoration. I really like what i see here and the mention of the arrival of the ''Black Ships'' was a very nice touch.

There aren't many games that set during this very importad period for the modern Japanese history, so that is a nice change.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Rise of the Roning Leak

all credits to SoldierDelta

-Game is a mix of Assassin’s Creed, Ghost of Tsushima, and Dark Souls

-Many item descriptions are used to make the lore bigger and better (E.G: "(...)It was produced in the craftsmanship style associated with a renowned blacksmith named Okisato Nagasone, who lived in Musashi during the 17th century and was also known as Kotetsu.(...)")

-Numerous side-quests that are more like Ubisoft side-quest designs

-Difficulty options

-Skill and technique trees

-Performance and quality modes (trying to improve fidelity before launch)

-Planned romance options

-Planned Q1 2024

source:

https://i.imgur.com/azervZZ.png

• Like 2

That's very unexpected, sounds more like a proper RPG than an pure action game. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the first time they try to make that type of game.

Still excited but cautious, Ubi type games are wearing pretty thin on me, had a hard finishing some recent games because of that formula.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just hoping there is custom characters ala Souls and Nioh 2. It'd be a shame to get stuck playing a fixed design character such as, William, Jin, or Sekiro; not that there's anything wrong with those characters... I just prefer to have a custom creation, and it'll be kind of odd for Team Ninja to go back to that after letting you have a custom in Nioh and Wo Long.

Edited by breakbeatkaos
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

March 22 is ROTR's exact release date. If Nioh 2 is anything to go by, it'll probably be PS5 exclusive for now, with a Koei Tecmo PC port in a year. The Japanese version will have 2 releases: one is rated CERO Z (adult only, 18+) and the other is CERO D (17+ like M). The Z rated version probably is like the North American one with dismemberment, while the D one would leave it out. It definitely looks better than Wo Long, probably since they don't have past gen systems (PS4/X1) in mind.

Looks like they're stepping away from fantasy with yokai/monsters or other supernatural elements in this one. It's supposed to be a more historical theme, featuring real figures from the period like Ryoma Sakamoto and Shoin Yoshida. There will still be something like Amrita/Souls that you lose and must retrieve after a death, called Karma here. It will also have another type of XP that you don't lose, like in a traditional RPG. Nioh does have some kind of XP like that for weapon proficiency.

I'm also hoping for custom characters to return. After Nioh 2 and Wo Long both did it, it'd be bizarre to backpedal.

• 4 weeks later...