Suikoden I & II HD Remaster - Delayed to 2024

Abby_TheLastofUs

7 hours ago, majob said:

4 was pretty bad and while 5 wasn't as bad as 4 it was nowhere near as good as the first three

It's funny how much I have to disagree with you. I know I'm part of a minority here, but I would actually always prefer the final two main installments and I feel like 3 is the weakest of them all. My Suikoden ranking is (from best to worst): 4, 1, 5, 2, 3. But don't get me wrong -- I love them ALL. In my opinion, they are all 5 of the best JRPGs out there. <3

• Like 1

More PS1 games I see people raving about that I never played (or ever heard about until more recently). So I'll check these out at some point. 

I played a ton of PS1 games back then...but the stuff people rave about NOW, I never even heard of until long after that Generation was dead. It's so strange to me. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 1:58 PM, triplejmzu8 said:

It's funny how much I have to disagree with you. I know I'm part of a minority here, but I would actually always prefer the final two main installments and I feel like 3 is the weakest of them all. My Suikoden ranking is (from best to worst): 4, 1, 5, 2, 3. But don't get me wrong -- I love them ALL. In my opinion, they are all 5 of the best JRPGs out there. <3

3 is also my least favorite. I didn’t love 4, though 5 is solid.

2>5>1>>4>>3

On 9/16/2022 at 10:34 PM, Yuber6969 said:

Definitely excited for this one! Hopefully we get a remaster of Suikoden III down the line. Yuber really shined in that one. xD

Yuber lost a battle to Lily in that one. Not his finest moment.

I'm hyped for this. Well, kinda. I loved these games back in the day and on one hand, they're different enough to potentially still be fun, but on the other hand, I wonder how much of that is just nostalgia. 

My recent JRPG crisis doesn't help either. Battle fast forward does, it should be a standard feature in any turn based game, where you make decisions and wait for the animations to finish. We'll see I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for these. Suikoden is one of, if not my favourite game series so happy it's finally getting some love. While the little we've seen so far has looked good(expect the battle UI) I'm still a little apprehensive that Konami will mess it up somehow. 

Hopefully this doe's well enough to at least get the other games put on PSN even just as classics and not necessary remakes/remasters. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After not hearing anything since January I guess this was fairly obvious. I just hope that konami are genuinely trying to make improvements and not just delaying it due to eiyuden getting delayed. Lot's of people complained about the graphics so maybe we will see something better but then again this konami we're talking about so I'm not that optimistic.  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...