PSNP now has to do this to keep being #1 Trophy website...

56 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Obviously, we don't all need to agree on everything - I don't feel like "I'm setting new standards", and I think it's a leap to suggest I would try and intentionally close a thread by speaking my mind - particularly since I'm generally the one arguing to keep threads open, and not descend into a fracas... as they often can on these subjects 1f602.png

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not seriously believing what you were posting, and just posted it to get the topic closed, like some people do around here. You now made it clear that this is not the case, so I'd say we do not really have anything left to discuss, which is why this will be my last reply to you here.

I appreciate that you don't like me anymore - that's okay - I don't need you to... (though it's always nicer to be liked than not!)

I can't say I'm happy when someone takes umbrage against me - I'm not a sociopath! - but equally, I don't let it bother me - that would be pretty unhealthy to down these forums 1f602.png

True. I wouldn't say like or dislike, just respect or disrespect, because I do not know anyone well enough personally to have an actual like or dislike, I can just go from what I see them post, and holy hell did that take a sharp turn with you. Obviously you are not bothered by that, I wouldn't be either, I just felt the need to point it out because usually my first impression of someone is very accurate and rarely ever changes, so this is kinda new territory for me.

I can't, in good conscience, offer any apologies to you -or anyone else - on this point, as I don't feel I owe any.

No worries there. Apologies are worthless and I would never ask for one to begin with, nor was I personally insulted anyway so I'd have no reason either way. It was one of the, for me, very rare cases of me actually getting annoyed on other peoples behalf about a very bad taste statement, probably got something to do with where I grew up, because in my country these comparisons are very much frowned upon even when they are somewhat accurate, let alone for something like this. Definitely the lowest scale issue I have ever seen this topic being brought up, and I can't see anyone topping that anytime soon. I would give you a badge of honor for accomplishing this feat, but you made it clear what horrors you associate with such an act so I shall keep it and just move on from this bizarre discussion with you.

18 minutes ago, DivineNocturne said:

I play and platinum games I like playing I look into what the gameplay is like before I touch, I got Spyro plat 1-3 sure but who cares if it's high plat ratio, I play and put on my list what I enjoy should o get banned for playing stuff I want on my list?

I think you misunderstood the issue and peoples intentions a bit. Nobody is advocating for games like Spyro to be treated like this. It is about the pieces of software that pose as games, get released for a few cents and were just created with the purpose of giving people a platinum in a minute or two in record time, usually with 5+ stacks so you can get half a dozen platinums in less than 10 minutes. Games like stroke animal X where you get a picture of an animal and just click it a bunch of times to get a platinum, or all these jumping food garbage pieces of software. They flood the store and bury every real game under them, they allow a new account to get 1000 platinums in a few days, that is what people are aiming at here, not easy games or children games.

Most people are not even for outright banning btw, just for seperating, though ironically banning them from the leaderboard is what started happening anyway because the system can't seem to handle their inflated profiles anymore, so maybe this problem will ultimately solve itself to some degree.

Edited by Dauersack

16 hours ago, bosstristan said:

Yet another comment that's irrelevant. Do you even know about U3 multiplayer? I was referencing to the ones you get in coop, where you have to play the same level over and over again to get them... far different from boosting easy trophies, actually the exact opposite.

Doing deep research is nice (however a bit strange or alarming), but only expose your findings when they are relevant.

I didn't understand your point there.

Well it's simple, I would do exactly how Sony had been doing for years : small/short games have no platinum, and only a few bronze trophies, a couple of silver and one gold. Games have to passa quality test to keep a certain standard (ie: apps are not allowed), stacks do not exist, cross trophy neither. All of this would solve 90% of the issue already.

As for the second part, I don't understand why you say "you'll have a higher rank". This whole thread is not about me or my profile, it's about enhancing the trophy hunting experience, and keeping it clean, it's something bigger than my, or anyone else's profile.

Wow, seems like it's a common thing for people here to extrapolate. People will lose their job? WTH? People will go knit ? WTH?? Is this a satyre or? lol

Going to call out part of this - stacks. What’s the issue with stacks? Why can’t you play the same game twice?

If you implement all your other ideas, then the 8 stack garbage games are already gone. Auto popping is gone. So now we only have worthy games left. Why does it matter if there’s a stack? 

The PS5 trophy system runs on a different back bone than the PS3/4/vita. This is why every game released on the 4 and 5 will have separate lists. Which one gets the trophy list in your system? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Going to call out part of this - stacks. What’s the issue with stacks? Why can’t you play the same game twice?

You can, hell I played several of my games again after finishing them, it is just nonsensical to get trophies for it again by playing the version from another region, even more so if the second "playthrough" of this game ends in seconds because the trophy list is auto popped. Do you need trophies to pop every once in a while to even be capable to enjoy a game? You basically pay for a game you already own, just so that you can get that platinum again, sometimes even auto pop it in seconds, do you really not see why some people deem this a problem for a competition? Might as well sell platinum and gold trophies then, sell 500 plats for 50€ and be done with the charade.

17 minutes ago, MRTheChez said:

Sure first round's on me!

Sure, beer is not normally what people visit you for but I wouldn't say no to that :eyebrow:

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dauersack said:

You can, hell I played several of my games again after finishing them, it is just nonsensical to get trophies for it again by playing the version from another region, even more so if the second "playthrough" of this game ends in seconds because the trophy list is auto popped. Do you need trophies to pop every once in a while to even be capable to enjoy a game? You basically pay for a game you already own, just so that you can get that platinum again, sometimes even auto pop it in seconds, do you really not see why some people deem this a problem for a competition? Might as well sell platinum and gold trophies then, sell 500 plats for 50€ and be done with the charade.

Sure, beer is not normally what people visit you for but I wouldn't say no to that :eyebrow:

Can’t talk about autopop, as I don’t have any, but people don’t buy multiple copies of a game just for the trophies, though granted, they’re an additional boon.

Fighting games allow  you to play differently every time by using a different character,  newer versions  also tend to be better, be it in the fps department, glitch fixing, online matchmaking, additional characters, ability to fight people  on a different newer(ish) console and so on.

For example, I have stacks of Injustice, only bought the ps3 version, as the ps4 versions were free (as in, really free,  during the pandemic, WB made the game free), since the game is region blocked, I unironically need 3 versions of it to fight various people stuck on either hardware, or different regions, the  pve  scene is also different, as something like “Ultimate Battler” varies quite a lot, with a game you cannot remove patches that raise the difficulty of the AI like the ps4 version, alongside annoying DLC characters like Batgirl, Zod and Martian Manhunter, so I welcome the challenge and see how far I can go.

Vanquish, if you play this on the ps4, is a completely different game, rather than its ps3 counterpart, thanks to the different fps.

RPGs, like the from software stuff, allows you to build different characters and tackle the game differently, online, is also hardware locked, so again, if you want to play with people that have a different version, you need to buy it, and say: what if I want to start a playthrough with the Grand Lance in DS2 as a DragonSlayer RP? That’s only possible in the SOFTS version on the ps4 due to it changing items locations, alongside it coming with all DLCs from the start, or how about parrying on DS1? It’s almost impossible to parry players/black knights on ps3, but extremely easy on ps4 due to different framerates.

Hell, I’m even tempted to try Kingdom Hearts on ps4 as well, due to different framerates and some QoL improvements.

People also buy copies of a game they plat/100%  because they no longer have that game, be it that it was a plus game, or they sold it, but after a while got the desire to play them again, maybe the newer version  also comes with the DLCs the psplus version is famously lacking.

Some people are interested, granted not on this site, as it only has a single Leaderboard, on competing on different Leaderboards focused on a franchise, or even developer/publisher they love, so they stack the games they love to rise up those ranks, ultimately, I don’t see why that should be a problem, life is commanded by entropy and randomness, if someone is able to do something, that does not mean they’re able to do it again, this time  with their eyes closed, and the easiness of just pressing X on a pixel, hell, maybe their luck run out and they can’t do it again.

People don’t buy stacks of a game for trophies, and the few that do, still have to put out the work.

Edited by farradono
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, El Duderino said:

I just can't help myself and laugh at topics like this. Even long-standing members don't see the truth.

Truth no. 1: This site is ran by one guy, Matt Reed aka Sly Ripper
Truth no. 2: Only he can perform administrative actions.

Truth no. 3: Matt has stopped active development years ago.
Truth no. 4: You're wasting your time here. Nothing will change. Why? Because of truths 1-3.

But this will continue for the sake of continuing.

LoL up this

I think this is really Sony's mess and has nothing to do with the website. OP can talk to Sony or send an email at least. Pushing out endless ezpzs with platinum trophies for selling points is damaging the trophy community. Can't say otherwise. But why does it matter? I have learned to focus on my own business finding goals in gaming. But, if there is petition that needs to be signed and sent to Sony, count me in. 

46 minutes ago, Dauersack said:

You didn’t read my post. Assuming auto popping has already been eliminated (I’m basing this all off OPs hypothetical perfect trophy world), why can’t someone play a game fully a second time and earn trophies again?

I get that you don’t want auto pops. Playing a 20 hour game twice and stacking it is no different than playing 2 different 20 hour games.

If I enjoyed a game and want to import it and play again, or play a remastered version on a new system, or just enjoy both versions of a cross buy game I’ve paid for, how is this a problem on your perfect leaderboard?

And taking the above out of the equation, which version - the PS4 or PS5 release - gets the trophies? They can’t share a list. Are you going to propose no trophies for future PS4 game releases?

@Dauersack Are you sure, that you can call yourself a gamer? You didn't play any big games in recent years. Elden Ring (the whole world played it), Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, The Last of us Part 2, Resident Evil Village (not even one Resident Evil game), Spider-Man Miles Morales, Cyberpunk 2077, Demon's Souls, Sekiro, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Assassins Creed Valhallah, FIFA?? 

You are the urban dictionary for AFK

Edited by janpham
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DeidaraSasori said:

No, this site isn’t number 1. It’s filled with toxic and narcissistic people. Even though the site itself isn’t bad per day the community ruins it, at least in the forums part. Everyone being so entitled thinking they’re above everyone else. Psn trophy leaders is the number 1 trophy site, not only has more features, everyone is welcome and friendly there. 

I must say, the profiles on that website are pretty good.  It had a lot of detailing information even in your games list of currently playing, and the Prestige is a nice touch for below 1% trophies.  The different trophy lists are really cool and of course show a diversity of gamers, I recognize a few names from people I've seen on this site.  Community layout wasn't bad either, with all the games split up by Letters so you quickly narrow down what you were looking for.

I'm impressed, not gonna lie.

12 minutes ago, janpham said:

@Dauersack Are you sure, that you can call yourself a gamer? You didn't play any big games in recent years. Elden Ring (the whole world played it), Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, The Last of us Part 2, Resident Evil Village (not even one Resident Evil game), Spider-Man Miles Morales, Cyberpunk 2077, Demon's Souls, Sekiro, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Assassins Creed Valhallah, FIFA?? 

You are the urban dictionary for AFK

What does it matter if someone did or did not play some Triple A titles? Further, unless you know their handle on Steam, Switch or Xbox and checked there too, you don’t know if they’ve played Elden Ring, Resident EvilCyberpunkSekiroVallhalla or FIFA. That’s aside from the possibility of alternate accounts.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ashande said:

What does it matter if someone did or did not play some Triple A titles? Further, unless you know their handle on Steam, Switch or Xbox and checked there too, you don’t know if they’ve played Elden Ring, Resident EvilCyberpunkSekiroVallhalla or FIFA. That’s aside from the possibility of alternate accounts.

Don't forget the possibility, that he cannot afford these games. Or that his mother doesn't allow him playing FIFA, because of micro transactions.

3 hours ago, Dauersack said:

To this day I have not seen you contribute anything to any topic, not that I can remember at least. Why not just stay out of it if you have nothing to say on the matter?

Maybe, just maybe, you should take a look at my registration date, pal. I've been here before you even created your PSN account.

I had things to say. Like, it's a waste of time complaining about things that will not change. Hell, I've reported bugs to Sly a decade ago and they've never been fixed. He set up this site when he was 20. Now he's 31. Don't know if Yabel is still a topic for him. But it's very obvious that he doesn't really care about this site anymore. He changed. His communication changed. And since he is the only admin on this site, it is a waste of time bringing up the same fucking topic every other week. Because no matter how many more times you will rant about Jumping Mayo POWGI crap, nothing will change. Nothing will be set in motion by this. The only thing that happens is that this forum will drift more and more into chaos, toxicity and self-destruction. I've seen this several times before. The lack of capable moderators only accelerates this.

Sony won't change anything either. Why should they? They care about money and money alone. Not your petty feelings as a so-called "trophy hunter". Plus, Steam got this barrage of cheap trophy games many years ago. The major difference is that people on Steam are usually not entitled adult-pretenders whose favorite hobby is to complain about literally nothing. I'd also like to mention that spam games on Steam usually come with several THOUSAND trophies!

A little snippet:

operamomentaufnahme_2nliqq.png

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

I get that you don’t want auto pops. Playing a 20 hour game twice and stacking it is no different than playing 2 different 20 hour games.

If I enjoyed a game and want to import it and play again, or play a remastered version on a new system, or just enjoy both versions of a cross buy game I’ve paid for, how is this a problem on your perfect leaderboard?

As a case in point, I doubled up on many games. Should my plat for Pier Solar only count once, simply because I platted it before? It's a pretty tough plat at the end of the day.

I'm no fan of autopops. I've done it twice (Sound Shapes, and some quiz game from the PS3 era that spits out a ton of trophies if you start it in a certain way). It's icky, and even talking about it, I feel I need a shower. But that's very different from doing the legwork to plat, say, Dragon Age: Inquisition twice, or The Witcher 3 twice. Hell, even Rat games require you to play the game again to get the trophies.

(I agree with your point wholeheartedly, BTW.)

5 hours ago, Dauersack said:

Also remember this, cheater and ez player badges would not tell us anything that we can't already see that without a badge, which is why I deem these unnecessary

There is one big difference, actually. I have freely admitted that I silently judge people based on the games they play. I assume they silently judge me for various reasons as well (assuming they don't ignore me entirely).

However, I don't expect the site to brand publicly those people I silently judge. I feel that's a big difference in the end. You are free (and, at least from me, encouraged) to make your own opinions about other people's trophies, including mine. I have a litany of Rat games on my profile, I have games like Hannah Montana. I have all of the Mayo games. 

But I stop short of saying that the site itself should make note of these people's habits. That feels like it crosses a line. There is a difference in creating different boards to reward different trophy hunters, and publicly shaming one set of trophy hunters as "non-gamers". Maybe they are, in your view, but that's a personal assessment.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, farradono said:

Can’t talk about autopop, as I don’t have any, but people don’t buy multiple copies of a game just for the trophies, though granted, they’re an additional boon.

I know people who do just that, and they are pretty easy to find even if you do not know any. I am not talking about different versions with changes, like remasters or remakes, either, just someone plainly getting the trophies of the exact same version from another region, usually per auto pop, sometimes normally, though most of the normal unlocks are for games that take mere minutes to complete.

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Auto pops are my main issue here. I merely laugh about addicts who can't replay a normal game they clearly want to replay without also getting another set of trophies for it, though I would not call it much of a problem for normal games given that very few people are so far gone. The problem is that most do it for ezpz stacks, as if buying such software was not bad enough already, they gotta do the same 2 minute task 5-7 times. I am not really competing on the leaderboard myself anyway given my lack of free time and its devalued state, it just annoys me for the people who try to do it, not to mention how these trashy games flood all over the site.

2 hours ago, janpham said:

Well I never claimed to be a "gamer", I play a lot of obscure indie stuff given my disdain for most of the crappy series you mentioned, though I did start Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and unlike you I actually completed the original. I could mock the fact that you are in the 4 digits for platinums with not a single ultra rare, sitting in the 90% area with your rarity, while having almost as many gold trophies as silver and bronze combined, so not fulfilling your standards of gamer sounds like a compliment, but thats a low hanging fruit now isn't it?

1 hour ago, El Duderino said:

Maybe, just maybe, you should take a look at my registration date, pal. I've been here before you even created your PSN account.

Yet for the time you are here you have rather little activity, and not once have I seen anything of value coming from you in the 4 years or so I have been following this site. Not saying that it never happened, just that if it did, it happened in ancient history, or you are doing a really good job hiding it.

I repeat what I said. If you have the "everything is pointless, nothing will ever change" attitude, then just stay out of the topics. Public protests also usually don't change anything, yet you don't get popularity points by standing in front of a protest yelling at everyone that they waste their time. People get to vent, complain, exchange a few ideas, see who they have common ground with and who they should better avoid, pretty much what many people use a forum for anyway. Why exactly are you in a public forum with your attitude again?

I know about what happened on Steam, that is pretty much where I see PSN heading towards at this rate, which is why I am not too fond of the idea and make that known, being fully aware that it won't change anything. You are not telling anyone anything new, people just tilt their heads and wonder whats wrong with you for incessantly repeating it.

46 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

But I stop short of saying that the site itself should make note of these people's habits. That feels like it crosses a line. There is a difference in creating different boards to reward different trophy hunters, and publicly shaming one set of trophy hunters as "non-gamers". Maybe they are, in your view, but that's a personal assessment.

You already admitted to judging peoples profiles, we all do, even if we don't all admit to it, so where is the harm in a badge or rank that makes it easier to identify if we like or dislike someones profile? Btw I never suggested naming it stuff like "non-gamer" or anything like that, for all I am concerned, even someone who has 1176 piss easy platinums with almost all of them being 98% rarity is, technically, part of this community, just a subspecies of it who does it for the numbers only. I doubt I fit into any one category with the wild mix of stuff I play either. The labels do not have to be insulting for all I am concerned, unless it is for cheaters, and they already get shamed anyway.

Not that I am particularly obsessed with the idea of having badges or extra labels, my biggest gripe with trash games is them flooding the store and new release sites. I am just baffled by peoples strong stance against having something like this, when it is not providing any new information you can't already see in a matter of seconds if you want to. I think I made it pretty clear already that I am not really invested in the leaderboard, even though it would be nice to look at the top 100 and see something aside from trophy whores who sit in front of their TV screens all day spamming jumping fast food stacks.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dauersack said:

You already admitted to judging peoples profiles, we all do, even if we don't all admit to it,

Of course we do, and that's our right as independent people to hold our own opinions of things. But...

14 minutes ago, Dauersack said:

so where is the harm in a badge or rank that makes it easier to identify if we like or dislike someones profile? 

I feel that it's VERY harmful. Ignoring the possibility of being used improperly by trolls, I don't like anything that actively seeks to create cliques on a public forum. You and I both are premium members of this site. I would be somewhat bothered if an anti-starcrunch clique was made into a feature on this site. I imagine you would be bothered by a similar anti-dauersack clique.

That's not to say that I require people to worship, like me, or even tolerate me personally. But I would damn sure be disappointed if the site made their lack of tolerance into a public option. (It's much the same reason that I oppose the idea of a "dislike" button for posts. There are plenty of posts I dislike, and I'll freely tell the poster when I do. But having a "thumbs down" click seems wrongheaded.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I feel that it's VERY harmful. Ignoring the possibility of being used improperly by trolls, I don't like anything that actively seeks to create cliques on a public forum. You and I both are premium members of this site. I would be somewhat bothered if an anti-starcrunch clique was made into a feature on this site. I imagine you would be bothered by a similar anti-dauersack clique.

I can't say that I agree with the comparison of a clique with the sole purpose of shitting on an individual and people having different badges, ranks or labels. I do not see premium and non premium members forming gangs against each other despite it being easily visible who belongs to what group. People are pretty individual here, some may think of themselves as part of a certain group that shares similar playstyles, aka completionists, rarity obsessed ones, speedrunners etc, but I can't say that I have noticed any grand scale hostility of groups of them going around together, sometimes it piles up naturally, doubt it would make any difference. People may be hostile to each other individually based on what they play, sure, but that is already happening, the only difference is that currently the information is 2 more clicks away than it would be if we got what some people seem to be so afraid of.

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

That's not to say that I require people to worship, like me, or even tolerate me personally. But I would damn sure be disappointed if the site made their lack of tolerance into a public option. (It's much the same reason that I oppose the idea of a "dislike" button for posts. There are plenty of posts I dislike, and I'll freely tell the poster when I do. But having a "thumbs down" click seems wrongheaded.)

Yeah we do not think alike at all. To me, a dislike button is a natural thing that pretty much has to exist if there is a like button, otherwise you do not get proper feedback. It was a normal thing for over 20 years in many internet forums or video platforms. You prefer to make your dislike known with a post or pm, something that has a lot more weight than a mere click on a dislike button given the extra time and effort it requires, while also compelling the user to react directly to it. Quite how you can view one thing as bad while viewing the other as okay is just something I really do not understand.

Edited by Dauersack

1 minute ago, janpham said:

@Dauersack I completed Final Fantasy 7 on PS1 decades ago + have the original Final Fantasy 7 Platinum + the FF7 Remake Platinum. You sure, i don't have them?

Search function has not shown me any results on your profile, neither did control + f, likely due to the sheer mass, so I just assumed you didn't. I definitely did not deem it worth the effort to properly look through over 1000 trash platinums to make sure though, which btw is the sentiment the vast majority of users have when looking at a profile such as yours, they just assume that these plat hoarding games is all you have on it. Congrats on having around a dozen or so normal games on your account I guess? Still, I doubt you will be surprised when I still do not value your requirements for being a "gamer".

• Like 1