Main game + DLC trophies not seperate

Emyl

The PAIN trophy list looks like shit. Only 8 main game trophies now. I know there is a ton of dlcs but even the king of pain trophy is in a dlc pack now and divided by grenade-a-maid and trill in separate dlcs doesn't make since. I liked it the way it was before and now I'll watch all my rarest trophies disappear cause of this. :(

King of Pain is a great example as to why this is the better and more reliable way. 

The trophy was changed to cover the Core Game and the DLC like an umbrella. But when %s decrease even more because a few shrimps here and there want it, that llist is gonna become increasingly more confusing.

• Like 2

I actually have 78% trophies in PAIN and I don't mind how the list looks because, well, that's how the game progressed with its DLC trophies. Unfortunately a tiny few of early games wont be the most visually appealing but it will help a ton of people out in knowing what trophies they need to get and don't need to get for platinum and so on.

I guess my 5 rarest trophies may not be PAIN trophies anymore though =P Idk, we'll see when the owner counts come in.

Edited by BlindMango

It has never made any sense for content to count against you that hasn't even been bought, let alone played. It definitely makes more sense to separate download content. Sony still has the most accurate numbers though, so I wouldn't worry about it either way.

DLC trophies don't "count against you" any less now then they used to. An incomplete game is just that, having 55/105 on UC3 won't change overnight because Sly changed something on the site.

2 of the best trophy hunters in the world, 

https://psnprofiles.com/TEXASBOI727

https://psnprofiles.com/kb420mcl

They don't really play a whole lot of easy games. But it shows a lot less with skewed percents. Both of the 2 have great lists, that deserve what

they worked for.

Edited by killerJAZZ420
  • Like 3

DLC trophies don't "count against you" any less now then they used to. An incomplete game is just that, having 55/105 on UC3 won't change overnight because Sly changed something on the site.

2 of the best trophy hunters in the world, 

https://psnprofiles.com/TEXASBOI727

https://psnprofiles.com/kb420mcl

They don't really play a whole lot of easy games. But it shows a lot less with skewed percents. Both of the 2 have great lists, that deserve what

they worked for.

Yeah i feel you man.  I actually fought the current system when it was being implemented as i felt it hurt the folks who actually strive to put in the extra effort to 100% their games.  I felt the ones who do should be awarded that 'rarity' point.  Like you say, it doesn't hurt the folks who don't go after them, so why the strong contest?  Anyways, i'm not here to fight it this time as i'm just here for the ride. 

Btw, thanks for the shoutout and the consideration to be considered among the 'best'.  It's not what i do it for, but i'll accept that nomination from my peers.  Oh yeah and i've played a TON of 'easy' games, i just know how to sprinkle a few 'quality' titles in, here and there.   :eyebrow:

Edited by TEXASBOI727
  • Like 3

Any Chance of listening to popular demand and reverting them to the way they were back before this waste of coding?

Or maybe throw in that great idea of the viewer's choice on what is UR and not that was suggested so long ago. If you going through the trouble of undoing that work, why not just leave it the way it is anyways?

This

Yeah i feel you man.  I actually fought the current system when it was being implemented as i felt it hurt the folks who actually strive to put in the extra effort to 100% their games.  I felt the ones who do should be awarded that 'rarity' point.  Like you say, it doesn't hurt the folks who don't go after them, so why the strong contest?  Anyways, i'm not here to fight it this time as i'm just here for the ride. 

and this.

• Like 2

ain

Any Chance of listening to popular demand and reverting them to the way they were back before this waste of coding?

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/6118-dlc-trophies-rarity-is-now-based-on-who-owns-the-dlc/

It was Popular demand to have it this way in the first place. But yeah, it's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't, people will complain no matter what is done - so I'll just let this thread go the same way as it always does, it's not as if their is anything new to be said.

Edited by Memnoch

Here is a new point: I see that many people in the old thread from almost last year suported it because they had some cruddy Dlc trophy as their rarest trophy, but they wanted their nicest platinum or something to be their rarest so it would show off. But this was before the Trophy Cabinet was introduced, which is the exact function of the Trophy Cabinet anyways. Since the Trophy Cabinet has been implemented, wouldn't it make sense that a number of those people would now be either indifferent, or all for the other way?

If trophies were cupcakes; ultra rare trophies would be cupcakes with icing and sprinkles. It makes you feel a little warmer inside.

Hmm... It's tough the more I think about it... Here's what I think:

I see the sense that it makes to where completion percentage would be calculated each of their in their own "DLC sections" based on owner of the DLC's. This makes the most sense for people looking at the DLC trophies to see the easiest to hardest trophies in that specific DLC pack.

However I agree with you guys it would make more sense to just have the DLC be part of the total game percentage like the format that it is on PSN. This makes the most overall sense, especially when going into truly rare trophies of base game owners.

I think that both ways of completion make sense, and maybe there could be a sound compromise (If there ever is a compromise to this feature).

Now, this is all based on the idea that the reason DLC rarity is based on just the owners for that DLC is for ease of seeing which trophies are easy or hard for that specific DLC without having to measure by decimal places providing a much slower and less accurate outcome for easy and hard DLC trophies. Based on that assumption (which could be wrong), this is a possible compromise I'm thinking of:

• Set the official rarity percentages back to the way they used to be (Measuring from the base game rather than just DLC owners) and then the completion percentages will be shown more accurately across the site and on profiles based off of the base game rather than the DLC sections.
  • Keeping in mind with the above recommendation that official completion rarity for DLC across the site be changed back to it being based off of the main game trophies for all users, users will have the ability to toggle between the two different completion percentage stats only on the specific "DLC sections" on game pages so that they have the ability to "see" how the completion "looks" just based off of that specific DLC. Again, toggling this would not change the official rarity based off of the main game on their profile stats, it will just be a way to "peek" or "measure" the DLC section rarities:

completion.png

Now that's just something I'm throwing out there, I'm not saying that's the best way to do it or anything.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

It's a sound idea in itself, but it does make stats say what the user wants them to say (not that I care, but I'm sure someone will) - but if it stops the continual moaning, I'm all for it

Lol, I don't really care about the issue also but I can see that it's really controversial. Now that I'm thinking of it more, I think another reason Sly changed rarity based off of just DLC sections was to have less ultra rare trophies and more common trophies too.

Yeah, this is a big issue actually, lol. My compromise above would set it back to the way it was which would make people have more ultra rare trophies - I could see why people would love that and also why people would hate that, haha. I guess it's just a matter of if people would rather having more or less ultra rare trophies. Yeah, now I'm seeing why it's a complicated issue now... lmao  :lol:

However, I think that it should be important to note that rarity and difficulty are not necessarily the same thing either way for all of this. 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I think this is all a moot point until we start calculating 0% games into our completion. I know a lot of people don't want that but it really should be included. It would give a more accurate picture of your overall completion and it would mean that when you finally go back to cleaning those games up your completion percentage would actually go up instead of taking a nose dive (as it has done for me in the past)

• Like 2

I may be in the minority here but rather than seeing ultra rare trophies as some sort of status symbol, I see them as a useful indicator of what to expect when trying to unlock them.

Despite generally agreeing, this system is about as meaningless, because PSNP doesn't know if I own a DLC at all unless I already earned at least one trophy on it. This means most DLCs will have their easiest trophy at or near 100% with all others relative to that one. Because there is no indication how tough the most common trophy of the DLC in question actually is, the whole list is meaningless in terms of trophy thoughness, anyway.

• Like 3

A trophy being ultra rare means nothing if it includes people who don't even have access to it. In that case, you might as well factor in everyone on the site into the rarity regardless of if they have the game or not. There's no real benefit in it for anyone having it this way, other than the ego boost some might get from having loads of ultra rares that may or may not actually be rare.

That is more or less what I thought while reading this topic. I don't care about the rarity of my trophies much but I do like statistics in general and I don't like if they are bend. Here is a purely fictive example: Let's say a game has 100k owners (on this site) and that game releases a crappy (and thus unpopular) but easy DLC that only 4000 people care to buy but over 90% of these get all of the DLC trophies. If you take the whole game into account, all DLC trophies will be ultra rare. But if these trophies appeared in the rarest trophies on your profile, it'd only tell the world that you spent money on a crappy DLC and waisted your time by playing it. That's nothing to be proud of really. Then we might as well do it as Shadiochao stated and relate all percentages to the whole PS community. That way people won't have to wait for unpopular DLCs to get ultra rare trophies, they can just buy unpopular games.

My rarest to trophies are the RDR platinum and AC:B's employee of the month. Both trophies took quite a bit of work and I'm proud to have them, although they are only rare, not ultra rare. I wouldn't even WANT that some DLC trophy tops them, just because very few game owners bought that DLC.

If you want ultra rare trophies: Earn them!

Despite generally agreeing, this system is about as meaningless, because PSNP doesn't know if I own a DLC at all unless I already earned at least one trophy on it. This means most DLCs will have their easiest trophy at or near 100% with all others relative to that one. Because there is no indication how tough the most common trophy of the DLC in question actually is, the whole list is meaningless in terms of trophy thoughness, anyway.

Is that really true? PSNP does know about 0% games. (I have SingStar on my list just beause I watched a video a friend uploaded.) Is it different for DLCs? Then of course you're right. Although that way it is still a better guess than just taking all game owners.

EDIT:

Ok, maybe next time I should check out the new features before I write about them. I guess the way it is now is something I can live with. All of my Left Behind trophies are ultra rare now (which in my opinion is still incorrect) but at least they don't show up in the rarest trophy section.

But that leads to new questions: Does anyone still have a DLC trophy in the rarest trophies section? Are they generally excluded now or are they just listed with their actual percentage (based on DLC owners)?

Edited by Loki-_--___--_-I
  • Like 2

Here. This is the problem.

As long as there is no way of tracking DLC owners, other than by tracking those with at least 1 trophy in that DLC, this system is completely flawed. I can give you perfect examples.

Every DLC where there are no easy trophies, the rarity is completely fucked up. Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Ninja Gaiden 3, Pretty much every pinball game, Mirror's Edge. Just a few  examples. In these games, the most common trophies of the DLC are not something that every DLC owner will get, not nearly. Therefore, the owners tracked here are WAY less than in reality.

This makes a few absurd rarities. The "Wingate Whacker" trophy in the Gunsmoke DLC of Capcom Arcade Cabinet is the best I can show you. Both trophies are hard, but the easier one is on 100%, and the brutally hard other one on a ridiculous 66% (not right now, but I assume you'll put back the DLC user rarity within few days). In Ninja Gaiden 3, Sage and Legendary Ninja are 22-23% by the "DLC owners", but the DLC owners are only counted from those who got one of the easier trophies, but they're not obtained by NEARLY all actual DLC owners... Heck, I'd say not even every 10 owners.

So yeah, think about it. Honestly, this DLC owner tracking by those with 1 trophy in the DLC at least, is a joke to me. It's not real rarity this way.

I guess the only way to make everyone happy would be to let both rarity tracking be allowed, switchable for every user.

As long as this stupid DLC owner tracking is here, and hackers are allowed by hiding games, I'm switching to PSNTL. I loved PSNP, but this DLC tracking system completely pissed me off. One of my hardest trophies became 23% rare (it's the hardest Ninja Gaiden trophy), what kind of joke is that?

• Like 1

Here. This is the problem.

As long as there is no way of tracking DLC owners, other than by tracking those with at least 1 trophy in that DLC, this system is completely flawed. I can give you perfect examples.

Every DLC where there are no easy trophies, the rarity is completely fucked up. Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Ninja Gaiden 3, Pretty much every pinball game, Mirror's Edge. Just a few  examples. In these games, the most common trophies of the DLC are not something that every DLC owner will get, not nearly. Therefore, the owners tracked here are WAY less than in reality.

This makes a few absurd rarities. The "Wingate Whacker" trophy in the Gunsmoke DLC of Capcom Arcade Cabinet is the best I can show you. Both trophies are hard, but the easier one is on 100%, and the brutally hard other one on a ridiculous 66% (not right now, but I assume you'll put back the DLC user rarity within few days). In Ninja Gaiden 3, Sage and Legendary Ninja are 22-23% by the "DLC owners", but the DLC owners are only counted from those who got one of the easier trophies, but they're not obtained by NEARLY all actual DLC owners... Heck, I'd say not even every 10 owners.

So yeah, think about it. Honestly, this DLC owner tracking by those with 1 trophy in the DLC at least, is a joke to me. It's not real rarity this way.

I guess the only way to make everyone happy would be to let both rarity tracking be allowed, switchable for every user.

As long as this stupid DLC owner tracking is here, and hackers are allowed by hiding games, I'm switching to PSNTL. I loved PSNP, but this DLC tracking system completely pissed me off. One of my hardest trophies became 23% rare (it's the hardest Ninja Gaiden trophy), what kind of joke is that?

Why not use the trophy cabinet to show off those trophies?

Why not use the trophy cabinet to show off those trophies?

Is that all? Seriously? Hahaha...

I explained thoroughly the problem with this system, showed examples, and this is the reply? 

Obviously in my case I can "show them off" in the cabinet but 

1. that doesn't change the fact that I have less ultra rares than I deserve because of it

2. those who have more than 3 hard DLC trophies, what are they gonna do? Pay for premium? And those who have more than 10?

I feel like you understand that I'm right, but you don't wanna change the system back because it would be either a lot of work or because you'd feel like a shame to switch back now. It's not a shame, it's how it should be...

Is that all? Seriously? Hahaha...

I explained thoroughly the problem with this system, showed examples, and this is the reply? 

Obviously in my case I can "show them off" in the cabinet but 

1. that doesn't change the fact that I have less ultra rares than I deserve because of it

2. those who have more than 3 hard DLC trophies, what are they gonna do? Pay for premium? And those who have more than 10?

I feel like you understand that I'm right, but you don't wanna change the system back because it would be either a lot of work or because you'd feel like a shame to switch back now. It's not a shame, it's how it should be...

It's just one line to comment out to change it. The reason it changed in the first place is because we had countless threads begging for it. We can't make everyone happy.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sly.

But if someone has the trophy list of a game on its profile at 0%, that 0% is not accounted for trophy rarity of that game.

If that is true, then the DLC rarity system we have now it's totally consistent with how rarity is calculated on the base game.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sly.

But if someone has the trophy list of a game on its profile at 0%, that 0% is not accounted for trophy rarity of that game.

If that is true, then the DLC rarity system we have now it's totally consistent with how rarity is calculated on the base game.

Base game on 0% is counted.

DLC on 0% isn't, because it can't be. That's why this DLC rarity is flawed.

And you know that... why?

Seeing as it is not used to calculate your global completion stat, I would be more inclined to believe it is not used to calculate rarity too.

Do you have a link or something where it is said that 0% are accounted for rarity?