Which armor sets to invest in?

TragicKingdom50

12 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

How many sets can we max out tho? 

Not many. On just Hacksilver alone, post credits I was at 2 million plus or minus 50,000 from excess resources to sell. After upgrading half the armor to 8 and the rest to 5, plus majority of the weapon accessories to 6, I'm down to 300,000. 

You'd have to grind the Musphelheim trials for certain crafting resources for sure. 

I started unlocking the Raven armor and used that entire game. Really the question is do you want STR or DEF ? Everything else is semi irrelevant. 

Edited by ZZ383
  • Like 1

The Steinbjorn armor is probably the most powerful set and will give you the best odds against the tougher side bosses. Lunda and Raven armor are also very good and are good compliments to the Steinbjorn armor if you mix and match them and use one of each together. 

Stack it with health recovery and defense boosting amulets and you're practically invincible, even against the Valkyrie Queen and Berserker Bosses. You become a tank. 

I think it may be a bit too early yet for best builds and stuff as there is much more variety here than the 1st so players are perhaps still experimenting

In the first game, Runic/Cooldown/Luck was one of the strongest builds. Its allows you to stunlock enemies including Valkyries and become unstunnable yourself.

Once built right, you could use your 4 Runics, Atreus Runics, your Talisman special and then the Runics would be ready again, so a easy stunlock loop on valkyries.

You get an extra 2 runic attacks here due to the spear, I can imagine some pretty crazy spammable runic builds being made or a spammable rage build even!! Or perhaps a build where you can stay in rage mode with the right setup xD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ShroudOvFlesh said:

For me it's 100% Lunda's lost armor set. Now I don't have all of the sets yet but I've been rocking this set ever since I got it. You get it in Vanaheim.

This set is incredible on no mercy. I'm melting bosses 

• Like 3

I go with the Steinbjorn set. Armor skill is a bit shitty unless you use a fast weapon during all the proc duration (the faster you hit, the more you heal yourself), but the skill of the rest of the pieces are amazing (chance to stun enemies that hits you). It triggers A LOT without you having very high Luck stat and most of the times, regular foes get stunned at the first hit they give you. Considering the INSANE amount of defense that this set gives to you, it makes some of the hardest bosses a piece of cake.

Edited by Galserik
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, XXIIlII said:

Need a good set for the "Hidden trophy"

Spoiler

My set was like that, and all of them runics etc are maximized:

Strength: 490

Defence: 385

I suggest those set up for weapons like this and max everything with sources and XP;

axe: lvl 9, The Furious Maul, Wrath of the Frost, Breath of Tamur
blade: lvl 9, Pommels of Brutal Might, Hades Retrubition, Atlas Eruption
spear: lvl 9, Hind of the Four Winds, Mountain Splitter, The Finger of Ruin
shield: Rönd of Purification

armour: Surtr's Scorched (all 3 of them chest, wrist and waist)

resource: berserkers resurrection stone

You can change below however you wish but mine like this;

spartan rage: wrath
relic: Hilt of Skofnung
amulets: all the best amulets may depend of your choice

Also I suggest you to complete 100% all realms to get all things and max up Kratos and Freya abilities.
With this setup I managed to win easily on my 2nd attempt and I am not good at combat fights though.

The post may not contain any spoiler about the setup but I covered it on spoiler cover though.

Edited by thesahinonur
  • Like 1

at the moment im still using the first armor set , the survival one, on lvl 6 or 7 gets massive stat boosts , but no passive abilities , also the basic handles ( the ones you also start with) same deal, massive stat boosts at lvl 6 or 7
Luck increases resource gains if  im not mistaken so you get more hacksilver along the way, maybe even  more crafting resources, but i could be wrong

48 minutes ago, Axeman_Phoenix said:

at the moment im still using the first armor set , the survival one, on lvl 6 or 7 gets massive stat boosts , but no passive abilities , also the basic handles ( the ones you also start with) same deal, massive stat boosts at lvl 6 or 7
Luck increases resource gains if  im not mistaken so you get more hacksilver along the way, maybe even  more crafting resources, but i could be wrong

Just some info in terms exploration and efficiency:

You literally get enough to max upgrade a few armor sets even if you dont pick up anything else except for platinum requirements.

Most my realms are at 50-70% completion only after platinum.

Muspelheim naturally gets you a lot of of materials as you must play 24 trials altogether for the trophy there (not 15 as suggested around the net). Technically 12 unique trials, but 24 altogether.

Vanaheim, The Crater is your biggest earner btw. You want to do that as soon as possible really, straight after story. All you have to do is smash a few crystals along the way, then lob them in the well and you will get a hundred or so of almost every lower-mid tier resource!!

I finished the story getting nothing, I couldnt upgrade nothing, but as soon as I finished The Crater in Vanaheim, I can almost max upgrade loads of equipment. Think I go from Level 5 or 6, straight to Level 8.

Its crazy how much materials they give you in Vanaheim The Crater actually in so little time. It feels to me in a way that its the replacement for GOW 1 Niflheim in this game.

Not sure if mentioned anywhere, Ive not looked into armour too much personally, but in Muspelheim, you will naturally get the Surtyr set which gives 40% damage reduction to most attacks!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3