DLC

Hi dude.

Its a free dlc. You unlock it through the jungle world.

Ive just started it but it looks like it could take maybe 5 hours. You need 100 percent it. The collectables are dinausaur eggs which there are more in each level than the feathers from the main game. Hopefully easy to find like the main game collectables.

Time trials are also back

Suprised but happy to see a dlc pop up for this. Loved this hidden gem. Reminded me of my donkey kong days

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 3

I think it's a free update according to the dev diary and comments on that youtube video.
I can't find the DLC in the store but I have to install the game again to check if it's part of an update.

I also expect a PS5 version and I'm wondering if that will be a free upgrade, some Microids games had free upgrades recently.

https://www.microids.com/marsupilami-hoobadventure-dev-diary-the-hidden-world/

Edit: dannyswfc9 was quicker :P

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 1

So what, did this just launch? I randomly chose this game off my backlog and found these levels, wondering why there wasn't much info on them. As of yesterday they weren't even listed.

While the rest of the game was a relatively calm cruise for someone who has played as long as me, the DLC goes and steals from the DKC playbook. There are traps, precise timing, using enemies as platforms, chase sequences, even small sections on a zipline minecart... Frustrating? Yes. Doable of course, just be prepared for longer levels that need to be done 3 times each.

• Like 1

Just now, dannyswfc9 said:

The dlc is accessed on the jungle world on the map which is the 2nd world so im guessing you have to get to that point first

Thanks good to know, too bad i sold the copy (EU version), it seems it's only 2.99 on the NA store with PS Plus subscription. On the EU it's not and price is 19.99. :(

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Thanks good to know, too bad i sold the copy (EU version), it seems it's only 2.99 on the NA store with PS Plus subscription. On the EU it's not and price is 19.99. :(

Thats a shame dude. Hopefully be on sale in europe soon.

I very nearly deleted my save as a didn't expect as a dlc releasing for this (wouldn't of taken long to make it to the dlc area anyway if i had done)

I had never heard of it until i came across it by accident

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

That's what I thought, I saw the game on sale at 19.99 and everyone's talking about 3.99. It's NA only apparently.

3.99 is a great price for the game. I bought it physically for 24€ and upon completion, it was on thinking of selling it. It was very overpriced for what the game has to offer.

However, this DLC is incredible compared to the rest of the game :o the level design, the variaty and the difficulty is just right. They put more effort to this DLC then the rest of the base game, which is a shame, it's very forgettable - for me at least :/ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emailking said:

Why do you have to beat each level 3 times?

Once to play through the story and getting the collectables. One time to beat the time trial bronze time, and beat each level on the new Cataclysm mode exclusive to the DLC's world. Cataclysm mode is unlocked by finishing the DLC's story.

Edited by AquaNSky

3 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

With you saying this im guessing you dont need gold times for 100%?

Ive got them in most but some of these levels are pretty tough and long for gold requirements

Correct, you don't need to get gold in time trials, the same goes for the cataclysm levels you don't need to complete them without dying (you see a golden border around your reward if you do so). I made all time trials in gold because I wasn't sure if it counted or not. I just left one I struggled the most (the special level 2) and I did to rest to check what counted or not.

• Like 1

On 23-11-2022 at 6:03 AM, MidnightDragon said:

Also, seeing some of the achievements from the XBox version (they still ding in game, but only get the first two as trophies), we're very fortunate they didn't add those. :P 

Just checked and wow... :o
That one level under 2min10 would already worry me and then I saw 'get gold in all levels'... Not sure if that's all DLC levels or all the levels in the game but I currently still have to do the 2 last DLC levels on bronze and that alternate level might get annoying as my first try was 2 minutes above bronze...

On 11/29/2022 at 8:03 PM, Kolm said:

Just checked and wow... :o
That one level under 2min10 would already worry me and then I saw 'get gold in all levels'... Not sure if that's all DLC levels or all the levels in the game but I currently still have to do the 2 last DLC levels on bronze and that alternate level might get annoying as my first try was 2 minutes above bronze...

I got the gold time trial medal in all Hidden World levels and didn't unlock that in-game achievement, so it must apply to all levels in the game.

Edited by Cloud_Squall78